View Poll Results: What will be the result of the Midterms (vote twice!!)

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOP holds the House

7 14.58%
  • Dems win the House by less than 12 seats

20 41.67%
  • Dems win the House by 12-25 seats

12 25.00%
  • Dems win the House by 25-38 seats

7 14.58%
  • Dems win the House by 38+ seats

1 2.08%
  • GOP gains 1 or more seats in the Senate (52-48 or more)

29 60.42%
  • GOP holds the same number of seats in the Senate (51-49)

7 14.58%
  • GOP loses seats but still holds the Senate (50-50 with Pence breaking tie)

7 14.58%
  • Dems win the Senate (49-51 or more)

2 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1870
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post

Mark Harris addressed Mecklenburg County Republicans at the Charlotte Mecklenburg Government Center on Monday night. When a reporter attempted to ask him some questions on camera afterwards, he hurried away, ducked into a fire escape, set off the fire alarm, sprinted across the street and through a parking lot, got in his car, and took off. When the reporter posted the video to Twitter, Harris responded: "Hey man, Sorry I missed you guys tonight. I had to get to the kickoff of the #NationalChampionship game. We’ll have plenty to talk about in the days ahead.#GoTigers"

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/as...exit/900784100
    When I first read your description of what Harris did I assumed it was an embellished description of a politician stonewalling the press after a meeting/press conference.

However, when reading the linked story and looking at the videos from Twitter your words actually don't do justice to the total absurdity of the situation.

Harris' Twitter response is beyond belief. After that total fiasco, why respond at all? Let alone with that. Trying to score points with Clemson fans, I guess?
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post

Mark Harris addressed Mecklenburg County Republicans at the Charlotte Mecklenburg Government Center on Monday night. When a reporter attempted to ask him some questions on camera afterwards, he hurried away, ducked into a fire escape, set off the fire alarm, sprinted across the street and through a parking lot, got in his car, and took off. When the reporter posted the video to Twitter, Harris responded: "Hey man, Sorry I missed you guys tonight. I had to get to the kickoff of the #NationalChampionship game. We’ll have plenty to talk about in the days ahead.#GoTigers"

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/as...exit/900784100
    Not a manager worthy sprint, though.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Elections board may finish 9th District investigation in a few weeks, new chairman says

The investigation into North Carolina’s alleged election fraud moved closer to a possible February resolution when Gov. Roy Cooper Thursday named a new state elections board to oversee the probe of the last undecided congressional race in the nation.
    I still don't see a fair resolution that doesn't include a re-vote. 3 months later and this is still a mess. And why have no criminal charges been filed yet?

Don’t want to start a new thread so this seems like the most appropriate place to note that 2000 Duke alum and current Virginia Lt. Gov Justin Fairfax will become governor in the likely event Ralph Northam (elected in 2017) resigns. Fairfax is only the second African-American elected to statewide office in Virginia.

This article has pics of his kids in Duke gear and a video of the family celebrating Cam’s 3 to beat FSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Elections board may finish 9th District investigation in a few weeks, new chairman says

I still don't see a fair resolution that doesn't include a re-vote. 3 months later and this is still a mess. And why have no criminal charges been filed yet?
    Perhaps because no criminal laws have been broken? (I haven't followed closely on this one).

I think even with a re-vote, there will be no fair resolution.

1) Do you keep the same two candidates in which one is now branded with the "Carolina Way"? In which case it probably isn't fair to Republicans.

2) Do you have a new primary to give the Republicans a chance to pick a new candidate? In which case it probably isn't fair to Democrats.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Perhaps because no criminal laws have been broken? (I haven't followed closely on this one).

I think even with a re-vote, there will be no fair resolution.

1) Do you keep the same two candidates in which one is now branded with the "Carolina Way"? In which case it probably isn't fair to Republicans.

2) Do you have a new primary to give the Republicans a chance to pick a new candidate? In which case it probably isn't fair to Democrats.
    I believe laws were definitely broken, and that Dallas outta be packing a toothbrush soon. That being said, I don't think there was enough time for the past board to do much, which is why everything has been in limbo.
    I'm not sure why waiting on a new board would affect a criminal investigation though. I have no idea where that stands and if one has been/is ongoing.
    I do know that until the new board gets to work, the folks in the 9th district don't have a representative in the House, and they can't be too happy about that.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Don’t want to start a new thread so this seems like the most appropriate place to note that 2000 Duke alum and current Virginia Lt. Gov Justin Fairfax will become governor in the likely event Ralph Northam (elected in 2017) resigns. Fairfax is only the second African-American elected to statewide office in Virginia.

This article has pics of his kids in Duke gear and a video of the family celebrating Cam’s 3 to beat FSU.
    So... Northram now says it wasn't him in the photo. Seems like that might be your **first** statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    So... Northram now says it wasn't him in the photo. Seems like that might be your **first** statement?
    Most bizarre reversal ever. "It was me, and I'm sorry for that, but now it's not me and I'm not resigning."

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It's not me, but I chose it for my yearbook page? Who does that?

or....I thought it was me because I had my own hood and shoe polish can, but that particular picture wasn't me.

Too bizarre!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    It's not me, but I chose it for my yearbook page? Who does that?

or...I thought it was me because I had my own hood and shoe polish can, but that particular picture wasn't me.

Too bizarre!
    Well, now he says he did "darken" his skin for a dance contest once...

This is almost as bizarre as the SC governor who disappeared and claimed to be hiking the AT instead of in South America visiting his mistress.

Yeah, its hard to get your mind around this one.

1. Northam admits it was him and apologizes.
    2. The next day he denies it was him and points out that people typically remember when they do something as outrageous as wear blackface.
    3. As evidence, Northam offers that he has vivid memories of the time he dressed in blackface as Michael Jackson in a dance contest.
    4. In response to a question about the dance contest he somehow thought it was relevant to mention he won.
    5. In the same press conference he points out that he has black friends.

Could that press conference have been a bigger train wreck?

Among the people calling for Northam to resign: the Virginia Legislative Black Caucus, the Congressional Black Caucus, the NAACP, the DNC, Former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, MoveOn, Kamala Harris, The Richmond Times Dispatch, and many many others. His resignation is now a question of when, not if.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Yeah, its hard to get your mind around this one.

1. Northam admits it was him and apologizes.
    2. The next day he denies it was him and points out that people typically remember when they do something as outrageous as wear blackface.
    3. As evidence, Northam offers that he has vivid memories of the time he dressed in blackface as Michael Jackson in a dance contest.
    4. In response to a question about the dance contest he somehow thought it was relevant to mention he won.
    5. In the same press conference he points out that he has black friends.

Could that press conference have been a bigger train wreck?

Among the people calling for Northam to resign: the Virginia Legislative Black Caucus, the Congressional Black Caucus, the NAACP, the DNC, Former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, MoveOn, Kamala Harris, The Richmond Times Dispatch, and many many others. His resignation is now a question of when, not if.
    Yep. No political clout from here on out. He is nothing but a paperweight on the governor's office desk.

PS...that photo ain't a selfie. There were more than 2 people in that room. Possibly more than one camera. At times like this, folks like to start remembering events they were party too. I bet if he doesn't resign, we'll hear from one of those folks.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 02-02-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Yep. No political clout from here on out. He is nothing but a paperweight on the governor's office desk.

PS...that photo ain't a selfie. There were more than 2 people in that room. Possibly more than one camera. At times like this, folks like to start remembering events they were party too. I bet if he doesn't resign, we'll hear from one of those folks.
    But, but, but....facial recognition!

Wow, when it gets to that point, it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    that photo ain't a selfie. There were more than 2 people in that room. Possibly more than one camera. At times like this, folks like to start remembering events they were party too. I bet if he doesn't resign, we'll hear from one of those folks.
    Who wants to be the guy who comes forward and says, "I was the guy in the KKK hood and my friend Ralph was in blackface." Heck, who wants to admit they were the person who took the photo? Your reputation as a decent human being is shot. Ain't no one coming forward.

Not that it matters. Northam is toast. If his story had been consistent from the start, "That is not me. I never saw the yearbook page. I did not select the pictures for it. None of this represents who I was then and certainly not who I have been for the past 30 years," he might have a chance to survive. But now, he's done.

Northam's VMI yearbook says his nickname was 'coonman'... Are you kidding me?!?! How did this never come up in oppo research?

-Jason "The fact that he is governor is electoral malpractice on the part of his past opponents" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

-Jason "The fact that he is governor is electoral malpractice on the part of his past opponents" Evans
    Trump tweeted this very thing. Hard to disagree.

I really can’t believe he hasn’t resigned already. Jig is up, dude.

It's time for Justin Fairfax--Duke'00--to become governor.

Fairfax is a huge Duke basketball fan, and served as a Young Trustee.

His wife, Cerina, is also a Duke graduate.

Who wants to be the guy who comes forward and says, "I was the guy in the KKK hood and my friend Ralph was in blackface." Heck, who wants to admit they were the person who took the photo? Your reputation as a decent human being is shot. Ain't no one coming forward.
    Not at all what I was saying. I am saying I will not be surprised when someone comes forward and says "I was there in the room, and that was him".

Not that it matters. Northam is toast. If his story had been consistent from the start, "That is not me. I never saw the yearbook page. I did not select the pictures for it. None of this represents who I was then and certainly not who I have been for the past 30 years," he might have a chance to survive. But now, he's done.

Northam's VMI yearbook says his nickname was 'coonman'... Are you kidding me?!?! How did this never come up in oppo research?

When I looked at the picture, I had an immediate assessment that I haven't seen elsewhere. It is a couple at a masquerade ball -- a petite woman in KKK dress and a man in blackface -- attempting to be funny because of the juxtaposition. This would have been unacceptable at my HS in the 1950's in South Carolina and, without question, at Duke in the 1960's. How did this happen in the 1980's anywhere in the USA?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    When I looked at the picture, I had an immediate assessment that I haven't seen elsewhere. It is a couple at a masquerade ball -- a petite woman in KKK dress and a man in blackface -- attempting to be funny because of the juxtaposition. This would have been unacceptable at my HS in the 1950's in South Carolina and, without question, at Duke in the 1960's. How did this happen in the 1980's anywhere in the USA?
    And . . . WHO CHOOSES THAT AS YOUR YEARBOOK PHOTO REGARDLESS?!?

I gotta believe he is gone by the end of the day, but I said that on Friday too.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And . . . WHO CHOOSES THAT AS YOUR YEARBOOK PHOTO REGARDLESS?!?

I gotta believe he is gone by the end of the day, but I said that on Friday too.
    There seems to be some indication that the med school students did not choose the pictures on the pages, that some of the pictures were selected by the yearbook editors and placed on those pages, generally because the picture showed the student but sometimes for seemingly random reasons. Still, Northam's reaction to all this has been so wishy-washy and confused that he appears to be dead man walking.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?