Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
I'm super curious to see what names emerge as targets for the coaching staff in the frontcourt. Simply put, there are no frontcourt players on the projected roster after the 2019-20 season. Marques Bolden, Javin DeLaurier, and Jack White will all be gone and, unless something drastic happens, Vernon Carey, J. is a one-and-done. The closest thing Duke might have to a frontcourt player on the current roster is Joey Baker, an undersized stretch-4.

Duke is actively pursuing Jalen Johnson, a 6'8" forward from Wisconsin. By all accounts, he is an elite talent capable of playing that Tatum/Ingram stretch-4 role and even facilitating the offense some. I'd be interested to see if Isaiah Todd, a 6'10" forward that recently moved to the Raleigh area also receives an offer. If Dickinson is a multi-year player, it would be great to see him emerge as a target. Notre Dame appears very interested in him. DeMatha is a Catholic school, after all. Then again, Coach K takes communion, too.
Mike Brey attended DeMatha and returned to begin his coaching career there under Morgan Wooten before joining K's staff at Duke in 1987. Current sophomore forward DJ Harvey, former guard Jerian Grant, and one of Brey's associate head coaches are also DeMatha alumni.

Duke is not foreign to DeMatha, either - Danny Ferry is an alum and Quinn Cook started off there before transferring to Oak Hill. I know nothing about Todd or his recruitment specifically, but Brey and ND bball have deep ties to DeMatha. That being said, if Todd has moved on from DeMatha and is highly ranked enough to be on Duke's radar, those ties may not carry the day for the Irish.