Trusted Traveler Program - Questions

MyTrusted Traveler Program is expiring this year and their web site says the renewal process can take 4 -6 months.

I did have to go in for an interview. It was to get an appointment in LA last week with no problem. The interview was very straightforward. Everyone at the office was polite and professional.

I got my new card in the mail today. About a week after the interview and maybe two weeks after I started the process.

A friend applied for the first time and also found the process to be easy.

However my wife's eye doctor failed somehow. He is of Japanese ancestry but born in the US and a citizen. His wife has a Green
    Card and passed. We can not figre out what he could have said in the interview to cause him to fail. Any ideas?

Do you know anyone who was unable to get the Trusted Traveler program and has no ideas why?

Also, if this is so easy, why does it take so long to get a passport? Or is that quicker now?

Thanks
    SoCal

Passports are much quicker now.

Global Entry or TSA Precheck?

I got my passport in 2 weeks - application submitted at the the post office to passport in my mailbox.

I have it on my calendar to submit my global entry application tonight. I hope it doesn't take 2-4 months for me.

My Guess

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I got my passport in 2 weeks - application submitted at the the post office to passport in my mailbox.

I have it on my calendar to submit my global entry application tonight. I hope it doesn't take 2-4 months for me.
    The hard part is scheduling the interview. Took me one week after the interview.

SoCal

Global Entry

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Global Entry or TSA Precheck?
    What I got and what the eye doc applied for and was denied.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    MyTrusted Traveler Program is expiring this year and their web site says the renewal process can take 4 -6 months.

I did have to go in for an interview. It was to get an appointment in LA last week with no problem. The interview was very straightforward. Everyone at the office was polite and professional.

I got my new card in the mail today. About a week after the interview and maybe two weeks after I started the process.

A friend applied for the first time and also found the process to be easy.

However my wife's eye doctor failed somehow. He is of Japanese ancestry but born in the US and a citizen. His wife has a Green
    Card and passed. We can not figre out what he could have said in the interview to cause him to fail. Any ideas?

Do you know anyone who was unable to get the Trusted Traveler program and has no ideas why?

Also, if this is so easy, why does it take so long to get a passport? Or is that quicker now?

Thanks
    SoCal
    Did he try googling his name? He might share it with someone else. I only suggest that because I had a customer who shared a name with someone on the terrorist watchlist. He always had to go to the airport three hours earlier because it was always a problem. I haven't spoken to him for awhile so I don't know if he still has that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Did he try googling his name? He might share it with someone else. I only suggest that because I had a customer who shared a name with someone on the terrorist watchlist. He always had to go to the airport three hours earlier because it was always a problem. I haven't spoken to him for awhile so I don't know if he still has that problem.
    I searched and found nothing but mentions of his business.

Trusted Traveler Program Denials
    To qualify for one of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler Programs, you must voluntarily undergo a thorough background check against criminal, law enforcement, customs, immigration, agriculture, and terrorist indices to include biometric fingerprint checks, and a personal interview with a CBP officer.

In the event you are denied or revoked from the Trusted Traveler Programs, you will be provided information in writing detailing the reason for this action. If you believe the decision was based upon inaccurate or incomplete information, you may request reconsideration through the Trusted Traveler Programs website .

Reconsideration Requests and attachments to the Ombudsman should be in English and must include the following details:

Date of denial and denial reason(s) from this letter;
    Summary of information to further clarify a record or explain an incident or arrest;
    Court disposition documentation in PDF format for all arrests or convictions, even if expunged; and/or
    Other supporting documentation you feel may influence the Ombudsman’s decision. Supported formats: PDF, DOCX, DOC, PNG, JPEG, and GIF.
    Last Modified: Aug 08, 2023