New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Eastern NC folks, get your art on in May!

For anyone close enough to New Bern the weekend of May 5th/6th, come soak up the cultural atmosphere of our city. Way back in the summer at a tailgate, a friend (Cheermom on the boards) told me about an artists' studio tour she was going on in Raleigh. Even though they are common, I'd not heard of them, and I knew New Bern didn't have one, but I also knew it was a great idea and we needed it.
    Long story short, after enlisting the help of creative friends, it is happening in a month! We are having our maps printed this week, and radio ads will be popping up on the local airwaves soon. Almost 50 artists are involved, showing both in their own studios and hub centers around town.

This is the weekend before Mother's day, and mom loves art!
    The link is a feature that will be in our paper tomorrow. (Pay no attention to the hippie in the socks. It was cold that day.)

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/201803...ts-studio-tour

TourCardFrontWeb.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Good luck, Chris! Hopefully the studio tour is a great success.
    Bob Green

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    This looks so cool! Good luck, Chris. I hope all the hard work pays off.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Where's the like button?

We have these kind of tours in my area at least twice a year. I know they're happening on Saturday morning when I venture out of my neighborhood and start seeing the signs of the ones that are in my midst. Great way to meet some fascinating people.
    Last edited by BigWayne; 03-31-2018 at 02:20 AM. Reason: grammar

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    We have these kind of tours in my area at least twice a year. I know they're happening on Saturday morning when I venture out of my neighborhood and start seeing the signs of the ones that are in my midst. Great way to meet some fascinating people.
    Happily, I had help from artists that had moved to New Bern from other areas that also had tours and had worked on them. Their input was invaluable. This will be an annual event, and you know what they say about first impressions. When I was in the early stages of organizing it, people would ask "How many artists are going to sign up?" and I would very optimistically answer that we'd have at least two dozen. Knowing that we have over twice that is amazing, just as is knowing there are probably at least another 20 or more who could participate and hopefully will next year. It never ceases to blow my mind the amount of talented artists that we have in our small city.

The ironic drawback for me is that I won't be able to enjoy the tour myself, since I'll be in my studio in the Sanctuary Gallery, hosting 4 other artists with me. I'll have to experience the rest of the tour through photos and videos that others take.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Oooh, less than a week to go!
    Our signs are out, our radio ads are out, and LOTS of maps are available at plenty of locations around town. We also have a website, with more info.

www.neuseriverartists.com

So looking forward to this weekend, and also looking forward to waking up to a stress free Monday, knowing I get to take a break for a few months until I start working on doing it again next year.

Living with great art has truly enriched my life! I spend a few hours, every week, getting lost in my art and letting my mind be free. My art journey has opened the doors to great friends, experiences, and events.

IMO, Chris has great talent and his work is a true bargain.