Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    He just wanted some scouts to tell him what he needs to work on. He wasn't even invited to the combine.

By the way, much as it pains me to say so, but Maye will be preseason ACC POY and a pre-season first-team All-American. In fact, I'm trying to think who would be ahead of him for national POY in the pre-season. No one comes to mind. Maybe Kyle Guy or Purdue's Carson Edwards.

-Jason "As an aside, Theo Pinson wasn't invited to the combine either, and I think that is a shame. I just have a feeling that guy can find ways to contribute as a pro" Evans
    Is this for real? If Luke Maye is pre-season NCAA POY, then I'm a monkey's uncle. Off the top of my head, I'd guess RJ Barrett would be ahead of Maye on that (meaningless) list of likely candidates. Please note, the media members anointing that "award" don't really base it on past college performance, but rather who they think will be the actual national POY. Black Pigeon & Okafor both won the honor as incoming freshmen.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Is this for real? If Luke Maye is pre-season NCAA POY, then I'm a monkey's uncle. Off the top of my head, I'd guess RJ Barrett would be ahead of Maye on that (meaningless) list of likely candidates. Please note, the media members anointing that "award" don't really base it on past college performance, but rather who they think will be the actual national POY. Black Pigeon & Okafor both won the honor as incoming freshmen.
    Would you care to wager a pie on Luke Maye getting more preseason All-American votes and/or preseason POY votes than RJ Barrett?

-Jason "I'm not even sure the votes are released for those things" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Would you care to wager a pie on Luke Maye getting more preseason All-American votes and/or preseason POY votes than RJ Barrett?

-Jason "I'm not even sure the votes are released for those things" Evans
    I'm also a bit skeptical that vote counts are released for pre-POY, but I'd jump in on that bet. I'm more partial to beer than pie, but pie seems to be the currency du jour, so I'm game.

WRT pre-season All-America, I suspect that RJ and Luke will get a similar number of votes, although again, I think RJ will end up ahead. I don't feel as strongly about Luke Maye absolutely, positively NOT being voted pre-season All-America as I do pre-POY, so I'll abstain from that bet.

You're on.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    note to Pinson: etiquette says if you have to ask for an invite, you really aren't invited. Stay home and crack a book if you can find one, any book, coloring book acceptable.
    Why would you expect him to have any books at home? They aren’t necessary at the place he plays basketball.
    Last edited by NSDukeFan; 05-24-2018 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I'm also a bit skeptical that vote counts are released for pre-POY, but I'd jump in on that bet. I'm more partial to beer than pie, but pie seems to be the currency du jour, so I'm game.

WRT pre-season All-America, I suspect that RJ and Luke will get a similar number of votes, although again, I think RJ will end up ahead. I don't feel as strongly about Luke Maye absolutely, positively NOT being voted pre-season All-America as I do pre-POY, so I'll abstain from that bet.

You're on.
    So, I looked and I cannot find an AP Preseason Player of the Year. The Preseason All-American team does record votes In 2017, Miles Bridges led the way with 61 votes, beating out Bonzi Colson's 47. Alonzo Trier (39), Jalen Brunson (33), and Michael Porter (30) rounded out the first team. Grayson (20) and Marvin (3) were among others getting votes.

Shall we wager on the All-American team? It appears POY is not an option.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Luke Maye is a stone cold lock for preseason All American. The media is going to fawn over him all season - a white, unathletic, undersized, unheralded player out of high school who has developed into one of the country’s top players. I still remember when his high school mixtape was released and it contained numerous uncontested defensive rebounds and an extended montage of him tying his shoes. It was literally the worst mixtape I had ever seen or could even imagine. Yet here he is.

Unfortunately the CHeats are going to be good again next year. Woods/Williams/Little/Johnson/Maye is a solid starting 5, White will likely take over at point and then they have Robinson and Manley coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Luke Maye is a stone cold lock for preseason All American. The media is going to fawn over him all season - a white, unathletic, undersized, unheralded player out of high school who has developed into one of the country’s top players. I still remember when his high school mixtape was released and it contained numerous uncontested defensive rebounds and an extended montage of him tying his shoes. It was literally the worst mixtape I had ever seen or could even imagine. Yet here he is.
    Shhhhhhhh... I'm trying to win pie here!!

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    a white, unathletic, undersized, unheralded player out of high school who has developed into one of the country’s top players
    Luke Maye was a 4* top 100 player with offers from ND and Gonzaga. Can we please dispense with the fiction that he was "the suck" in high school?

Biggest problem was he's a UNC legacy recruit (his father played QB for the cheaters in the 80s) and UNC landed him even though he was only offered a spot as a preferred walk-on.

When you are so brainwashed by the powder blue, that you walk-onto a school in the midst of the biggest scandal in NCAA history instead of taking a scholarship offer from ND...*boggle*...and of course he's going to stay four years because he loves the college experience at UNC.

where is the puke icon?

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Luke Maye was a 4* top 100 player with offers from ND and Gonzaga. Can we please dispense with the fiction that he was "the suck" in high school?

Biggest problem was he's a UNC legacy recruit (his father played QB for the cheaters in the 80s) and UNC landed him even though he was only offered a spot as a preferred walk-on.

When you are so brainwashed by the powder blue, that you walk-onto a school in the midst of the biggest scandal in NCAA history instead of taking a scholarship offer from ND...*boggle*...and of course he's going to stay four years because he loves the college experience at UNC.

where is the puke icon?
    This work for ya?

front.gif
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Lot going on today as it's the final day to withdraw from the draft:

Happy Teams

BC: Bowman staying
    Clemson: Reed and Mitchell staying

Sad (former ACC) team

Terps: Huerter leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    Lot going on today as it's the final day to withdraw from the draft:

Sad (former ACC) team

Terps: Huerter leaving
    Who? Well...good luck with that decision. I'm sure there is more money in leaving than staying, but will anyone really care after a few years?

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Who? Well...good luck with that decision. I'm sure there is more money in leaving than staying, but will anyone really care after a few years?
    I don’t miss Meh-ryland.