Page 110 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2439
    Is a reclass possible for 2020? Only way to really see a target being added I guess

Or

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    With the addition of Patrick Tape, we can probably close down the Class of 2020 recruiting thread. Something dramatic could happen, but my guess is that Duke is done with this class.

There is a transfer thread here: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...ransfer-thread

There is a who stays/who goes thread here: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...Stays-Who-Goes

There are no more all-star games scheduled for the Class of 2020, so the next time we see the recruits will most likely be in October at Countdown to Craziness.
    Or we just could just repurpose this thread to start discussing playing time in 20-21! Or should we have a new thread for that? Seems kind of wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Or we just could just repurpose this thread to start discussing playing time in 20-21! Or should we have a new thread for that? Seems kind of wasteful.
    Every thread eventually becomes a playing time discussion. I would wait until we are clear on the roster. Right now, Carey, Hurt, and Stanely appear to be question marks for the 2020-21 season. None have announced a draft/return decision. Until that happens, I don't see value in having a playing time discussion. Of course, others might. Maybe we should start that thread now. What else are we gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    I just realized it'll be hard for non-Duke fans to tell Jaemyn and Jalen apart next season. Similar stature and moderate resemblance.
    Just to confuse fans even more, we could bring in this transfer from Tennessee who is also named Jalen Johnson https://247sports.com/college/kentuc...tal-145308275/

Those of us of a certain age remember when Duke and Clemson both had a men's basketball head coach named Bill Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Those of us of a certain age remember when Duke and Clemson both had a men's basketball head coach named Bill Foster.
    Do the ACC and NCAA still allow that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Moreover, after our Bill Foster left Duke for the Univ. of South Carolina in 1980, the two main South Carolina universities had basketball coaches named Bill Foster. This improbability lasted for four seasons, 1980-81 through 1983-84.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    ... the next time we see the recruits will most likely be in October at Countdown to Craziness.
    In the good ol' days we used to get reports from summer pick-up games involving the players, including the new recruits. These reports would let us confidently predict that a player like Jaemyn would be ACC ROY and Hurt would be 1st team AA next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    In the good ol' days we used to get reports from summer pick-up games involving the players, including the new recruits. These reports would let us confidently predict that a player like Jaemyn would be ACC ROY and Hurt would be 1st team AA next year.
    These days we're much more advanced -- we can make those predictions without the pick-up games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Probably a referee issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    These days we're much more advanced -- we can make those predictions without the pick-up games.
    Really? Until we know how badly Nick Horvath schooled him, can we do more than guess?

I seem to recall a story of a recruit leaving word at a hotel for Coach Foster announcing his commitment. Both Fosters were staying there that day.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by sfinleyo View Post
    This looks more official regarding Alan Griffin:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...r-alan-griffin
    Wow. If he really did choose to come here then he might actually be competing with his brother for a starting spot?

I guess both can play on the wing/shooting guard positions.

I know it's a highlight tape but...fun to watch some of Jalen Johnson's highlights from this season. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx8v...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    I know it's a highlight tape but...fun to watch some of Jalen Johnson's highlights from this season. Enjoy!

Thanks for the highlight video. I love the way the young man can handle the ball and use both hands in finishing. His shot looks pretty strong as well. Welcome to
    Duke University Jalen.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Thanks for the highlight video. I love the way the young man can handle the ball and use both hands in finishing. His shot looks pretty strong as well. Welcome to
    Duke University Jalen.

GoDuke!
    Is Ben Simmons light a good comp? Great handle, good vision, big and strong, true point forward, awful awful shooter?

There is a lot to like with Johnson. But, for the love of god, please send the whole summer on that shot.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Hey

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Is Ben Simmons light a good comp? Great handle, good vision, big and strong, true point forward, awful awful shooter?

There is a lot to like with Johnson. But, for the love of god, please send the whole summer on that shot.
    He made at least 10 jumpers in that mixtape, which may be more than Simmons has hit in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post

Grant Hill had to work on his outside shooting after his freshmen year, if I'm remembering correctly. Matter of fact, I believe Chip Engelland worked with Grant and the results were good.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post

THANKS!!!! I needed that

There are several things that jump out at me after watching that video and others on Jalen.
    1-He ability to handle the ball is better each time I see highlights of him. He finds his teammates with good passes that give them a good opportunity to shoot/score. Just so smooth.
    2-He is athletic. Although, there are some questions about his quickness to defend in the open court 1v1, his length makes up for a lot. If he is Duke's starting 3 or 4, that's a very good piece to have.
    3-He is bigger than last year. Both taller and more muscular.

I know he is a very talented player that will thrive at Duke. I just hope that he doesn't take a back seat to other much like Cam did a few years ago.