Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    Kids who have given no idication they are leaving have to confirm they are staying now?
    No, but it would be nice, since he could conceivably enter his name (and Coach K specifically noted during the season that Marques could go pro after the season).

Good luck Wendell.

It's all in Bolden's hands now. He's got a clear path to 26+ minutes per game, 13 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, and hearing his name called in the first round next year. And he'll have Javin pushing him hard for more minutes at the 5 if he's not ready to step up. If Tre Jones is 80% the player of his big brother, and I expect he is, then this team will have a great shot at the Final 4.

Good luck Wendell. You were a class act all the way.

So happy for Carter. I think he’s an interesting NBA player as the game changes at lightning speed away from the classic big man in the post. He is not super athletic and mobile but enough skill to make it up. He’s so smart. Really hope for and expect the best!

It seems like we need a separate thread for Bolden. His name is all over these boards right now as such a key player. I think his game has a chance at being the most refined post player that we’ve had in along time. Mason probably, albeit very different players. But his ability to offensive rebound, defend with size, hedge on pick and rolls, that jump hook and occasional 8 footers is really interesting. I can’t recall where I heard K talking about it, probably on his radio show, about not wanting to play 7 footers huge minutes. However, I think Bolden at 20 to 24 mins a game with small ball (death lineup) with Zion at the “five” gets me really excited. Javin and AOC playing key minutes in spots. That team doesn’t suck. So much depends on outside shooting, especially Jones and Cam.

Welp

So much for that coed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon View Post
    I think Bolden at 20 to 24 mins a game with small ball (death lineup) with Zion at the “five” gets me really excited.
    What is the ‘death’ lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    What is the ‘death’ lineup?
    I think the Warriors play a lineup without a traditional big in which all 5 guys can shoot and it is lethal to the opposition. I think the hypothetical Duke lineup with Williamson at center and one guy who can kinda shoot should hereby be referred to as the minor discomfort lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I think the Warriors play a lineup without a traditional big in which all 5 guys can shoot and it is lethal to the opposition. I think the hypothetical Duke lineup with Williamson at center and one guy who can kinda shoot should hereby be referred to as the minor discomfort lineup.
    The other part about the Death lineup is that everyone can switch (except Curry) everything as the other 4 guys in the lineup (Dray, Klay, KD, and Iggy) can guard any other player on the floor allowing them to switch screens effortlessly and making it difficult for the opposition to find mismatches.

A Duke lineup with Tre (he would not switch as much), Cam, RJ, Javin, and Zion would be able to do this kind of switching.

-Jason "will be interesting to see what K does on D with these guys... I bet we see a lot less zone" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

^ I would think our death lineup would feature Alex in place of Javin. Tre, Barrett, Alex, Reddish, Zion would have a ton of firepower, we could spread all five guys around the perimeter and then whoever had a favorable matchup can take their man one on one. Rebounding would be a big concern, we’d need for all five guys to buy in on crashing the boards. But it’d be fun as heck to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    ^ I would think our death lineup would feature Alex in place of Javin. Tre, Barrett, Alex, Reddish, Zion would have a ton of firepower, we could spread all five guys around the perimeter and then whoever had a favorable matchup can take their man one on one. Rebounding would be a big concern, we’d need for all five guys to buy in on crashing the boards. But it’d be fun as heck to watch!
    Even a moderate-to-severe infection lineup needs excellent defense.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Even a moderate-to-severe infection lineup needs excellent defense.
    And therein lies the distinction: the Warriors death lineup is so good because it is both excellent defensively and has excellent perimeter offense. I don't yet see five guys on Duke next year who can replicate that (relative) level of excellence on both ends of the floor.

Is it possible that the time has come to close this thread?

It just sorta makes me sad now.