Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Dream cars

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    We sat thru all that nonsense because Lexus (Toyota) was offering 0.9% financing and we figured, we'll go with the almost free money. But man, they made a valiant attempt to cheat us big time, good thing we were paying attention (I've watched Fargo about eight times, I'm onto those guys!)
    One of the main reasons I find the best price anywhere in the U.S. (including shipping) and have a flatbed bring my new vehicle to me. I refuse to waste time with F & I people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    One of the main reasons I find the best price anywhere in the U.S. (including shipping) and have a flatbed bring my new vehicle to me. I refuse to waste time with F & I people.
    Ha, I always work things out in advance, but I succumbed to the cheap money...it was complicated by the fact that VT has no Lexus dealers, had to go to New Hamster to get the car and fend off both the warranty sales pitch and the cheating attempt. (I had already gotten the final final all inclusive price in writing before I drove down, but did that stop them from a blatant attempt to cheat us? No, it did not)

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ha, I always work things out in advance, but I succumbed to the cheap money...it was complicated by the fact that VT has no Lexus dealers, had to go to New Hamster to get the car and fend off both the warranty sales pitch and the cheating attempt. (I had already gotten the final final all inclusive price in writing before I drove down, but did that stop them from a blatant attempt to cheat us? No, it did not)
    Makes sense, invest their cheap money.

I’m very fortunate, my company pays for my car. So, I negotiate the best all cash price. Then, from my experiences, sales will not lose a sale to force an F & I visit. I have all docs emailed, electronically sign, and wire funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Makes sense, invest their cheap money.

I’m very fortunate, my company pays for my car. So, I negotiate the best all cash price. Then, from my experiences, sales will not lose a sale to force an F & I visit. I have all docs emailed, electronically sign, and wire funds.
    Yeah, I usually get the best cash price and just bring it home, which I'll do in the future given my Lexus experience, though we do love the car.
    After our absurdly bizarre experience, I got a survey from Lexus asking about the buying experience (our sales guy told us he REALLY wanted us to give him a top rating). I gave an honest rating: this was the most dishonest, absurd car buying experience ever, one star, lowest rating. And the salesman was gone shortly thereafter I am told.