Page 109 of 122 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2439
    Listen, I am not going to discuss Hurt on this board for until he or Duke says what he is doing it is all speculation.

Also, I will not share prem info from other pay sites on this board.

I work as a College Placement Director and speak to many college coaches, hs coaches, players and parents etc... daily.

My posts can be more clear and specific as could many others, and I will acknowledge that for any future posts.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Welcome to DBR! 11 sporks is the equivalent of a blue check mark on Twitter. It makes some posters feel their opinions are more important than those of others. It often makes them look like a pompous donkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    A very knowledgeable guy who is not particularly motivated to acknowledge, even after 10,000++++ posts, that someone else has a good point or that his own posts could have been improved.
    Yeah, these two posts really appear to be in the spirit of this board...

Sage: I stand by my original statement. If Jaks didn't want to be spreading rumors regarding Hurt, then mentioning Hurt at all seemed like the wrong idea.
    Seemed like a pretty clear implicit mention of a rumor regarding Hurt. And I was not alone in thinking that. Rather than insulting me, do you disagree?

Guys, guys -- don't make the mods stop this thread. And no, we're not there yet, so please settle down.

CDu,
    Dude, I'm not going to get into any kind of ongoing conflict with you because it's not worth it in the long run for this board. Let's move on from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post
    CDu,
    Dude, I'm not going to get into any kind of ongoing conflict with you because it's not worth it in the long run for this board. Let's move on from this.
    I hold no issue/conflict with you Jaks, never did. Just a disagreement.

I do have issue with the two posts (neither by you) I quoted in my last post. But I've said what I want to say about those and am happy to leave it there.

I just realized it'll be hard for non-Duke fans to tell Jaemyn and Jalen apart next season. Similar stature and moderate resemblance.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    I just realized it'll be hard for non-Duke fans to tell Jaemyn and Jalen apart next season. Similar stature and moderate resemblance.
    Let's hope it is hard for opposing teams, too.

Easy. The guy with the "L" his first name is right-handed. The guy without the "L" in his first name is left-handed. Foolproof way to keep them figured out .

What if they wear similar numbers. Jalen can be 1 and Jaemyn can be 11. Wait, no, 11 is taken.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    What if they wear similar numbers. Jalen can be 1 and Jaemyn can be 11. Wait, no, 11 is taken.
    And I don't think either will be confused for Bobby Hurley and Big Z.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Numbers will be key as I'm fairly certain they will have to wear different ones... ... but, I think the names on the back of the jerseys being so different, Brakefield & Johnson, will help too.
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Not sure if it would go in this one or a 2021 recruiting thread, but one thing to keep an eye on is AJ Griffin (2021 Duke) brother Alan Griffin just entered the transfer portal. Looked poised to break out next year for Illinois, wonder if Duke will make a run due to family ties.

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Not sure if it would go in this one or a 2021 recruiting thread, but one thing to keep an eye on is AJ Griffin (2021 Duke) brother Alan Griffin just entered the transfer portal. Looked poised to break out next year for Illinois, wonder if Duke will make a run due to family ties.
    Only averaged 18 minutes per game this year for the Illini, but scored 8.9ppg and 4.5 rpg while hitting 41.6% of his threes and 86% of his FTs. Sit a year and then arrive as 4th year junior the same tie as his brother... I like the sound of that!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Might be a good time to look at the numbers. Right now Duke has 13 scholarships committed for next season. That assumes none of this year's freshmen leave early for the NBA, which is highly unlikely. Carey is almost certainly gone, which would bring Duke back to 12. But until we know the final decisions of Stanley, Hurt and Moore and know for certain that there won't be a desirable reclass sometime this summer than Duke needs to be pretty judicious with offers.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Apparently we’ve reached out to Griffin:

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...853063174?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Apparently we’ve reached out to Griffin:

Or not - post unavailable.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Or not - post unavailable.

-jk
    Worked for me

This looks more official regarding Alan Griffin:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...r-alan-griffin

Alan Griffin

I googled Alan Griffin to learn a little bit more about him and this video of him getting ejected for stomping on a Purdue player came up. Christian Laettner says welcome to Duke!

With the addition of Patrick Tape, we can probably close down the Class of 2020 recruiting thread. Something dramatic could happen, but my guess is that Duke is done with this class.

There is a transfer thread here: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...ransfer-thread

There is a who stays/who goes thread here: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...Stays-Who-Goes

There are no more all-star games scheduled for the Class of 2020, so the next time we see the recruits will most likely be in October at Countdown to Craziness.