Cam Reddish in a boot (vigil)

Apologies if this is old news, but the Duke BBall instagram account posted photos from K Academy today, and Cam is in a walking boot. Any formal announcements about this? The boot looks short-ish--it only goes about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way up his shin.

Its on the DukeMBB instagram story, and I screen-shotted it on my phone and will try to upload here shortly...

Anyone at K Academy hear anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Apologies if this is old news, but the Duke BBall instagram account posted photos from K Academy today, and Cam is in a walking boot. Any formal announcements about this? The boot looks short-ish--it only goes about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way up his shin.

Its on the DukeMBB instagram story, and I screen-shotted it on my phone and will try to upload here shortly...

Anyone at K Academy hear anything about this?
    The more concerning injury is probably Tre's hip. You can read about both in this article in the N&O by Wiseman.

Cam's foot injury doesn't sound serious:

Reddish is also on campus dealing with a health issue. He was wearing a walking boot on his right foot on Wednesday as he deals with a stress reaction that he said will sideline him for two or three weeks.

“Nothing serious,” Reddish said. “Just being preventative. I’ll be all right.” Reddish said he is confident he’ll be healthy to play in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    The more concerning injury is probably Tre's hip. You can read about both in this article in the N&O by Wiseman.

Reddish is also on campus dealing with a health issue. He was wearing a walking boot on his right foot on Wednesday as he deals with a stress reaction that he said will sideline him for two or three weeks.

“Nothing serious,” Reddish said. “Just being preventative. I’ll be all right.” Reddish said he is confident he’ll be healthy to play in Canada.
    Got it, thanks for posting. Still watching the presser and had that article queued up. Here's the photo. Hope this works...

CamReddishBoot.jpg

It's over.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    It's over.
    LOL....Did it ever begin??

I believe this is a precautionary measure that is used with all Duke players to prevent injuries. Some players will also have precautionary protective bubbles. You can never be too cautious.
    Last edited by NSDukeFan; 06-01-2018 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Redundancy

It definitely is concerning that he's not sure he'll be available for a trip that is over 2 months from now . . .

Can we just have 1 season of good health? Jeez.

You see, guys? That’s what happens when you recruit sure-fire OADs. Surely, y’all have seen the statistics on how OADs are significantly more likely to get injured before or during their one college season than are their non-OAD brethren. The chickens always come home to roost.

Nothing like getting the season off on the right foot.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Got it, thanks for posting. Still watching the presser and had that article queued up. Here's the photo. Hope this works...

CamReddishBoot.jpg
    Oh man. When I saw this picture, I was expecting the white text in blue background to read, "Knee Contusion", "Hip Soreness", "Broken Thumb", etc...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I believe this is a precautionary measure that is used with all Duke players to prevent injuries. Some players will also have precautionary protective bubbles. You can never be too cautious.
    Duke players begin full-contact off-season workouts.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Can we just have 1 season of good health? Jeez.
    Last season counts. I don't think it's realistic to expect, for example, that your top 8 players play all 40 games.

Reasonable health is what we're looking for, which I would define as nobody ever suffering a major injury (i.e. out 2-3 weeks max vs being out 2-3 months) and having your top 6 players healthy for the NCAAT. Last season was a good season health-wise, with the worst injury being Marvin missing 4 games with the knee sprain.

Last season counts. I don't think it's realistic to expect, for example, that your top 8 players play all 40 games.

Reasonable health is what we're looking for, which I would define as nobody ever suffering a major injury (i.e. out 2-3 weeks max vs being out 2-3 months) and having your top 6 players healthy for the NCAAT. Last season was a good season health-wise, with the worst injury being Marvin missing 4 games with the knee sprain.
    But the year before I think you could conservatively say they had about six years worth of injuries in a single season.

Last season we avoided any catastrophic injuries, but we had several minor ones that we don’t even know the full extent of. Wendell’s achilles injury being the most prominent. Javin and Bolden missed time and that really stunted their development. Bagley being out didn’t hurt him as an individual but came when the team had just made the switch to zone and so he wasn’t able to integrate with the new defense. Tre’s injury in the ACCT cost us a #1 seed, and I wonder how much Bagley’s injury that occurred during the first CHeat game affected him in that game too. Losing 2/3 to those guys really hurt.

Jones is the last guy we can afford to lose. I’m already feeling bummed 8-(

What's wrong w Tre.? The video was skipping here ...

Time to rethink the playing time for Baker.

I wish the season was more than 5 months away so everyone could get healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Last season we avoided any catastrophic injuries, but we had several minor ones that we don’t even know the full extent of. Wendell’s achilles injury being the most prominent. Javin and Bolden missed time and that really stunted their development. Bagley being out didn’t hurt him as an individual but came when the team had just made the switch to zone and so he wasn’t able to integrate with the new defense. Tre’s injury in the ACCT cost us a #1 seed, and I wonder how much Bagley’s injury that occurred during the first CHeat game affected him in that game too. Losing 2/3 to those guys really hurt.
    I think most college teams end up with little dings like that, though. I'd be surprised if our injury luck -- if it could be quantified -- weren't better than at least half the teams in the country last season, and so I have no complaints. Just think about what some of the ACC teams went through. UVA lost their most talented player right before the tournament without any games to adjust. Clemson lost Donte Grantham for the season. Notre Dame lost Colson for 2 months, which probably cost them a tournament berth. BC maybe would've contended for an NCAA tourney spot if they hadn't lost Deontae Hawkins for the season. Miami lost Bruce Brown for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    What's wrong w Tre.? The video was skipping here ...
    It's in the article. Tre is rehabbing a hip injury, and when asked, he wasn't sure he could be ready in time for the Canada trip. That said, there was no mention of him not being ready in time for October practice, so I'm not really sweating this one.

What color is the boot? Is it red-ish? 😳😊

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    I wish the season was more than 5 months away so everyone could get healthy.
    Trust me. There's plenty of time for MORE "injuries" between now and then.
    Love, Ima