Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

As an aside...

How is "doting" the right word in this discussion? I think I understand what you're debating - but did the meaning of doting evolve (away from implying affection) over the last few decades?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    How is "doting" the right word in this discussion? I think I understand what you're debating - but did the meaning of doting evolve (away from implying affection) over the last few decades?
    Not to my knowledge. I don't think it's the right word. Harping is closer to the intended meaning, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Not to my knowledge. I don't think it's the right word. Harping is closer to the intended meaning, I think.
    Didn't Harping play for Georgia Tech? I always liked his game...

"ohhhhh... nevermind...."
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Why this endless doting on UNC and its former players in the NBA? Most of them (but not all) are good guys once they change unis, and many are friends with their Duke contemporaries.
    I will n see them as good guys, once they wear that ugly light blue cheater uni. It was that way in the past but not it's worse because the current crop of UNCheat players chose to go to UNCheat after the cheating became known. "Good guys" don't go cheat when they know. I hope every UNCheat player misses every shot they ever take at any level right down to throwing wadded up trash into a waste basket. And yes, it is disappointing that Duke players befriend those cheaters.

GSW game just started, and Quinn didn't get the start. Andre Iguodala starts. Bummer..but I get get it. AI plays good defense.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    GSW game just started, and Quinn didn't get the start. Andre Iguodala starts. Bummer..but I get get it. AI plays good defense.
    He's in the game now...and has scored the first (of many) Duke points in the playoffs!

It’s very simple
    Once they go and wear the shameful blue
    I do not root for players, coaches and others that went to Uncch
    If they are on a team I like I still hope they perform
    Poorly.
    Uncch always deserves being over looked or unfairly
    Dissed
    I feel better

Thank you

In fairly surprising development, Quinn also got the first Duke BLOCK of the playoffs.

I'm so glad the Dubs signed Quinn. It's nice to have a good reason to root for the Warriors, because they are damn good! I always wanted to like them because Durant has been so complimentary of K, but I just couldn't like them when they had Barnes and JMM (even on their bench).

I don't follow the NBA at all until the playoffs start, and I've never really had a team. I root for teams with Dukies and against teams with Cheat players. It's as good of a reason as any other when you don't have a team.

Go Warriors! Sweep Danny Green.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I'm so glad the Dubs signed Quinn. It's nice to have a good reason to root for the Warriors, because they are damn good! I always wanted to like them because Durant has been so complimentary of K, but I just couldn't like them when they had Barnes and JMM (even on their bench).

I don't follow the NBA at all until the playoffs start, and I've never really had a team. I root for teams with Dukies and against teams with Cheat players. It's as good of a reason as any other when you don't have a team.

Go Warriors! Sweep Danny Green.
    Well, there you go! I've found that almost any NBA playoff series can be entertaining to watch if you can find an angle to root for one team or the other. And, like you, I've found Dukies vs Heels to be as good as any.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Well, there you go! I've found that almost any NBA playoff series can be entertaining to watch if you can find an angle to root for one team or the other. And, like you, I've found Dukies vs Heels to be as good as any.
    And it's all in good fun. I'm sure most of these Cheat players are good guys and I have nothing against them. But Elvis14 said it best, I'm rooting for even every wastebasket trash they throw to miss! Loved that line but couldn't spork.

And thanks Trouble for the very helpful NBA Playoffs guide of who I'm going to root for! You were spot on.
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 04-14-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Not just a darn minute. It was my post, and I meant, somewhat jocularly, "doting on" as in "showing love to."

Kindly,
    Sage Grouse
    'Martha:"...it's less... 'abstruse.'" George: "Abstract." Martha: "ABSTRUSE! In the sense of 'recondite.' Don't tell me words."'
    Last edited by sagegrouse; 04-14-2018 at 05:12 PM.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    And it's all in good fun. I'm sure most of these Cheat players are good guys and I have nothing against them. But Elvis14 said it best, I'm rooting for even every wastebasket trash they throw to miss! Loved that line but couldn't spork.

And thanks Trouble for the very helpful NBA Playoffs guide of who I'm going to root for! You were spot on.
    Covered the spread, err, sporks for you .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Good gosh the 76ers are fun to watch, even without Embiid!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    JJ on fire. Their Euro bench can shoot the ball and Simmons can pass the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post

And fun night for JJ, particularly, as high point man for the 76ers.

Even though Miami lost I loved Winslow’s toughness and leadership.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by westwall View Post
    And fun night for JJ, particularly, as high point man for the 76ers.
    you'd never know it, if you only saw ESPN's game recap.
    anti-Duke bias? Maybe. More likely, Simmons sells.
    (not mutually exclusive)

Quinn wired.

Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc