Page 14 of 122 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    What is Duke's interest level in Jalen Suggs? According to this article, Duke is high on his families list.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/4/15...len-suggs-duke
    Minnesota recruit? As good as ours!

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Minnesota recruit? As good as ours!
    Suggs is an interesting recruit and one the Duke staff knows well. They have been in touch for the past couple of years.

Of note, Suggs is considered one of the better quarterback prospects in the nation, too. Would Coach Cut and Coach K care to split his services?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Suggs is an interesting recruit and one the Duke staff knows well. They have been in touch for the past couple of years.

Of note, Suggs is considered one of the better quarterback prospects in the nation, too. Would Coach Cut and Coach K care to split his services?
    Ohio State wants him to play QB, but he is a better basketball prospect than a football one. He's widely considered one of the top 2 or 3 PGs in the 2020 class and a top 20 hoops recruit. He's a really, really good football prospect, but is only thought to be one of the 10-15 best QB prospects and a top 300 kinda football recruit (a lot more players in football so a lot harder to be even a top 50 recruit). He's also seen as a run-pass football QB, not a "pro style" pocket passed. That would seem to diminish his pro prospects a bit as the NFL still largely wants guys who can throw-first at the QB position.

-Jason "Anyway, he'd be a great addition to either Duke program, no question about that" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ohio State wants him to play QB, but he is a better basketball prospect than a football one. He's widely considered one of the top 2 or 3 PGs in the 2020 class and a top 20 hoops recruit. He's a really, really good football prospect, but is only thought to be one of the 10-15 best QB prospects and a top 300 kinda football recruit (a lot more players in football so a lot harder to be even a top 50 recruit). He's also seen as a run-pass football QB, not a "pro style" pocket passed. That would seem to diminish his pro prospects a bit as the NFL still largely wants guys who can throw-first at the QB position.

-Jason "Anyway, he'd be a great addition to either Duke program, no question about that" Evans
    Minnehaha Academy -- sounds like a Duke commit.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Here's the crew with Jalen Johnson. It's nice of the crew to eschew their shoes so we can get an accurate height measurement. At the 2010 NBA Draft Combine, Jon Scheyer measured in at 6' 4 and 3/4" tall. I think that puts Jalen at a legitimate 6'8". Seems like a nice young man.

Here's the crew with Jalen Johnson. It's nice of the crew to eschew their shoes so we can get an accurate height measurement. At the 2010 NBA Draft Combine, Jon Scheyer measured in at 6' 4 and 3/4" tall. I think that puts Jalen at a legitimate 6'8". Seems like a nice young man.

I would call that a full-court press!

In addition to visiting Caleb Love, a highly rated point guard from the St. Louis area, Coach K also met up with Cam'Ron Fletcher, a 6'6" small forward from STL.

Multiple Duke 2020 Targets Playing in ATL This Weekend

All but two(Walker Kessler, who plays in the Adidas AAU Circuit, and Jeremy Roach, recovering from ACL surgery)of Duke's 2020 targets I'm aware of(and feel free to add players not mentioned, DBA)will be participating in the Nike EYBL event this weekend, 4/26-28, at the Lakepoint Sporting Complex in Emerson, GA(exit 283 off I-75).

Caleb Love and Cam'Ron Fletcher play for Brad Beal Elite(MO)

Jalen Johnson and Patrick Baldwin, Jr.(Class of 2021 but playing up a year) play for Phenom University(WI)

Brandon "BJ" Boston plays for AOT Running Rebels(GA).

I think Scottie Barnes will also be playing but I haven't identified his AAU team.
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

In addition to visiting Caleb Love, a highly rated point guard from the St. Louis area, Coach K also met up with Cam'Ron Fletcher, a 6'6" small forward from STL.

We seem to have a pretty good track record with 6’6”-6’8” wing/forwards from St Louis...

Gotta be at least 6.5 cinderblocks. Need a better angle...

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    All but two(Walker Kessler, who plays in the Adidas AAU Circuit, and Jeremy Roach, recovering from ACL surgery)of Duke's 2020 targets I'm aware of(and feel free to add players not mentioned, DBA)will be participating in the Nike EYBL event this weekend, 4/26-28, at the Lakepoint Sporting Complex in Emerson, GA(exit 283 off I-75).

Caleb Love and Cam'Ron Fletcher play for Brad Beal Elite(MO)

Jalen Johnson and Patrick Baldwin, Jr.(Class of 2021 but playing up a year) play for Phenom University(WI)

Brandon "BJ" Boston plays for AOT Running Rebels(GA).

I think Scottie Barnes will also be playing but I haven't identified his AAU team.
    That's the group! RJ Hampton is the other (potential) class of 2020 player to receive an offer at this point. Henry Coleman, Jr. has also visited Duke but has yet (or might never?) to receive an offer. Not sure what AAU team he plays with.

Patrick Baldwin, Jr. is the real deal. Like Jalen Johnson, Baldwin is a 6'8" highly skilled and athletic wing/forward from Wisconsin in the Class of 2021. If you were ranking the best players in all of high school this past season, including current seniors, Baldwin would be in the running for the top overall spot. Johnson is in the conversation as a top 10 player in high school. I would not envy the task of playing their AAU team!

check Fletcher out on instagram. Has Cassius Stanley like bounce.

Nike EYBL(Addendum)

Some additional info on 2020 Duke targets:

RJ Hampton will be playing for Drive Nation(TX), with multiple games at this weekend's ATL-area event.

Scottie Barnes will be playing for Nightrydas Elilte(FL), with Isaiah Todd(ESPN top 10 in '20 class but not a Duke target apparently)as a teammate.

The Emerson/Cartersville Lakepoint Sporting Complex is more or less "convenient" to the northern ATL suburbs, so this weekend is an opportunity to watch 6 of Duke's prospects for 2020. The schedule of games is easily found on the Nike EYBL website.
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Cam'ron Fletcher mixtape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Fp7g-zQ_M

Please please can we have some of that..

Updated ESPN Top 100 for Class of 2020

ESPN rolled out its new rankings for the Class of 2020. Here are some notable players in the class.

3. Jalen Johnson, 6'8" SF, Geldale, WI (note: grade of 98 is the same as overall #1 Evan Mobley (7'0" C) and #2 Jalen Green (6'5" SG))
    4. R.J. Hampton, 6'5" PG, Little Elm, TX
    6. Scottie Barnes, 6'8" PF, West Palm Beach, FL
    7. B.J. Boston, 6'6" SG, Norcross, GA
    12. Jalen Suggs, 6'4" PG, Minneapolis, MN
    15. Jeremy Roach, 6'2" PG, Leesburg, VA
    16. Walker Kessler, 6'11" C, Fairburn, GA
    27. Caleb Love, 6'3" PG, St. Louis, MO
    32. Cam'Ron Fletcher, 6'6" SF, St. Louis, MO
    34. Henry Coleman, 6'8" PF, Richmond, VA
    39. Marcus Bagley, 6'7" SF, Sacramento, CA

I dunno about that, are you counting the hair? He looks closer to 6'6.5" to me. He's standing slightly further back than Jon, and only looks to be about 2 or 3 inches taller, going by the top of their heads (not hair). Also Carrawell is 6'6", and is standing closer to the camera, and looks very close to Jalen's height.

Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I dunno about that, are you counting the hair? He looks closer to 6'6.5" to me. He's standing slightly further back than Jon, and only looks to be about 2 or 3 inches taller, going by the top of their heads (not hair). Also Carrawell is 6'6", and is standing closer to the camera, and looks very close to Jalen's height.
    Just like Fletch, 6'5", 6'9" with the hair:

Talk is that Duke is putting a lot of attention into top 30 center/forward Xavier Foster, a 7 footer from Iowa. He appears to be a very mobile big man with length and a decent amount of strength at his size and weight. The kid has a good frame. Nate James has been watching several games at an EYBL event this weekend and Coach K is supposed to be taking a look as well.

Talk is that Duke is putting a lot of attention into top 30 center/forward Xavier Foster, a 7 footer from Iowa. He appears to be a very mobile big man with length and a decent amount of strength at his size and weight. The kid has a good frame. Nate James has been watching several games at an EYBL event this weekend and Coach K is supposed to be taking a look as well.

Even if Duke signs Walker Kessler, they likely will need another center.