Page 62 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2439
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    MWilliams is a lock for Stanford. The crystal ball has stanford's chances at 12%. He's a lock because the same crystal ball as Jeremy Roach at 17% for Duke and Walker Kessler at 18% for unc.
    247 Crystal Ball be like...

c4f5920502a05532d77a838637832e61_you-would-shake-the-8-ball-and-turn-it-over-to-reveal-your-ans.jpeg
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by frb View Post
    CB for Ziaire Williams to USC from Andrew Slater (41 for 44 accuracy).
    Someone wanna let Ziarie know he can't get legally paid by the state of California until 2022? Until then, best to avoid that state for basketball.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Agree with this, Silver was talking but that’s about it. I suspect he found an early change would be difficult and quietly backed away.
    Also keep in mind that NBA teams will want plenty of notice before such a rule change takes place, because they will line up their player contracts and accumulate draft picks around the "double draft" whenever it happens. I had heard rumors over the summer that teams were overvaluing draft picks in the 2022 draft when negotiating trades, and also signing players to shorter-term deals in order to align things such that they would have maximum flexibility to take advantage of a 2022 double draft. But that has cooled since then. I imagine the owners would be upset if they all of a sudden found out today that there would in fact be a double draft in 2022 or 2023 and the weren't able to prepare.

Great to see two new offers going out to top 40 players Dickinson and Brakefield.

I for one don't mind the idea of going into next season with only one sure-fire OAD (Johnson), 2-3 McDonald's AAs (Johnson, Roach, Steward?), and a deep class of 3-4 year players (Coleman, Williams, Dickinson, Brakefield). We may only be a top 10 or top 15 team entering the season - a lot will depend on who returns from this year - but we would be set up very nicely for strong experienced teams moving forward.

Of course we've got to land these three guys with Williams filling the greatest need of the class - an athletic big who can rebound and defend.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Evan Daniels with a surprise pick for us for a 4* recruit:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/
    Evan Daniels is 100% correct on all of his Duke picks...ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Evan Daniels is 100% correct on all of his Duke picks...ever.

That is true, but it does not record times he picked Duke (or other schools) but than changed his mind later and picked some other school. If today was decision day for a kid Daniels was tracking then I would feel really good, but there is probably plenty of time for things to change before Brakefield makes up his mind.

-Jason "Daniels is not the only Duke pick for Brakefield today... 8 other folks registered picks on the kid in the past 24 hours... every one of them for Duke" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Anyone know why we quit recruiting Isaiah Todd? He seems to be in our backyard and a great player.

Jaemyn Brakefield has committed to Duke!!!
    https://twitter.com/Jaemyn1/status/1180210498408783872
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

2020 is turning out in an EPIC way. Great hits.

next up:
    Mark Williams,
    +1 of Cade Cunningham / Zaire Williams.

Then the super restock class is done.

Jalen Johnson 5*
    Cade Cunningham / Zaire Williams 5*
    DJ Steward 5*
    Jeremy Roach 5*
    Jaemyn Brakefield 4/5*
    Mark Williams 4*
    Henry Coleman 4*

is not the most top heavy but definitely the deepest class we've ever had.

next up:
    Mark Williams,
    Or, perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Or, perhaps...
    Considering we have'll have 4 PFs on the roster in...

Johnson
    Coleman
    Brakesfield
    Baker

My wish is that multiple of these guys develop a range to move to the 3, or size to move to the 5.

Considering we have'll have 4 PFs on the roster in...

Johnson
    Coleman
    Brakesfield
    Baker

My wish is that multiple of these guys develop a range to move to the 3, or size to move to the 5.
    I don't know if I'd call any of them power forwards right now. None of those guys is taller than 6'8", and Kuminga/Johnson/Baker/Brakefield are more like big wings than true interior players (though Coach K has often played a big wing at the 4). Coleman's game is probably the closest to that of a 4, but he's only 6'6" . . .

Hopefully they all grow an inch or two in the next calendar year, but right now, none of those guys is a legit center in D-1 basketball.

We need some BIG men. Come on, Mark Williams!!
    Last edited by kAzE; 10-04-2019 at 05:00 PM.

That escalated quickly!

This has to be the kind of class that many on this board and, I assume, other Duke fans have been hoping would materialize for years. It's filled with guys outside of the Top 10 and most likely multi-year guys. Jalen Johnson is the only sure-fire one-and-done.

It's possible Jeremy Roach could be of that caliber if he regains his pre-injury form and progresses as a shooter. But I expect he's more likely to be a multi-year player unless he displays blazing speed. There are so few point guards that have succeeded in the NBA in the last decade without a jumper.

Steward is under-sized and sort of a tweener as a point or shooting guard.

Brakefield has good upside but is ranked in the range that suggests he will be on campus for a few years at least.

Coleman is most definitely a 3- or 4- year player as an undersized 4 or non-shooting 3.

Mark Williams, if we are lucky enough to land him, is a raw offensive prospect with great upside as a rim protector/rim-runner.

Hunter Dickinson, if we are luck enough to land him, is a few years off from developing his body to be anything more than a big body in the NBA. He's a classic 4-year college center.

I always love it when a highly-talented player picks Duke, so I'm good. Is this what you wanted?

I would happily take Mark Williams over any of the OAD small forwards. We need the big guy now!

Are all of the top 50 2020 recruits in the nation coming to tobacco road?

This has got to be pissing off carwhina fans, they are having their best recruiting class since Stackhouse and Wallace, and even "stole" a recruit we wanted, and yet most recruiting services will call ours the "better" recruiting class! I feel a tear welling up!

2020 is turning out in an EPIC way. Great hits.

next up:
    Mark Williams,

Then the super restock class is done.

Jalen Johnson 5*
    Cade Cunningham / Zaire Williams 5*
    DJ Steward 5*
    Jeremy Roach 5*
    Jaemyn Brakefield 4/5*
    Mark Williams 4*
    Henry Coleman 4*

is not the most top heavy but definitely the deepest class we've ever had.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on either Cade Cunningham or Zaire Williams. Not sure Duke is actively recruiting either. Mark Williams and Dickinson and then wait for any reclasses in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    I would happily take Mark Williams over any of the OAD small forwards. We need the big guy now!
    This is starting to sound like the DBR talk around the recruitment of Tony Parker when he had Duke in his final three — with Kansas and UCLA, if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    This is starting to sound like the DBR talk around the recruitment of Tony Parker when he had Duke in his final three — with Kansas and UCLA, if memory serves.
    That thread should still be open, waiting for the end of his announcement ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    That thread should still be open, waiting for the end of his announcement ...
    Classic

8 of the top 40 of the 2020 class have already committed to Duke or unc, with 3 more targeted. Only 19 of the top 40 have committed, 8 are headed to tobacco road.