View Poll Results: What will be the result of the Midterms (vote twice!!)

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOP holds the House

7 14.58%
  • Dems win the House by less than 12 seats

20 41.67%
  • Dems win the House by 12-25 seats

12 25.00%
  • Dems win the House by 25-38 seats

7 14.58%
  • Dems win the House by 38+ seats

1 2.08%
  • GOP gains 1 or more seats in the Senate (52-48 or more)

29 60.42%
  • GOP holds the same number of seats in the Senate (51-49)

7 14.58%
  • GOP loses seats but still holds the Senate (50-50 with Pence breaking tie)

7 14.58%
  • Dems win the Senate (49-51 or more)

2 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1870
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I missed the drama of yesterday due to traveling to Durham for a certain sporting event, so it was crazy this morning waking up and seeing the N&O with a pic of Mark Harris in literal tears. He was listening to the testimony of his son, which sealed the deal for pops. His kid testified that he had told him countless times that Dowless was shady, and had turned over emails proving that he had.
    Long story short, Harris Jr testified that Harris Sr knew exactly what he was asking for when Dowless was hired.
    The question is whether Harris will run for the seat again. He has supposedly had health problems (he says he has had strokes and his memory of some of these events is fuzzy) and he was clearly tarnished in a major way even before his son threw him under the bus (deservedly, it appears). I know the GOP really wants someone else to run as they know Harris is a flawed candidate.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Trying real hard to regulate emotions in this case, but it is clear that fraud was committed on a gross scale. It is also becoming obvious that fraud goes to the top.
    Want a really good excuse for your malfeasance? Strokes. Go with strokes. And it is even possible he suffered one or two, but this is coming from a guy that just days ago was saying the election should be certified and he should be seated.
    Now he is (rightfully) calling for a new election.
    "Mark Harris, who was in the hospital in recent weeks with what he has previously described as a serious infection, said Thursday that he'd also had two strokes in recent weeks.
    "Though I thought I was ready to undergo the rigors of this hearing and am getting strong, I am clearly not, and I struggled this morning with both recall and confusion," he told the board in a prepared statement."
    https://www.wral.com/after-harris-ad...rict/18208305/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I know the GOP really wants someone else to run as they know Harris will lose.
    fixed that for you.

I think the correct place for Harris to serve a term is jail. The stroke defense is just about the worst I've heard. If that were the case he should have pulled his name out of the hat as soon as they happened and/or his condition made clear...not on the eve of when criminal charges might be brought against him.

People like Harris are what's wrong with our political system today. I feel bad that his family felt the need to throw him under the bus, but my guess is they realized it was either him or them. I can't imagine that's easy testifying against your farther, in particular when you warned him time and time and time again.

Best outcome in my opinion is a new primary + general...or even better a wide open instant runoff general (save us all some money and time).

Former NC Governor Pat McCrory has been highly touted as potentially running for the GOP nomination in the new 9th district race. But today he said he won't run for the seat with the most honest political statement I have heard in a long time:

"My fire in the belly is for teaching, being a radio host, and keeping the option open for running for Governor or US Senate, " McCrory said.
    I do admire Mr. McCrory telling the truth... a Congressional seat is beneath his ambitions.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Harris officially out. As Gomer (famous fictional North Carolinian) would say "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ain/ar-BBU7rym

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Harris officially out. As Gomer would say "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise".

I don't think there is any way he could have run regardless, but the odds dropped to zero once he said he was having mental difficulties after suffering multiple strokes (which, assuming it is true, is tough and I wish the best for his family despite the shady election practices).

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Harris officially out. As Gomer (famous fictional North Carolinian) would say "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise".

I got my election threads confused for a second and thought you were referring to Kamala Harris, which would have been a much bigger surprise!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    You thought the Democrats had a lot of candidates in the Presidential election? HA! Early voting has begun in NC's special election for the third district.

Voters will have a chance to vote for one of 26 candidates vying to fill the 3rd District seat formerly held by the late Congressman Walter B. Jones.

Candidates from four different political parties are in the running, including 17 Republicans, six Democrats, two Libertarians and one Constitution Party candidate.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

NC 9th District voters will be selecting the GOP challenger to Dan McCready today. There are 10 candidates. (McCready is running unopposed and was the runner up in the general election before the voter fraud was figured out.)

https://www.witn.com/content/news/Pr...509891221.html

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    NC 9th District voters will be selecting the GOP challenger to Dan McCready today. There are 10 candidates. (McCready is running unopposed and was the runner up in the general election before the voter fraud was figured out.)

https://www.witn.com/content/news/Pr...509891221.html
    The primary was won by state senator Dan Bishop. He's the guy that sponsored the so-called "Bathroom Bill" that cost NC millions of dollars in lost revenue due to various boycotts. He will face Dan McCready Sep 10th in a general election.