• Incredibles 2

22 48.89%
  • Jurassic World

26 57.78%
  • Field

2 4.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Can someone who voted for the incredibles explain why so many of you are high on it?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Can someone who voted for the incredibles explain why so many of you are high on it?
    An anticipated sequel to one of Pixar's top reviewed movies released in the summer when kids and families will make return visits? Also focusing on a female lead, which has been proven to be a popular move of late? No idea why I would want to pick that!

PS...Remember Finding Dory, another Pixar sequel years after the fact that made tons and tons of cash.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    An anticipated sequel to one of Pixar's top reviewed movies released in the summer when kids and families will make return visits? Also focusing on a female lead, which has been proven to be a popular move of late? No idea why I would want to pick that!

PS...Remember Finding Dory, another Pixar sequel years after the fact that made tons and tons of cash.
    But finding Nemo made almost $200 million more domestically vs.incredibles 1. Plus incredibles is up against Jurassic world. I also think the marketing was much much better for finding dory. I think it’s a tough sell.
    Last edited by LasVegas; 04-18-2018 at 02:03 PM.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    But finding Nemo made almost $200 million more domestically vs.incredibles 1. Plus incredibles is up against Jurassic world. I also think the marketing was much much better for finding dory. I think it’s a tough sell.
    That's why it's a fun poll. You might be right. We might be right. We'll see.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

That's why it's a fun poll. You might be right. We might be right. We'll see.
    You might be right. I’m PROBABLY wrong.

I'm hoping we are all wrong and something new and unknown takes the summer box office by storm.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm hoping we are all wrong and something new and unknown takes the summer box office by storm.
    You mean something that is NOT a sequel?

Good one ...

Rock, chalk, Incredible Hulk.

Avengers
    Ever-churning, Disney, rock it til the wheels fall off Star Wars movie because money is all that matters to Disney.
    Dinosaurs, because, summer time.

I'm not high on it so much as I don't have a strong opinion past my first two picks, which are Avengers and Jurassic Park. I didn't have a strong opinion about the other three but I picked Incredibles because Deadpool is rated R and because I suspect the Star Wars franchise is due for a stumble (by SW standards, anyway) with the Han Solo movie. My SW suspicion is based on (1) multiple SW movies in a short time, (2) the troubled production of this one, and (3) the bad taste left in the mouth by the last movie among a number of guys I know.

That said, who knows... it wouldn't surprise me if Han Solo turned out to be #1 this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm not high on it so much as I don't have a strong opinion past my first two picks, which are Avengers and Jurassic Park. I didn't have a strong opinion about the other three but I picked Incredibles because Deadpool is rated R and because I suspect the Star Wars franchise is due for a stumble (by SW standards, anyway) with the Han Solo movie. My SW suspicion is based on (1) multiple SW movies in a short time, (2) the troubled production of this one, and (3) the bad taste left in the mouth by the last movie among a number of guys I know.

That said, who knows... it wouldn't surprise me if Han Solo turned out to be #1 this summer.
    Never tell me the odds!

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Sequel to the best superhero movie of this century.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Sequel to the best superhero movie of this century.
    The dark knight?

But yeah, I did really like the first one. I usually enjoy Pixar movies and I’m sure this one will be great as well.

Aren't they picking up right where they left off? The Underminer (John Ratzenberger in his required Pixar role) is wreaking havoc on the city, and The Incredibles family is slapping on the masks. The Underminer won't be the villain, but it's a cool way to start the movie. When we go see the new one, I have no doubt we'll be watching the original the night before.

Here's my dilemma...

In terms of film quality and enjoyment, I expect the movies to rank in this order:

1. Deadpool 2 - the test screenings are through the roof
    2. Incredibles 2 - Brad Bird has said he waited a long time to be sure he was getting the story right and I really trust him
    3. Avengers: Infinity War - Marvel rarely makes a mediocre movie and the Russo brothers have a great track record
    4. Jurassic World 2 - ehhh, the trailers are not really doing it for me and the original was only ok
    5. Solo - terrible buzz, massive reshoots, troubled production, horrible casting, dull trailer, "aside from that Ms. Lincoln, how was the movie?"

But, in terms of box office potential I rank them in this order:

1. Avengers:IW - that's why we are all picking it
    2. Solo - Even though some of them have been awful, here is a list of Star Wars movies to make less than $490 mil (inflation adjusted): ______________
    3. Jurassic World 2 - The first one made $650 mil. This one could be 20% worse and still make $520 mil
    4. Incredibles 2 - The first one was a huge, massive success... and it only made $261 mil ($350+ mil inflation adjusted)
    5. Deadpool 2 - Here is the list of R-rated films to earn more than $375 mil: _______________

-Jason "this is proving harder than I thought... and every Deadpool or Incredibles trailer makes it even harder" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Two people lost right out of the gate by not picking Avengers. Interesting.

(Aimo, and Moonpie who is so confident in The Incredibles that is the only one he voted for.)

Two people lost right out of the gate by not picking Avengers. Interesting.

(Aimo, and Moonpie who is so confident in The Incredibles that is the only one he voted for.)
    It’s a bold strategy! I almost went with field at the very slim chance of being the only winner.
    Ant-Man and the Wasp!!!!!

Ant-Man and the Wasp!!!!!
    Hey, there is a non-zero chance that Marvel makes Ant Man and the Wasp seem like an essential part of resolving whatever happens in Avengers 3 and 90% of the folks who saw Avengers 3 feel like they need to see Ant Man and the Wasp to keep up with the story.

In fact, I can't really figure out how Ant Man and the Wasp is not tied into the events of Avengers 3 (and leads to the events of Avengers 4) unless it takes place in the past (like the Captain Marvel film that is due out in March of next year before Avengers 4 in May). There have not been any trailers yet nor has there been much of a plot leak (other than the fact that the Wasp spends much of the movie looking for her mother in the Quantum Realm) to indicate whether Ant Man and the Wasp is in the past or the post-Avengers 3 present.

-Jason "a field question... if I had made the contest to pick the top 5 and the choices were these 5 films plus a field pick... would anyone have taken the field?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

-Jason "a field question... if I had made the contest to pick the top 5 and the choices were these 5 films plus a field pick... would anyone have taken the field?" Evans
    Quite possibly. Uncle Drew is going to be up there for sure!
    Besides Ant Man & Wasp, toss in the Rock saving a Skyscraper, Jason Statham vs a giant shark in Meg, another Mission Impossible, and a few comedies that could surprise. I don't think any will be in the top 5, but it would have been a tempting choice.

Quite possibly. Uncle Drew is going to be up there for sure!
    Besides Ant Man & Wasp, toss in the Rock saving a Skyscraper, Jason Statham vs a giant shark in Meg, another Mission Impossible, and a few comedies that could surprise. I don't think any will be in the top 5, but it would have been a tempting choice.
    Anyone want to bet a pie on whether some other film cracks the top 5 this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Anyone want to bet a pie on whether some other film cracks the top 5 this summer?
    Crickets.jpg