Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    What if it was a mini-Ditka?
    what if it was a team of mini-Ditkas vs Tatum, Durant, Kawhi, Steph Curry, Kyrie and LeBron (7 players, y'know, gotta have a bench)?
    Can mini-Ditka dunk?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    what if it was a team of mini-Ditkas vs Tatum, Durant, Kawhi, Steph Curry, Kyrie and LeBron (7 players, y'know, gotta have a bench)?
    Can mini-Ditka dunk?
    A little closer - team of mini-Ditkas 411, NBA All-Stars 7

And mini-Ditka can absolutely dunk. In fact, they need to have specially reinforced backboards whenever he plays. Otherwise, it's shatter city, even with detatchable rims.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Admit it, wouldn't part of you just love to see LaVar try his shtick on Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens?
    this post may be the greatest post in the history of posts...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Who would you trade straight up for Tatum?
    channingjenna.jpg

"Gosh, who wouldn't I trade Tatum for? Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds... heck, Jonah Hill, maybe a bag of chips..."
    -- Jenna Dewan

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    What if it was a mini-Ditka?
    I would only be interested in seeing Mini-Ditka play against Li'l Penny.

Tatum is on a rookie contract. He is an all-star caliber player (based on playoff performance) already getting paid 1/4th what other all-stars are getting. He has a chance to be all-nba. And you get to spend that savings on another good/great player and you have rights on him when his contract ends as well thus extending your options and value.

There are only 5 players in the world I trade Tatum for...

LeBron
    Durant
    Curry
    Harden
    Antetokounmpo

These are the 5 unique players in the NBA that are franchise altering. There are more players that are more even trades but these are the only 5 I don't feel terrible about trading Tatum for. One day I think Tatum is in or close to this list. It helps he is being trained by skills coach Drew Hanlen, who you should pray your favorite player is being trained by.

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dukie View Post
    Tatum is on a rookie contract. He is an all-star caliber player (based on playoff performance) already getting paid 1/4th what other all-stars are getting. He has a chance to be all-nba. And you get to spend that savings on another good/great player and you have rights on him when his contract ends as well thus extending your options and value.

There are only 5 players in the world I trade Tatum for...

LeBron
    Durant
    Curry
    Harden
    Antetokounmpo

These are the 5 unique players in the NBA that are franchise altering. There are more players that are more even trades but these are the only 5 I don't feel terrible about trading Tatum for. One day I think Tatum is in or close to this list. It helps he is being trained by skills coach Drew Hanlen, who you should pray your favorite player is being trained by.
    I really think you have to add Anthony Davis to that list. And maybe Embiid. And maybe Kawhi - subject to a physical.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    I really think you have to add Anthony Davis to that list. And maybe Embiid. And maybe Kawhi - subject to a physical.
    I was going to post a reply that included Anthony Davis. I think cousins, embiid, KAT and kawhi have to be included too but to a lesser extent.
    Since we are looking at this hypothetical situation from Boston's perspective, I think Stevens would salivate over the prospect of having a player like Davis guarding the rim. They can replace Tatum with Hayward and as great as tatum was last year, Hayward could easily end up being an upgrade, at least in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    For sure:
    LeBron
    Durant
    Kawhi
    Davis
    Giannis
    Steph
    Harden
    Simmons
    PG13
    Embiid
    Porzingis

On the fence about:
    Lillard
    Wall
    Ingram
    Thank You! This is the first sensible post I've seen yet. Love JT and think he's going to be great but here are lots of guys who ARE great and young enough. Add Draymond Green to the top list and, KAT, Gobert, Klay Thompson, Donnovan Mitchell to the bottom list.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Thank You! This is the first sensible post I've seen yet. Love JT and think he's going to be great but here are lots of guys who ARE great and young enough. Add Draymond Green to the top list and, KAT, Gobert, Klay Thompson, Donnovan Mitchell to the bottom list.
    No Westbrook?

I wouldn't add Draymond to either only because I don't think he's a top 2 option on a championship team... at least not unless they have a super talented 3-6. Gobert I just wouldn't consider at all. You're correct with KAT, Klay and Donnovan but I didn't put them only because I value JTs position and versatility enough not to wanna trade for those outright, but I would consider it.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    No Westbrook?
    Westbrook is just tough to build around but yes he should be on my second part.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Westbrook is just tough to build around but yes he should be on my second part.
    I meant to check my list for him and just forgot. I'd put him on my first list though (at the bottom and really only because of age).

I wouldn't add Draymond to either only because I don't think he's a top 2 option on a championship team... You're correct with KAT, Klay and Donnovan but I didn't put them only because I value JTs position and versatility enough not to wanna trade for those outright, but I would consider it.
    Trading for Draymond or Klay would give you the benefit of weakening the Warriors, which is like a double win. And while Tatum would help them to some extent (especially in terms of getting younger and less expensive, allowing them to possibly give Durant a full max deal), I think it would be worth it to break up their core. I’d definitely trade for Klay for that reason. His contract would be an issue, he has hinted that he’s willing to take a discount to stay with the Warriors, but for any other team he’s a max player. Green I guess you could argue that they could find another guy to fill his role so maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Trading for Draymond or Klay would give you the benefit of weakening the Warriors, which is like a double win. And while Tatum would help them to some extent (especially in terms of getting younger and less expensive, allowing them to possibly give Durant a full max deal), I think it would be worth it to break up their core. I’d definitely trade for Klay for that reason. His contract would be an issue, he has hinted that he’s willing to take a discount to stay with the Warriors, but for any other team he’s a max player. Green I guess you could argue that they could find another guy to fill his role so maybe not.
    So sad to see the hate towards the GSW. They sucked for decades, decades. Outside of the Steph Curry era, I can't even remember the last time they were good (Run DMC?). So, I'm OK with them having their time in the sun because they play such a great style and have Kerr at the helm. As for Green, you could argue that they could find another guy to fill his role but it would be a losing argument. Green's antics hide to some degree how good he is at basketball (on both ends of the court).

Tatum is fantastic and very young and has such a bright future in the league. It's going to be fun to watch him grow...especially after he played so well in the playoffs. I hope the Celtics get healthy and keep their core team together because I want to see that playoff team with Kyrie and Gordon.

So sad to see the hate towards the GSW. They sucked for decades, decades. Outside of the Steph Curry era, I can't even remember the last time they were good (Run DMC?). So, I'm OK with them having their time in the sun because they play such a great style and have Kerr at the helm. As for Green, you could argue that they could find another guy to fill his role but it would be a losing argument. Green's antics hide to some degree how good he is at basketball (on both ends of the court).

Tatum is fantastic and very young and has such a bright future in the league. It's going to be fun to watch him grow...especially after he played so well in the playoffs. I hope the Celtics get healthy and keep their core team together because I want to see that playoff team with Kyrie and Gordon.
    They were the darlings of the NBA and people would still love them if it wasn't for Durant. Many NBA fans are just upset at the imbalance of the NBA now where it's 1 team that can win as opposed to 4 or 5 like it would be if Durant stayed with OKC.

16. Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post

I was in grad school at Stanford that year the Warriors beat the Mavs as an 8 seed in the playoffs. That was awesome. Arena rocked.

They were the darlings of the NBA and people would still love them if it wasn't for Durant. Many NBA fans are just upset at the imbalance of the NBA now where it's 1 team that can win as opposed to 4 or 5 like it would be if Durant stayed with OKC.
    I agree with this. Durant signing with them changed things dramatically in terms of how the broader NBA fan base views both GSW and KD (I still respect him, but think it was a complete wuss move on his part). Draymond's antics and Steph growing a bit more outwardly cocky have added a bit of fuel to the dislike, as did Zaza's hatchet job on Kawhi last year. But the KD signing was the real watershed.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    I agree with this. Durant signing with them changed things dramatically in terms of how the broader NBA fan base views both GSW and KD (I still respect him, but think it was a complete wuss move on his part). Draymond's antics and Steph growing a bit more outwardly cocky have added a bit of fuel to the dislike, as did Zaza's hatchet job on Kawhi last year. But the KD signing was the real watershed.
    I can agree with the KD backlash. It's real. Didn't effect me but I get it.