Page 55 of 122 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2439
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    As we've seen first-hand, having a team full of five-stars bring with it tremendous pressure and its share of downsides. Plenty of upside too. There's also the question of whether Roy is actually capable of coaching a team full of OAD's. We have seen no evidence that he is.

The reason I would be laughing is that I live and work among many UNC fans who have spent the past five or so years bragging about how Roy would never stoop so low as to start a team full of freshmen, how only a school that doesn't care about education would recruit OAD players, and how Duke fans care more about recruiting rankings than winning games. So I'll be laughing my butt off when they try to backtrack now that they're doing the same thing.

Totally understand. I live in NC and the hypocrisy does indeed get insufferable.

And my apologies if my initial response came across as snarky, that wasn't my intent at all. I'm just getting a bit concerned about this recruiting momentum Carolina seems to be enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    Totally understand. I live in NC and the hypocrisy does indeed get insufferable.

And my apologies if my initial response came across as snarky, that wasn't my intent at all. I'm just getting a bit concerned about this recruiting momentum Carolina seems to be enjoying.
    The hypocrisy of the situation is that UNC fans have been assuming their team has been clean this whole time. How else could Duke and Kentucky be winning recruiting battles like this except if the other blue bloods were cheating? Well how now, brown cow?

The argument I expect they will make: Now that the FBI and NCAA are applying pressure, it is a level playing field. The recruits are committing to UNC because Coach K can't pay them anymore.

The reality is and always has been about open roster spots. By having a large group of players graduate or leave in 2019, there were suddenly a lot of roster spots. That means that Roy could finally sell playing time to a large class. Instead of getting one or two McDonald's All-Americans every year, he can offer 3 or 4 of them a chance at minutes every year. This is the new reality. Once you get on the train, it doesn't slow down.

Just wanted to remind everyone that Henry Coleman will announce in about 4 hours... the 247 Crystal Ball remains 100% Duke at this point.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Just wanted to remind everyone that Henry Coleman will announce in about 4 hours... the 247 Crystal Ball remains 100% Duke at this point.
    Did this change? I read that he was announcing tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    And my apologies if my initial response came across as snarky, that wasn't my intent at all.
    No need to apologize, I didn't read your response as snarky at all. And I agree, it is sad to see UNC's recruiting failures come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Did this change? I read that he was announcing tomorrow...
    Apparently Jason is starting his weekend early

No need to apologize, I didn't read your response as snarky at all. And I agree, it is sad to see UNC's recruiting failures come to an end.
    Until Kessler and Co. fail to develop...

Perhaps he is in moonpie's time zone (only chatters will get this).

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Until Kessler and Co. fail to develop...
    The problem will be facing Kessler and the other “OAD”s for three or four years.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    The problem will be facing Kessler and the other “OAD”s for three or four years.
    They only choose to stay because they love UNC so much and are part of the “family.”

I swear I thought it was Friday... been a long week for me at CNN. Busy news week.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    You don’t have to “develop” during your freshman year. Just look at Cam Reddish. It’s almost all about that ever so elusive definition of “potential”. These days if you are perceived as having it, you’re golden, whether you improved during your freshman year or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    You don’t have to “develop” during your freshman year. Just look at Cam Reddish. It’s almost all about that ever so elusive definition of “potential”. These days if you are perceived as having it, you’re golden, whether you improved during your freshman year or not.
    Or you could be a top 3 recruit but get buried on the bench in a program that favors seniority and almost fall out of the first round.

It will be interesting to see what other C/PF recruits we go after. Even if we land Williams and Coleman, we will still need at least 1-2 more bigs. Wouldn't be surprised if we went after a lower ranked/lesser known recruit like Goldwire or White to provide depth.

Hey Jason, SNL would have a field day with this weeks events !

Now back to recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Sure, tell that to their top-5, top-10, and top-15 recruits who all stayed longer than their peers despite their abundance of potential. JMM says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Sure, tell that to their top-5, top-10, and top-15 recruits who all stayed longer than their peers despite their abundance of potential. JMM says hi.
    Nassir Little's departure for the NBA after one season of underwhelming the world suggests that paradigm might be changing.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Nice to see some info about a Duke recruit in a Duke recruiting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    That’s very old news. Things have changed a lot since 2011 when McAdoo was a freshman. In the OAD-to-NBA game the only thing relevant to today is what has transpired during the last year or two. 2011 might as well be the 1950’s.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Nice to see some info about a Duke recruit in a Duke recruiting thread.
    Would you like someone to create a separate thread which talks about recruits from non-Duke schools?