Page 83 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2439
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I remember Coach K setting Hurley down to watch videos of his pouting, whining and general attitude more than his playing.

But, yes. Kyrie was better as a freshman, although it was a smaller sample size for Kyrie. 🤬
    Although not, I believe, his freshman year. And it was his appearance, not necessarily his inner attitude. "This is what you look like out there."
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Although not, I believe, his freshman year. And it was his appearance, not necessarily his inner attitude. "This is what you look like out there."
    Hurley whined more his freshman year than half the dean dome, and it was all his facial expressions on tv. The coaches showed him a composite video of his actions and that pretty much cured him! Brilliant tactic.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Hurley was a truly great college point guard in 1991, 1992 and 1993. But as a freshman in 1990 he shot 35 percent from the field and established a still-standing ACC record with 166 turnovers.

My recollection of freshman Bobby was that he threw the most errant passes, … and I don't mean the greatest quantity of errant passes.

I believe he knocked out at least one cheerleader and a few unwary spectators with "misguided" missiles.

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Back to the relevant topic at hand, as mentioned in the 2021 thread Duke has offered Charles Bediako, a top 30ish prospect in 2021 but a strong re-class candidate.
    Kind of curious why we would want a 4-star power forward to reclassify when we already have Coleman and Brakefield coming in, not to mention Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Kind of curious why we would want a 4-star power forward to reclassify when we already have Coleman and Brakefield coming in, not to mention Johnson.
    We need another center. Mark Williams is the only recruited player on the current 2020-21 roster taller than 6'8".

Bediako is a 6'11" Canadian center with long arms, very different player than Brakefield (6'8") or Coleman (6'6"). The depth certainly wouldn't hurt, and he's supposedly developing very quickly.

This is a guess, but I don't think Coach K would offer him right now unless he believes that Bediako may turn out to be a much better player than his current ranking would indicate.
    Last edited by kAzE; 12-11-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Any word from Hunter Dickinson?

I believe I'm right that when Mark Williams signed he said he's going to now help recruit Hunter Dickinson.

I loved hearing that attitude.

Even he recognizes that we need another big guy to push Williams in practice and give us another option on the interior taller than 6'8".

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnstormer View Post
    Any word from Hunter Dickinson?
    According to my go-to Michigan fansite, mgoblog.com, Dickinson could be deciding soon. The scuttlebutt is Michigan and Florida State are his top two, but he's been very quiet about his recruiting so it could still be anyone's game.

Top-40 center Hunter Dickinson is still very much a priority for the Wolverine staff. Originally expected to commit in November but hold off on putting pen to paper, the DeMatha Catholic senior now appears ready to pull the trigger in the near future via his quotes to Corey Evans.

“The reason why I didn’t sign early is because, if I did sign, it would have been a rush. I think giving it another few weeks was really beneficial for me and now I feel like I am pretty close to a decision,” Dickinson said before plotting a timetable for his commitment. “I am hoping within the month.”

One can’t help but to see Dickinson’s response concerning Michigan in that piece as favorable. My sources tell me this is still a Michigan/Florida State battle and the Wolverines are on solid ground. The Crystal Ball and Future Forecast still heavily favor Michigan for what its worth.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    According to my go-to Michigan fansite, mgoblog.com, Dickinson could be deciding soon. The scuttlebutt is Michigan and Florida State are his top two, but he's been very quiet about his recruiting so it could still be anyone's game.
    Could this be one of those times where the "close-to-the-vest" recruitment ends up breaking in our favor, surprisingly?

- Chillin

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Could this be one of those times where the "close-to-the-vest" recruitment ends up breaking in our favor, surprisingly?

- Chillin
    Like with Zion?

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post

- Chillin
    It wouldn’t shock me. Honestly, the way Duke is using Vernon and Michigan (and Juwan Howard) is using Jon Teske, both places have to look pretty damn enticing for a throw-back, back to the basket big.

My feeling is the longer Dickinson takes to commit, the more likely K is swooping in.

Hunter Dickinson and DeMatha played on ESPNU last night. During the telecast, the announcers noted that Dickinson will make his college choice next week. Adam Zagoria has the story as well as some quotes from the young man. Zagoria texted with Dickinson after the game and confirmed that he does indeed plan on committing next week.

Not an impressive performance by Dickinson, but Montverde is astoundingly deep this year. If they can share minutes effectively it could be another championship for Kevin Boyle.

I don’t think this has been mentioned yet, according to Twitter Dickinson is announcing next week. Michigan, Duke, Notre Dame, and FSU are the four on his list (in no particular order).

I don’t think this has been mentioned yet, according to Twitter Dickinson is announcing next week. Michigan, Duke, Notre Dame, and FSU are the four on his list (in no particular order).
    It had been. Two posts prior.

Nanny-nanny-boo-boo!

(Sorry, I'm in a mood today. I'll be going now. Bartender!)
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Quote Originally Posted by BuschDevil View Post
    It had been. Two posts prior.

Nanny-nanny-boo-boo!

(Sorry, I'm in a mood today. I'll be going now. Bartender!)
    Do you moonlight as a lawyer for unc by any chance?

Does he want to play football 🏈 in college, too?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BuschDevil View Post
    No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Did you get a free rental car from a guy named "Fats?"

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    My recollection of freshman Bobby was that he threw the most errant passes, … and I don't mean the greatest quantity of errant passes.

I believe he knocked out at least one cheerleader and a few unwary spectators with "misguided" missiles.
    Calvin “Nuke” LaLoosh!