Page 42 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieTiger View Post
    I dunno, he clearly can’t do basic math which concerns me that it might be a sign he’s leaning toward UNC.
    That whole image screams UNC - listing it first, the pose/smile, all the other school jerseys being “1”. I know nothing else about his recruitment but that picture paints a pretty clear message- at least for whomever put it together...

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    How come he only looks happy in a Carolina jersey??

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    thinking about not having to go to class lol

a possibility

Maybe he doesn't like going to class?

He’s just setting them up for a bigger letdown.

Also, why would he want to wear the #1 jersey from UNC? Past non-student athletes to wear that number include such legends as Melvin Scott, Marcus Ginyard, Dexter Strickland and the incomparable Theo Pinson.
    Last edited by Dr. Rosenrosen; 08-11-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

I think most people are missing it. UNC is all fun and games, like no classes needed. But in the middle is the picture of Stanford and it is all business, I think they have the lead, all business.

Dan McDonald
    @DMcDonaldRivals
    2020 big man Dylan Cardwell (@Dylanupnext__) let me know he has official visits set for #Vanderbilt (Aug 31st), #UGA (Sept 7th), and #UConn (Oct 5th). He's also planning trips to #Miami and #Tennessee. #Duke has been involved as well.

Quote Originally Posted by frb View Post
    Dan McDonald
    @DMcDonaldRivals
    2020 big man Dylan Cardwell (@Dylanupnext__) let me know he has official visits set for #Vanderbilt (Aug 31st), #UGA (Sept 7th), and #UConn (Oct 5th). He's also planning trips to #Miami and #Tennessee. #Duke has been involved as well.
    would we take a kid like this? Top 150 talent. I wouldn't be against it. We need bigs for 20/21.. and maybe that ranking isn't so accurate. Maybe the staff thinks he's a top 60 talent.

Quote Originally Posted by frb View Post
    would we take a kid like this? Top 150 talent. I wouldn't be against it. We need bigs for 20/21.. and maybe that ranking isn't so accurate. Maybe the staff thinks he's a top 60 talent.
    They are checking out a lot of guys in case they don't get Kessler and Williams, the top choices...

Jerry Tipton edits these pictures with lists on IG and it has nothing to do with the players. Matthew Hurt was in one last year and he looked bad in all the jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    Jerry Tipton edits these pictures with lists on IG and it has nothing to do with the players. Matthew Hurt was in one last year and he looked bad in all the jerseys.

The player reaches out to Joseph Tipton, and the edits are done in collaboration between the player and Tipton. There is a non-trivial charge for the service, although a few of the top players get theirs for free.
    I am friendly with a four star prospect in the class of 2020 who just committed to a Power6 hoops school and he explained to me how it's done.
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Are we involved with Jalen Green at all? This article from rivals says we are (look in section about Memphis) but I haven't seen anything anywhere else.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ave-a-big-fall

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Has there ever been a really good player from Alaska who did not go to Duke?

That said, kinda hard to see us getting another PG when we already have Roach coming in from the 2020 class.

-Jason "It could be wrong, but according to Wiki the grand total of Alaskan players who played in the NBA is Boozer, Langdon, and Mario Chalmers" Evans
    3 out of a total population of about 700k is solid right?

Are we involved with Jalen Green at all? This article from rivals says we are (look in section about Memphis) but I haven't seen anything anywhere else.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ave-a-big-fall
    Nope. With a player that high-profile, we would know. He'd have a scholarship offer, for example, at the very least.

With the 2022 draft likely to allow in high schoolers (meaning class of 2021 and class of 2022 high schoolers would both be eligible) I cannot come up with any smart reason a top tier class of 2021 guy would not flee that class in a big way if he could. But, to each his own.

-Jason "the 2022 draft is going to be redonkulous" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

With the 2022 draft likely to allow in high schoolers (meaning class of 2021 and class of 2022 high schoolers would both be eligible) I cannot come up with any smart reason a top tier class of 2021 guy would not flee that class in a big way if he could. But, to each his own.

involves premium content from elsewhere, but there is at least one good reason why he should not flee that class.

Excellent news. He can now become our top big man target in 2021.

But the NBA and players union haven’t agreed to changes in draft rules in 2022; correct? If this thing gets delayed or voted down, that draft could be skinny if other stars reclassify to avoid. Doubt that’s why he’s doing this, but could work out well. I don’t think Silver has control over the situation.