View Poll Results: What will be the result of the Midterms (vote twice!!)

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOP holds the House

7 14.58%
  • Dems win the House by less than 12 seats

20 41.67%
  • Dems win the House by 12-25 seats

12 25.00%
  • Dems win the House by 25-38 seats

7 14.58%
  • Dems win the House by 38+ seats

1 2.08%
  • GOP gains 1 or more seats in the Senate (52-48 or more)

29 60.42%
  • GOP holds the same number of seats in the Senate (51-49)

7 14.58%
  • GOP loses seats but still holds the Senate (50-50 with Pence breaking tie)

7 14.58%
  • Dems win the Senate (49-51 or more)

2 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1870
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Wanna bet that a major figure for the Democratic nomination announces before the NC House seat question is resolved?
    I'll take that bet

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/u...ouncement.html

Warren tosses her hat into the ring. Fire up the 2020 Presidential election thread

I was really hoping we could make it until 2019 before we had the first formal candidate. Sadly not. I will make no comments about this announcement other than to say I do not believe this particular candidate will be the party’s nominee, much less the next president.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I was really hoping we could make it until 2019 before we had the first formal candidate. Sadly not. I will make no comments about this announcement other than to say I do not believe this particular candidate will be the party’s nominee, much less the next president.
    I was thinking maybe she had some large donors lined up...but if I recall, campaign finance limits are per election, not per year? One limit for the primary, another for the general.

Agree, nor will Bernie.

Agree, nor will Bernie.
    Also agree. I don't think that candidate could win the rust belt states. But what do I know...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Also agree. I don't think that candidate could win the rust belt states. But what do I know...
    I suspect the Dems are looking for someone youthful and exciting to get some mojo cranking in an effort to unseat the current commander in chief. I also suspect that eliminates Biden, Warren, Hillary, or Bernie.

These are just my instincts, but I see the left in need of new faces to energize the base and get people to the polls.

There is an argument to be made that he would have fared better than Hillary in the rust belt states (but possibly at the expense of other regions). His biggest problem if he made a second attempt is that he would be super old, even by DC standards (and he looks it).

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I suspect the Dems are looking for someone youthful and exciting to get some mojo cranking in an effort to unseat the current commander in chief. I also suspect that eliminates Biden, Warren, Hillary, or Bernie.

These are just my instincts, but I see the left in need of new faces to energize the base and get people to the polls.
    I think that Biden is the only one of that age set that has a chance for several reasons. And I think most Democratic insiders are praying that Hillary does not run. Other than Uncle Joe, though, I think most Democrats want a new voice (could be wrong). It will be interesting to see play itself out.

Just wish it didn't start until after we win our National Championship in early April!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

Agreed. I also think they need someone who is a little more center left.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    There is an argument to be made that he would have fared better than Hillary in the rust belt states (but possibly at the expense of other regions). His biggest problem if he made a second attempt is that he would be super old, even by DC standards (and he looks it).
    I was talking about Warren, I think you are talking about Sanders . But, yeah, I agree with you.

Agree, nor will Bernie.
    I was talking about Warren, I think you are talking about Sanders . But, yeah, I agree with you.
    Ah, it was a little unclear who "that candidate" was in your response to OPK. Fully agreed on Warren, I think we're on the same page here.

I think that Biden is the only one of that age set that has a chance for several reasons. And I think most Democratic insiders are praying that Hillary does not run. Other than Uncle Joe, though, I think most Democrats want a new voice (could be wrong). It will be interesting to see play itself out.

Just wish it didn't start until after we win our National Championship in early April!
    Biden's age could be a factor, but I could see him as a favorite should he decide to run. I think the biggest thing he may have going on for him is Obama era nostalgia. I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing, but as others have mentioned, the Dems need fresh new faces. I have no idea who that person could be.

Biden's age could be a factor, but I could see him as a favorite should he decide to run. I think the biggest thing he may have going on for him is Obama era nostalgia. I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing, but as others have mentioned, the Dems need fresh new faces. I have no idea who that person could be.
    His biggest problem will be drumming up enthusiasm. He would get plenty of support, but most of it would be tepid.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    His biggest problem will be drumming up enthusiasm. He would get plenty of support, but most of it would be tepid.
    Maybe. But I think he can stand up to and fight Trump. Not sure everyone who is going to throw their name in the ring can say the same.

Biden-Beto would be an interesting ticket. Kinda like GHWBush-Quayle, with more buzz on the undercard.

I was really hoping we could make it until 2019 before we had the first formal candidate. Sadly not...
    Way too late for that! Delaney's been at it a while...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Way too late for that! Delaney's been at it a while...

-jk
    Not sure how they are going to do debates in Iowa with more than 20 announced candidates by the fall. Not really kidding, either.

Perhaps the more interesting question (to me, at least) is who jumps into the Republican race. I am sure that there will be at least one challenger to the incumbent, perhaps more -- although dividing the opposition makes an uphill run even more uphill-y.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    We've had a formal candidate for nearly 2 years already. Trump filed for re-election on January 20, 2017.

New Thread?

Mods - Time to start a Election 2020 thread for the recent posts and leave this one for any 2018 lingering issues?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Mods - Time to start a Election 2020 thread for the recent posts and leave this one for any 2018 lingering issues?
    As much as I hate starting a 2020 thread this early, I have to agree. Like it or not, there will be news.

Mark Harris addressed Mecklenburg County Republicans at the Charlotte Mecklenburg Government Center on Monday night. When a reporter attempted to ask him some questions on camera afterwards, he hurried away, ducked into a fire escape, set off the fire alarm, sprinted across the street and through a parking lot, got in his car, and took off. When the reporter posted the video to Twitter, Harris responded: "Hey man, Sorry I missed you guys tonight. I had to get to the kickoff of the #NationalChampionship game. We’ll have plenty to talk about in the days ahead.#GoTigers"

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/as...exit/900784100