The "Paul Is Dead" rumor revisited.

In September 1969, two American college students released a bombshell, saying that Beatle Paul McCartney had died in a car crash in late 1966 and replaced by a look alike. They listed a number of clues, and through the years, other "clues" have come forth.
    Here, I will attempt to list all the ones I know, but I am sure there are others. If you know any I haven't listed, feel free to list them..
    1. When the LP "Yesterday and Today" was to be released, the cover was to show the group posed in butcher smocks with bloody, decapitated baby dolls. Some of the records did get released before Capitol recalled them to do another cover.( making the "Butcher Cover" the most valuable relic of the Beatle era)
    The new cover, however, showed the Beatles around a steamer trunk. John is sitting on the trunk, George standing behind it, Ringo stands with his hand on the lid of the trunk, as if to close it, while Paul sits inside the trunk.
    2. John has a song on the LP titled, "I'm Only Sleeping", indicating Paul's not really dead, he is only asleep.
    3. On the LP "Revolver", John's song "Tomorrow Never Knows" had a working title of "The Void". Also, the LP's cover shows drawings of the Beatles. John, George and Ringo are facing forward, while Paul is depicted looking to the right.
    4. Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band is awash with supposed clues. First, the Beatles are wearing garish outdated band uniforms, Paul's has a patch that has "OPD", on it, signifying "Officially Pronounced Dead". " Or Ontario Police Department"? The cover looks like a grave site, and an image of Paul's bass done in flowers is there. There is also an image of a man holding his hand over Paul's head. Also, on the back cover, the four are standing there, but Paul is facing away from the camera, while the others face it. There are clues in the album's songs as well, such as "A Day In The Life", where it speaks of a man who "blew his mind out in a car" (Paul was to have died in an auto accident).
    5. Magical Mystery tour has a sequence where the four descend a flight of steps in a ballroom. All are wearing red carnations but Paul, who has a black one!
    At the end of "Strawberry Fields Forever" John says "I buried Paul". Or is it,as Lennon claimed, "cranberry sauce"?
    The "White Album" has a few clues. Ringo's song, "Don't Pass Me By, has the lyric, "You were in a car crash, and you lost your hair". John's "Revolution #9", a collection of tape loops, has a man repeating over and over "Number Nine, number nine". When played backward it says, "Turn me on, dead man". (actually, it sounds likes "dead Mon", lol, but it is there).
    Then there's "Abbey Road", with the group walking across the road at a crosswalk in line. John is first, dressed in white, as a deity, then Ringo dressed in a black suit as an undertaker, then Paul in a suit and barefoot, like a corpse, and out of step with the others, followed by George in jeans like a grave digger. In the background is a VW Beetle, with the tag # "28 IF". Paul would have been 28 his next birthday had he lived..
    I don't believe for a minute Paul is dead. But these "clues" are fun to chase down, even though just coincidence.
    Last edited by Devilwin; 05-06-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    In September 1969, two American college students released a bombshell, saying that Beatle Paul McCartney had died in a car crash in late 1966 and replaced by a look alike. They listed a number of clues, and through the years, other "clues" have come forth.
    Here, I will attempt to list all the ones I know, but I am sure there are others. If you know any I haven't listed, feel free to list them..
    1. When the LP "Yesterday and Today" was to be released, the cover was to show the group posed in butcher smocks with bloody, decapitated baby dolls. Some of the records did get released before Capitol recalled them to do another cover.( making the "Butcher Cover" the most valuable relic of the Beatle era)
    The new cover, however, showed the Beatles around a steamer trunk. John is sitting on the trunk, George standing behind it, Ringo stands with his hand on the lid of the trunk, as if to close it, while Paul sits inside the trunk.
    2. John has a song on the LP titled, "I'm Only Sleeping", indicating Paul's not really dead, he is only asleep.
    3. On the LP "Revolver", John's song "Tomorrow Never Knows" had a working title of "The Void". Also, the LP's cover shows drawings of the Beatles. John, George and Ringo are facing forward, while Paul is depicted looking to the right.
    4. Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band is awash with supposed clues. First, the Beatles are wearing garish outdated band uniforms, Paul's has a patch that has "OPD", on it, signifying "Officially Pronounced Dead". " Or Ontario Police Department"? The cover looks like a grave site, and an image of Paul's bass done in flowers is there. There is also an image of a man holding his hand over Paul's head. Also, on the back cover, the four are standing there, but Paul is facing away from the camera, while the others face it. There are clues in the album's songs as well, such as "A Day In The Life", where it speaks of a man who "blew his mind out in a car" (Paul was to have died in an auto accident).
    5. Magical Mystery tour has a sequence where the four descend a flight of steps in a ballroom. All are wearing red carnations but Paul, who has a black one!
    At the end of "Strawberry Fields Forever" John says "I buried Paul". Or is it,as Lennon claimed, "cranberry sauce"?
    The "White Album" has a few clues. Ringo's song, "Don't Pass Me By, has the lyric, "You were in a car crash, and you lost your hair". John's "Revolution #9", a collection of tape loops, has a man repeating over and over "Number Nine, number nine". When played backward it says, "Turn me on, dead man". (actually, it sounds likes "dead Mon", lol, but it is there).
    Then there's "Abbey Road", with the group walking across the road at a crosswalk in line. John is first, dressed in white, as a deity, then Ringo dressed in a black suit as an undertaker, then Paul in a suit and barefoot, like a corpse, and out of step with the others, followed by George in jeans like a grave digger. In the background is a VW Beetle, with the tag # "28 IF". Paul would have been 28 his next birthday had he lived..
    I don't believe for a minute Paul is dead. But these "clues" are fun to chase down, even though just coincidence.
    They are not coincidence. They are just having fun playing with your mind.

Paul is dead. He has been for years. He's on an island with Biggie, 2pac, and Elvis. But I heard Elvis died recently due to his age. But there are rumors he faked his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    They are not coincidence. They are just having fun playing with your mind.
    Could be..

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Paul is dead. He has been for years. He's on an island with Biggie, 2pac, and Elvis. But I heard Elvis died recently due to his age. But there are rumors he faked his death.
    Elvis is indeed alive and posting on DBR. He might even start a poll about it.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

You didn’t even mention Sgt Pepper’s line where Paul Sings “let me introduce to you, the one and only Billy Shears...”

The myth version I heard was that Billy Shears was a person who had won a Paul McCartney look-alike contest and was being used as a fill in after Paul died. Except for that 2nd marriage, Billy Boy has lived pretty good surrogate life.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    You didn’t even mention Sgt Pepper’s line where Paul Sings “let me introduce to you, the one and only Billy Shears...”

The myth version I heard was that Billy Shears was a person who had won a Paul McCartney look-alike contest and was being used as a fill in after Paul died. Except for that 2nd marriage, Billy Boy has lived pretty good surrogate life.
    Right! I forgot that, obvious as it is. There is a videotape of John and George having tea and discussing "Beatle Bill".

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Elvis is indeed alive and posting on DBR. He might even start a poll about it.
    How dare you reveal? 😡😈😎

Even Paul admits the Beatles helped plan the hoax:

http://www.beatle.net/paul-mccartney...ed-death-hoax/

Sure, it’s in the fake Paul’s interest to say so.

As for Elvis, the answers are in a great movie: https://youtu.be/pa9331xmvhg

April Fool's Day prank write up...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sure, it’s in the fake Paul’s interest to say so.

As for Elvis, the answers are in a great movie: https://youtu.be/pa9331xmvhg
    Link may be wrong, try this:

https://youtu.be/pXGP07vrab8

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    My brother is a huge collector of Beatles memorabilia and told me that, rather than recall the albums, the record company pasted new cover "stickers" onto the existing cover. So many people removed the sticker to show the famous Butcher Cover that now the album with the sticker still on and in good condition (with the Butcher Cover underneath, now known as a "Second State Butcher Cover") is now becoming the more rare and most valued relic. Rolling Stone provides a historical account here -- https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...cover-20160620. Not to mention websites such http://www.thebutchercover.com/.
    Last edited by Rich; 05-06-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

That's true. Friend of mine got a Butcher Cover at a yard sale in Clemmons a few years ago. Paid 5 dollars. It's worth thousands! But they did recall them, and posted the new cover over them. My friend's copy is a first state edition. Purchased day of release. They were recalled from shops the next day!

They should have chosen John to “die”. At two years older than Paul they could have started leaving the clues in 1967 and played into the forever 27 club myth. Except the Forever 27 club probably wasn’t a thing yet in 1967.

He remains alive as our substitute/part-time nurse was in London for the last 7D visiting her family and saw him and his family walk by her family's dinner table after he had received the Queen's Companion award that AM and was bedecked in formal attire with a large medal and ribbon around his neck. He was wearing shoes.

Elvis was not sighted during her visit .