Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The coincidences of life can be a little funny, no? Duke loses one Wendell (Carter) after the 2018 season and quickly targets another Wendell (Moore) for the class of 2019. The top freshman in the country in 2019 will be R.J. (Barrett) and now Duke has offered another R.J. (Hampton) in the class of 2020.

Thanks for the info.

Maybe we are recruiting by first name basis now as a cost containment. Since we seem to be okay with recycling uniform numbers, we could start putting first names/initials on the uniforms and just use the same numbers/names year after year.

Also, as a senior citizen of the same age as Coach K, I find myself forgetting names. This could help me (and possibly Coach K).

A New PG Target: Nico Mannion

Duke has extended an offer to top 2020 Point Guard Nico Mannion. The 6'3" redhead from Arizona is a Top 25 player in his class, although there are reports that he is considering reclassifying to 2019. He has been trending towards Arizona or another West Coast school for a while and so the offer from Duke is an interesting development. Mannion seems like a consummate playmaker and looks both quick and athletic. The college basketball world might implode if he ever committed a technical foul while wearing a Duke jersey. I would imagine a commitment to Duke would be followed with "the next Duke villain" article in a hot minute. For that alone, I am intrigued.

His dad is a former NBA player. That often bodes well for Duke.

BJ Boston, a 6'6" guard out of Georgia is set to un-officially visit Duke on Saturday. Very high on everyone''s wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    His dad is a former NBA player. That often bodes well for Duke.
    Bronny James is what, Class of '23? When do we start that thread?

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Bronny James is what, Class of '23? When do we start that thread?
    Bronny is in the same school/class as Kobe Bryant''s son.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Might as well get 'em both!
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

I'm fairly certain Kobe does not have a son

I stand corrected. It is Scottie Pippen''s son not Kobe. Kenyon Martin''s son KJ is also at Sierra Canyon.
    Sorry to miss lead anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by djp10 View Post
    You may be right, but I'm not sure such a high degree of certainty is warranted on this topic - by anyone.

Kobe does have a daughter, Gianna, about the same age that the Duke staff should keep an eye on:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kobe-br...153746154.html

Nicole Mannion to make an announcement July 20. Thinking he will re-classify to 2019. He is a heavy Arizona lean.

Nico not Nicole. Dam auto correct

Duke head coach Michael "Mike" Krzyzewski extended an offer to Top 10 rising junior Jalen Johnson of Sun Prairie, Wisconsin on Friday, July 20th. Johnson is a 6'8" "point forward" with an intriguing package of ball handling, passing, shooting, and NBA-ready athleticism. He's a highly coveted recruit in his native Wisconsin where the nearby Badgers have been considered the favorites for his services.

Johnson joins combo guard R.J. Hampton as the only other member of the Class of 2020 to receive an offer at this point. Duke also appears high on SG Brandon Boston of Norcross, Georgia, among others.

Nicole Mannion to make an announcement July 20. Thinking he will re-classify to 2019. He is a heavy Arizona lean.
    I read the article on the front page and was wondering where I recognized that name, Pace Mannion. First Rockets game I ever went to and there a couple of hundred people there called the Pace Mannion fan club. Thought it was the weirdest thing given he played for the Jazz, and my dad, who was usually on top of this stuff, didn’t know either. Wiki said he was a cult hero at Rice because of some gaffe when he was in college at Utah, and they would show up to all the Rockets games to cheer him on. A very Rice thing to do.

/csb

In Cali, you never know, with gender fluidity and all...

(or as Radar would say, fluididity....)

2 New Offers: Brandon Boston and Jeremy Roach

Duke extended 2 more offers to members of the Class of 2020. Each are 5-star recruits considered among the top 20 in their class.

Jeremy Roach is a 6'2" point guard from Fairfax, VA. Villanova is considered an early leader for his services.

Brandon "B.J." Boston is a 6'6" shooting guard from Norcross, GA. Duke is considered an early leader.

Link to video

Boston and Roach join other 2020 recruits CG (combo guard) R.J. Hampton and SF Jalen Johnson as players to receive an offer from Duke. I wouldn't be surprised if a power forward and/or center are next. Be on the lookout for an offer to Isaiah Todd, a top 10 PF in the Class of 2020.

Cade Cunningham, a 6'7 SF out of Montverde has caught the eye of the Duke staff. Not offered yet tho.

Marcus Bagley a 6'6 forward has transferred from Sierra Canyon in So Cal to Sheldon in Sacramento. Sheldon was the Northern Cal Open Champ last year. Marcus is Marvin's little brother.

Marcus Bagley a 6'6 forward has transferred from Sierra Canyon in So Cal to Sheldon in Sacramento. Sheldon was the Northern Cal Open Champ last year. Marcus is Marvin's little brother.
    Looking at his recruiting profile is a little funny. There's hardly any info about him, he's not a top 100 or maybe even top 200 player in his class, and yet he has offers from Arizona, UCLA, and USC.