Page 99 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2439
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post
    But it appears as though some of the in coming 2020 recruits have grown a tad according to some sites and draft boards. Jaemyn's update is 6-9 220, Henry's update is 6-8 240 and Mark's update is 7-1 230.
    Now how accurate all of these are will always be in question.
    Certainly true!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Who is Henry Jones?
    Save the bones for him.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    Save the bones for him.
    "Because Henry don't eat no meat..."

(great set up)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

5 Blue Devils Selected to Jordan Brand Classic

The Class of 2020 will be well represented at the Jordan Brand Classic this March in Chicago. In fact, all 5 will be on the same team. Hometown kid DJ Steward will likely get a warm reception. He'll be joined by Jalen Johnson, Jaemyn Brakefield, Jeremy Roach, and Mark Williams on the "Home Team." The "Road Team" will feature a trio of Tar Heels, including RJ Davis, Caleb Love, and Day'Ron Sharpe.

I was looking up TV information and found the date to be different from the one on the rosters:

Las Vegas, Nevada – The Jordan Brand Classic, now in its 18th year, will host the greatest male and female high school basketball players as they look to own the game and take the big stage. JBC is a celebration of the next generation of basketball stars and features the top high school talent in the country. For the first time the brand’s marquee event will be held at Las Vegas’ newest sports and entertainment venue, T-Mobile Arena.

The double-header will be held on Saturday, April 20 with the Girls Game tipping off at 3:00 p.m., followed by the Boys Game at 5:00 p.m. PST.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Their Twitter account shows the April 20th date: https://twitter.com/JordanClassic

Correction... that was for the 2019 game... this year's game is on March 27, 2020

https://jordanbrandclassic.com/2020-...ters-unveiled/

Jordan Brand Classic Unites the Best of the Best On Court
    Chicago’s Wintrust Arena to Host JBC for the First Time March 27th
    CHICAGO, IL –The Jordan Brand Classic, now in its 19th year, will host elite level female and male high school senior basketball players as they take the big stage in the city where Michael Jordan rose to legend status. JBC is a celebration of the next generation of basketball stars and features the top high school talent in the country. For the first time the Brand’s marquee event will be held in Chicago at the Wintrust Arena. The double-header will be held on Friday, March 27th with the Girls Game tipping off at 6:00 p.m., followed by the Boys Game at 8:00 p.m. CST.
    Last edited by DoubleBlue; 02-15-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Their Twitter account shows the April 20th date: https://twitter.com/JordanClassic

Correction... that was for the 2019 game... this year's game is on March 27, 2020

https://jordanbrandclassic.com/2020-...ters-unveiled/
    Correct. April 20th this year is on a Monday.

The event this year is in Chicago the final weekend of March.

The Class of 2020 will be well represented at the Jordan Brand Classic this March in Chicago. In fact, all 5 will be on the same team. Hometown kid DJ Steward will likely get a warm reception. He'll be joined by Jalen Johnson, Jaemyn Brakefield, Jeremy Roach, and Mark Williams on the "Home Team." The "Road Team" will feature a trio of Tar Heels, including RJ Davis, Caleb Love, and Day'Ron Sharpe.

It is possible that we will see an all Duke team on the floor. the positions fit.

Interesting from looking at the players n positions the cheats have 3 players on the team n 2 of them are Pt Guards. That’s very interesting that Roy recruited n sighted 2 pt. Guards on the same class. That might make things interesting for them next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
    Interesting from looking at the players n positions the cheats have 3 players on the team n 2 of them are Pt Guards. That’s very interesting that Roy recruited n sighted 2 pt. Guards on the same class. That might make things interesting for them next season.
    At some points during this season, they didn't have any point guards. Makes sense to stock up on them just in case.

In truth, RJ Davis is more of a scoring guard and not a PG. He is a high level shooter and shot creator but undersized to play the SG position in college or the pros. I would consider him more of a combo or off guard. Caleb Love is the "true" PG. UNC will also bring back Jeremiah Francis next season as a sophomore reserve PG. They will still have Andrew Platak as a senior SG that might start some games or split time with RJ Davis. It's also possible that Anthony Harris will come back halfway through the year to play a few minutes off the bench as another guard. UNC will have a ton of guard depth but will be incredibly young and unproven. They should be better than this year at the very least.

At some points during this season, they didn't have any point guards. Makes sense to stock up on them just in case.

In truth, RJ Davis is more of a scoring guard and not a PG. He is a high level shooter and shot creator but undersized to play the SG position in college or the pros. I would consider him more of a combo or off guard. Caleb Love is the "true" PG. UNC will also bring back Jeremiah Francis next season as a sophomore reserve PG. They will still have Andrew Platak as a senior SG that might start some games or split time with RJ Davis. It's also possible that Anthony Harris will come back halfway through the year to play a few minutes off the bench as another guard. UNC will have a ton of guard depth but will be incredibly young and unproven. They should be better than this year at the very least.
    Cheats better next year than this year? Now that’s a high bar.

I could go for about 11-14 overall and 4-9 in the acc.

(pinches self)

Nah, never mind; let's cheer for 0-25/0-13.

9F 'em.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I believe the 2020 class is finished except if Kuminga reclasses and commits to Duke.

It's my opinion, but I do not see him coming to Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post
    I believe the 2020 class is finished except if Kuminga reclasses and commits to Duke.

It's my opinion, but I do not see him coming to Duke
    Why do you think that?

GoDuke!

Am hearing that it is an academic issue to be at Duke next year. I like our class. Hope we keep a few freshmen from this year to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by dm9e24 View Post
    Am hearing that it is an academic issue to be at Duke next year. I like our class. Hope we keep a few freshmen from this year to join them.
    The culture of this forum is to cite sources. When you make a blanket statement like "am hearing that is an academic issue to be at Duke next year..." people are going to want to know more and how you came to that conclusion.

An academic issue for whom? Are there too many players for available slots? Is a 2020 prospect that is interested in Duke not academically eligible? Inquiring minds want to know.

The culture of this forum is to cite sources. When you make a blanket statement like "am hearing that is an academic issue to be at Duke next year..." people are going to want to know more and how you came to that conclusion.

An academic issue for whom? Are there too many players for available slots? Is a 2020 prospect that is interested in Duke not academically eligible? Inquiring minds want to know.
    I think that poster may have been responding to the question of why one wouldn’t think Kuminga is coming to Duke next year. But I agree more clarity and a source would be nice.

I voiced my opinion about Kuminga not coming to Duke based off the SOURCES of:
    Evan Daniels and even Corey Evans.

Also, looking at the roster for next year, if Moore and one of Stanley and Hurt return, Kuminga on that roster will cause either him or one of them to have a lesser role.

Now would take Kuminga? Heck yes. He's a true talent although not a finished product.
    Could he start at Duke? Yes, But if its Kuminga, Johnson, Moore/Stanley/Hurt, Roach... whos the 5? Kuminga isn't a guy to man the 5 and neither is Johnson. Hurt if he comes back, but Hurt on D would not be good.

A Team of OADs that are Grad Transfers?

Just a muse, what could a team look like with OADs composed of Transfer Grads? Then, a team would not be "young". Maybe easier to coach and mold?

If--note the qualifier--Duke has some unexpected attrition, I would absolutely expect a late signee or two. Jack White and Jordan Goldwire came onto the scene pretty late and both became rotation players.