Thread: Food Storage

Food Storage

I often have questions about how long foods will last in various types of storage. My question of the day is: How long will anchovy stuffed olives stay good after opening the can? Anyone have any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    I often have questions about how long foods will last in various types of storage. My question of the day is: How long will anchovy stuffed olives stay good after opening the can? Anyone have any idea?
    Assuming the anchovies are pickled or salted, I imagine they would last a long time.

rice will last a while sealed.brown oily rice lasts less than dry .

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Why on earth would anyone want to save an anchovy stuffed olive?! That olive is long past saving. Poor lil' feller.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Looks like you have a very interesting life. That is a great question. I'll bring a handle of Tito's vodka that I have in my freezer.

Who is bringing the snacks?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Why on earth would anyone want to save an anchovy stuffed olive?! That olive is long past saving. Poor lil' feller.
    Good question! My thought was that it would be just as good 10 years after it was opened, in my opinion, since I question whether it was any good when it was first opened. (I don't like olives and am not really a fan of anchovies.)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Good question! My thought was that it would be just as good 10 years after it was opened, in my opinion, since I question whether it was any good when it was first opened. (I don't like olives and am not really a fan of anchovies.)
    That's funny, I was thinking that makes an acceptable Friday-during-Lent pizza.