Page 112 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2439
    Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    The ball durham site predicted the starting 5 as including Henry Coleman at center. They mention his intelligence as what will win him the starting job. That input was new to me.
    They don't know any more than we do. I doubt they ever seen Coleman play in person. Sheer speculation which we can do on our own, a DBR specialty, without any alleged experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    The ball durham site predicted the starting 5 as including Henry Coleman at center. They mention his intelligence as what will win him the starting job. That input was new to me.

ball durham zero credibility. The Matt Giles guy is a complete hack. I wouldn't even visit the website.

Y'all think Duke is going to look at any players now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post
    A center rotation of Williams, Coleman, and maybe Hurt would be a liability IMO. We’ll be strong in other areas and won’t need a lot from the 5, but really could have used the depth and experience that Tape would have provided. Still a lot of roster pieces to be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post
    I would doubt anyone else from this year’s high-school class would move the needle. At least not anyone we could get involved with this late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    A center rotation of Williams, Coleman, and maybe Hurt would be a liability IMO. We’ll be strong in other areas and won’t need a lot from the 5, but really could have used the depth and experience that Tape would have provided. Still a lot of roster pieces to be determined.
    Jaemyn said he was eager to play 3-5. With 15-20 lbs of extra weight, he should be sufficient at center. He is currently 6'9, 220.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...uke-136490412/

“I’m a versatile combo forward that can play with anybody really,” Brakefield said. “I don’t really have a position, but just can play everywhere on the court. I can guard multiple positions and just flourish in any kind of system, but definitely in coach K system.”
    For reference, Garrison Brooks is 6'9, 235.

Is Duke still recruiting Zaire William's ? He's the 5* out of Sierra Canyon. I believe he still has an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Is Duke still recruiting Zaire William's ? He's the 5* out of Sierra Canyon. I believe he still has an offer.
    Duke stopped recruiting him some time ago.

DJ Stewart interview

I was reluctant to post the link here since it's from another Duke site. If you go to Yahoo, there is a video interview with DJ Stewart. Maybe if someone that knows the rules regarding linking other site"s material wants to link it. Otherwise, just check it out...it's well worth the effort to find and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    I was reluctant to post the link here since it's from another Duke site. If you go to Yahoo, there is a video interview with DJ Stewart. Maybe if someone that knows the rules regarding linking other site"s material wants to link it. Otherwise, just check it out...it's well worth the effort to find and watch.
    D.J. Steward.

We have an entire off-season to get this one right people. Do not let D.J. Steward down.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    D.J. Steward.

We have an entire off-season to get this one right people. Do not let D.J. Steward down.
    sorry! lesson learned lol

DJ Stewart interview ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    D.J. Steward.

sorry! lesson learned lol
    Or lesson learnt?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Or lesson learnt?
    Learnt is a variant especially common outside North America. Learnt however is more common in British than America and Canada and is considered informal. Learned or Learnt: ... Learned is used as a verb as well as an adjective but learnt (with a t) is only used as a verb.

When in doubt, provide the link, my friend. I didn't appreciate having to hunt down this video. Brevity is more of a link-Nazi than me, but only barely.

And I'm still only 90% sure this is the video you referenced because your description was too vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    When in doubt, provide the link, my friend. I didn't appreciate having to hunt down this video. Brevity is more of a link-Nazi than me, but only barely.

And I'm still only 90% sure this is the video you referenced because your description was too vague.

I don't know if the link is the one in question, but it sure is a good one of young Mr. Steward. He comes across as a nice young man that's thrilled to play for Duke University. At one point in the interview he was asked what the Duke coaching staff had asked him to work on and he said knocking down shots. He also mentioned that in his senior season he worked on his ball handling and defense. Thanks for rounding up this video. Can't wait to see him play this season. Go-away-Covid-19.

GoDuke!

Any guys de-commit (or re-commit) overnight while I rested/recovered from this weekend's wacky whirlwind of activity?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I don't know if the link is the one in question, but it sure is a good one of young Mr. Steward. He comes across as a nice young man that's thrilled to play for Duke University. At one point in the interview he was asked what the Duke coaching staff had asked him to work on and he said knocking down shots. He also mentioned that in his senior season he worked on his ball handling and defense. Thanks for rounding up this video. Can't wait to see him play this season. Go-away-Covid-19.

GoDuke!
    The cliche "impressive young man" definitely comes to mind in the video. If that's the interview plimnko wanted us to see, then thank you plimnko for bringing our attention to it!

Learnt is a variant especially common outside North America. Learnt however is more common in British than America and Canada and is considered informal. Learned or Learnt: ... Learned is used as a verb as well as an adjective but learnt (with a t) is only used as a verb.
    Pretty sure the learnt / learned comment was a sarcastic reference to the Stewart / Steward typos. Ya know, the whole "d" "t" thing.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Brevity is more of a link-Nazi than me, but only barely.
    Can we amend that to "link enthusiast" or something?

Steward/Stewart is the opposite of Justise/Justice because "Steward" is a word and "Stewart" is not. Unless Dinty Moore has taken up painting. Should we ask him?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Pretty sure the learnt / learned comment was a sarcastic reference to the Stewart / Steward typos. Ya know, the whole "d" "t" thing.
    Since when did snark deter pedantry?

(Posted as an occasionally repentant pedant.)