Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Well I don't know about vast majority...now certainly with OAD this is lessening, but I think it's true for a lot players who play routinely on the big stage of college hoops (Duke, Kansas, the cheats, Kentucky, etc.)
    I would say it's definetly vast majority. Even discounting OADs. I would say hardly anyone thinks of Kemba and thinks anything other than Hornets.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I would say it's definetly vast majority. Even discounting OADs. I would say hardly anyone thinks of Kemba and thinks anything other than Hornets.
    depends on where you're from...

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    depends on where you're from...
    Well I'm not referring to specific places, I'm referring to the whole.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Whenever I see Klay, I instantly think of WSU and Drew Bledsoe...

...while this is true...ask a thousand sports fans for a snap word association with JJ - and its Duke...period...hands down.
    Not in Philly!

Steph--Davidson?
    James Harden--ASU?
    Joel Embiid--Kansas?

I think the "man on the street" thinks GSW, Houston, and Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by clinresga View Post
    Not in Philly!

Steph--Davidson?
    James Harden--ASU?
    Joel Embiid--Kansas?

I think the "man on the street" thinks GSW, Houston, and Philly.
    Davidson is not a big stage in college 99% of the time. Not a valid analogy.
    Steph is also known for being far greater in the pros than even the Warriors projected. This is not true of JJ Redick. And this is not true of Quinn Cook, and remember, these were the two players that kicked off this debate.

Embiid played only one year...again, I already said the OAD were different in this regard. See above about Redick and Quinn.
    And ASU is seriously not a big stage in college BB...haven't been in many decades. And I think Harden was two and done...and has also been much greater in the pros than even his drafting team projected.

Gotta keep apples to apples...

Davidson is not a big stage in college 99% of the time. Not a valid analogy.
    Steph is also known for being far greater in the pros than even the Warriors projected. This is not true of JJ Redick. And this is not true of Quinn Cook, and remember, these were the two players that kicked off this debate.

Embiid played only one year...again, I already said the OAD were different in this regard. See above about Redick and Quinn.
    And ASU is seriously not a big stage in college BB...haven't been in many decades. And I think Harden was two and done...and has also been much greater in the pros than even his drafting team projected.

Gotta keep apples to apples...
    So, your rule only applies to like 10 Division 1 schools out of 351, and even then only for players who aren't OAD, and even then only for players who don't become better players than their draft status projects? OK.

How many NBA starters are better associated in the mind of the casual sports fan with a college team than as an NBA player? Definitely no more than 10 out of 150 starters. In fact, you could argue it's no more than 1 (JJ Redick).

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    So, your rule only applies to like 10 Division 1 schools out of 351, and even then only for players who aren't OAD, and even then only for players who don't become better players than their draft status projects? OK.

How many NBA starters are better associated in the mind of the casual sports fan with a college team than as an NBA player? Definitely no more than 10 out of 150 starters. In fact, you could argue it's no more than 1 (JJ Redick).
    Yeah seems like a lot of special pleading. I still think it's wrong as well. As I said Kemba is associated with the Hornets, Klay with the Warriors, Draymond with the Warriors. I know that's just 3 but do we need to go through a list? Even y'all of famers are like this, Jordan = Bulls, Bird = Celtics, Magic = Lakers...