Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Duke extended an offer to Ziaire Williams, a top-10 wing/small forward who has been on the rise. Plays for Sierra Canyon which will have a really loaded team including Lebron’s kid. Cassius Stanley went there and I believe Bagley did as well.

https://twitter.com/therealziaire/st...989915648?s=21

Are we really putting a full court press on here? I mean how serious is this?

We have so many offers out, and there's still quite a bit of chatter out there about '21 guys we're interested in reclassifying that play similar positions (Clarke, Kuminga)... it's getting tough to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    Are we really putting a full court press on here? I mean how serious is this?

We have so many offers out, and there's still quite a bit of chatter out there about '21 guys we're interested in reclassifying that play similar positions (Clarke, Kuminga)... it's getting tough to follow.
    I use this site to keep track of it all:
    http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/duke

The chart makes things easy to digest, with number of open offer, commits, and spots open. (We technically only have two more open spots for class of 2020 - of course this doesn't consider those leaving early or transfers since it can't be predicted with accuracy - with 8 open offers.)

They are very fast with their updates and pretty good with accuracy, although labels of positions isn't perfect.

sounds like Boston might be on the descent...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    sounds like Boston might be on the descent...
    The trend lines for Duke and Z. Williams appear to be on the ascent, the trend lines for Duke and Boston appear to be on the descent.

snatching one from Ol' Roy's back pocket would be gratifying.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    The trend lines for Duke and Z. Williams appear to be on the ascent, the trend lines for Duke and Boston appear to be on the descent.

Thanks for the info jim... I can certainly live with that. Williams is a beast. Would love to have him anyway because he's that good but keeping him from Carolina would be the proverbial icing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I use this site to keep track of it all:
    http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/duke

The chart makes things easy to digest, with number of open offer, commits, and spots open. (We technically only have two more open spots for class of 2020 - of course this doesn't consider those leaving early or transfers since it can't be predicted with accuracy - with 8 open offers.)

They are very fast with their updates and pretty good with accuracy, although labels of positions isn't perfect.

Nice... thanks for the link.

snatching one from Ol' Roy's back pocket would be gratifying.
    We should have a chance here if we really get after it. Duke has a certain history with big wings, and UNC has a certain history with big wings, and if our coaches negatively recruit (in addition to positively recruit) as much as I'd want them to in this Duke-vs-UNC matchup, it should make an impression.

I think Williams biggest strength is his shooting, which is always needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    We should have a chance here if we really get after it. Duke has a certain history with big wings, and UNC has a certain history with big wings, and if our coaches negatively recruit (in addition to positively recruit) as much as I'd want them to in this Duke-vs-UNC matchup, it should make an impression.
    I don't think K negatively recruits, because he doesn't need to...and kids and their families evidently see the allure in that. He's secure in what he offers a kid...no need to tussle in the mud. His track record with great prospects suffices.

Evan Daniels interview with Terrence Clarke.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...tar-133913674/

I don't think K negatively recruits, because he doesn't need to...and kids and their families evidently see the allure in that. He's secure in what he offers a kid...no need to tussle in the mud. His track record with great prospects suffices.
    Yes, that is noble and in almost all recruitments, I would wholeheartedly agree. This one time, let's make an exception, though (especially since UNC is thought to be the leader).

Put another way, I wonder if we hooked up Roy and the UNC staff to a lie detector, would they themselves believe that a big wing like Ziaire Williams should choose UNC over Duke given the track records?

Yes, that is noble and in almost all recruitments, I would wholeheartedly agree. This one time, let's make an exception, though (especially since UNC is thought to be the leader).

Put another way, I wonder if we hooked up Roy and the UNC staff to a lie detector, would they themselves believe that a big wing like Ziaire Williams should choose UNC over Duke given the track records?
    For one and done level talent, Roy and the unc staff can make the argument that the young man might well get a bonus year at unc before heading to the nba...

For one and done level talent, Roy and the unc staff can make the argument that the young man might well get a bonus year at unc before heading to the nba...
    Carolina better hope and pray that Cole Anthony is the real deal and goes top 5 in the draft or they could really develop a rep as a school where the few top players they get end up hurting their draft stock.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I'm not so sure about that strategy. After all, they fooled the ncaa...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

They're world class liars. They would pass.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Duke extended an offer to Ziaire Williams, a top-10 wing/small forward who has been on the rise. Plays for Sierra Canyon which will have a really loaded team including Lebron’s kid. Cassius Stanley went there and I believe Bagley did as well.

https://twitter.com/therealziaire/st...989915648?s=21
    Duke recruit BJ Boston is transferring out here to Sierra Canyon as well. The team also has Zaire Wade (Dwayne's son) and superstud rising soph Amari Bailey. Team is gonna be sick -- will freshman Bronny James even start? I'll be sure to see several of their games this year.

If I remember correctly, Boston is on an official visit to Kentucky this week.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Duke recruit BJ Boston is transferring out here to Sierra Canyon as well. The team also has Zaire Wade (Dwayne's son) and superstud rising soph Amari Bailey. Team is gonna be sick -- will freshman Bronny James even start? I'll be sure to see several of their games this year.
    Hey, a tommy sighting. Cool.

Boston commits to Kentucky