Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Maybe the coaches know something that the gurus don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Maybe the coaches know something that the gurus don't?
    Nah. Some schools recruiting Marvin gave scholarship offers to his brothers (including a 7-year-old) to try to sway Marvin.

Marcus did not even play high school basketball as a sophomore. He was at Ravenscroft in Raleigh (same school as Ryan Kelly) but was not on the team. I'm not sure if his family just chose for him to skip a year of hoops or what (at 6-6 and athletic, it seems he would have made the team if he had tried out). This year will be a big one for him to establish if he is a legit D1 prospect. I imagine his family will get him on an AAU team too if he wants to show himself as an elite prospect.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Marcus has gone to 3 different schools in his last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Marcus has gone to 3 different schools in his last 3 years.
    I suppose this is about Marcus Bagley, but I honestly have no idea. There is no last name in the last several posts. What was he doing in Raleigh, or are there two Marcuses in this thread (which is only titled 2020 Recruiting)?

No worries -- I am just showing my age -- but I really, really like "who, what, when, were, why and how" in most posts.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I suppose this is about Marcus Bagley, but I honestly have no idea. There is no last name in the last several posts. What was he doing in Raleigh, or are there two Marcuses in this thread (which is only titled 2020 Recruiting)?

No worries -- I am just showing my age -- but I really, really like "who, what, when, were, why and how" in most posts.
    You get so darn picky...

Lol. I tend to agree, except that yours was post #45, and the situation was adequately described in post #39.

Hard to be upset about this one.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Lol. I tend to agree, except that yours was post #45, and the situation was adequately described in post #39.

Hard to be upset about this one.

- Chillin
    Yeah, but what's this Raleigh stuff? Oh, I just found it on Twitter, but still don't understand. I thought the family was from Chatsworth, CA, in the San Fernando Valley.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Yeah, but what's this Raleigh stuff? Oh, I just found it on Twitter, but still don't understand. I thought the family was from Chatsworth, CA, in the San Fernando Valley.
    They moved to Raleigh to be close to Marvin III while he was at Duke. Now that he is in Sacto, they have moved to that city so Marcus is going to play for Sheldon, the basketball powerhouse in Sacramento (the defending Northern California Open Division champion). The family is following their teenaged multi-million dollar asset... which is just plain smart if you ask me.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    They moved to Raleigh to be close to Marvin III while he was at Duke. Now that he is in Sacto, they have moved to that city so Marcus is going to play for Sheldon, the basketball powerhouse in Sacramento (the defending Northern California Open Division champion). The family is following their teenaged multi-million dollar asset... which is just plain smart if you ask me.
    Brilliant, really.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Brilliant, really.

- Chillin
    Yea, but when I was 19 or 20, I'm not sure I wanted my entire family to move to where I was living!

Are you sure it's not spelled Shelden?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Yea, but when I was 19 or 20, I'm not sure I wanted my entire family to move to where I was living!
    A great point -- I actually selected the school that was furthest from my parents. I didn't hate them, but thought I was ready to spread my wings. I learned that I had to flap those wings really, really hard!
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Are you sure it's not spelled Shelden?
    I believe Shavlick High School is their arch-rival.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I believe Shavlick High School is their arch-rival.
    But the landlord had a problem with that school infiltrating their domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    But the landlord had a problem with that school infiltrating their domain.
    Unquestionably the issue was failure to pay rent.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    A great point -- I actually selected the school that was furthest from my parents. I didn't hate them, but thought I was ready to spread my wings. I learned that I had to flap those wings really, really hard!
    Yea, I'm a big believer that, for many kids of a certain age, leaving the area in which they have grown up, to go to college or otherwise, is a good move in their development and maturation. In retrospect, it was for me.

I have lived in my hometown, several states away, and even crossed oceans. Development and maturity haven’t caught up to me yet. Maybe I should have left a forwarding address.

R.J. Hampton Stays Put but on The Move

Interesting development out of the Class of 2020 and one of the top Duke targets. Guard R.J. Hampton hinted earlier this week that he had some news to share on Friday. Today being Friday, we have news to digest. Hampton is considered one of the top players in his class and had been seriously considering reclassifying to the Class of 2019. After consideration, Hampton has decided to stay put in the Class of 2020, as Evan Daniels of 247Sports reports.

Interestingly, Hampton has scheduled 3 official visits for this fall: Memphis, Kansas, and Kentucky. He also notes that Duke, Michigan, and Texas have been recruiting him hardest along with the other schools. Duke has been considered a top landing spot for Hampton. We might expect to see the young man on campus this fall.

Jalen Johnson Schedules Official Visit for Countdown to Craziness

Top 10 SF Jalen Johnson will be taking an official visit to Duke on October 19th and will be on campus to witness Countdown to Craziness