Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 69, Syracuse 65 (NCAA Sw16) Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Survive and advance...On to the Elite 8. Let’s Go Duke!

Wins are wins. Move on and hope shots fall Sunday.

Thank you Gary.

5. I'm looking forward to splashing every 3-point shot vs. Kansas and reverting back to the mean.

(Please Lord.)

Gary Trent Jr. has ***** the size of boulders. He is that dude.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Gary Trent Jr. has ***** the size of boulders. He is that dude.
    I couldn't agree more with this, especially since, for most of the night, he didn't have his shot.

Also, Wendell Carter Jr. is the man - He's the reason we won.

G
    R
    I
    N
    D

....and Advance

Whew.

The jacket was the difference....
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

My anxiety level was through the roof.

Thank you for making those free throws, Mr. Trent.

Not the game I expected.

I'm coming' to join you, 'lisibeth!

I'm just dumbfounded on how poor the offensive decision making was in the second half. They made so many good efforts to get inside in the first, and even when they struggled to execute, they ran the right stuff. They just abandoned that to jack nba threes without the ball ever getting closer than 18 feet in entire possessions. And every time they did drive or pas to the post they got great looks, only to jack three more nba threes. And normally, the bad decisions fall to duval, and while he did shoot a couple early in the half, it was really Allen and Trent that settled without trying to look inside, despite the massive success when they did.

If we can just make good decisions on offense, we showed just how great we can be. Fortunately, they made just enough good offensive decisions today to get away with the bad ones.

Gary Trent didn't even look alive in a very good way on those last free throws, despite the refs best efforts to ice him to check .4 seconds.
    Last edited by SCMatt33; 03-24-2018 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    I'm just dumbfounded on how poor the offensive decision making was in the second half. They made so many good efforts to get inside in the first, and even when they struggled to execute, they ran the right stuff. They just abandoned that to jack nba threes without the ball ever getting closer than 18 feet spin entire possessions. And every time they did drive or pas to the post they got great looks, only to jack three more nba threes. And normally, the bad decisions fall to duval, and while he did shoot a couple early in the half, it was really Allen and Trent that settled without trying to look inside, despite the massive success when they did.

If we can just make good decisions on offense, we showed just how great we can be. Fortunately, they made just enough good offensive decisions today to get away with the bad ones.

Gary Trent didn't even look alive in a very good way on those last free throws, despite the refs best efforts to ice him to check .4 seconds.
    I'm no defensive guru, but I think Syracuse packed it in more and took some of those opportunities away in the second half.

Boy, they really found the seem in our zone with Dolezaj hitting those short jumpers. If the game lasted 5 more minutes I think we would have been in trouble.

I'll definitely take this one. I'm optimistic we'll play better (more in rhythm offensively) against Kansas.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm no defensive guru, but I think Syracuse packed it in more and took some of those opportunities away in the second half.
    It wasn't any diffent than the first half, but we forced the ball in there in the first half and got to the line. Refs had a pretty tight whistle in the lane and the fact that we got to the bonus so early in the first, and they had to give multiple fouls to get us to the bonus in the second half tells you all you need to know about our efforts to attack the rim in the second half.

Win pretty, win ugly. Just win, baby.

Need better shot selection and jumpers Sunday. Relying on 25 foot threes not a winning strategy

Quote Originally Posted by kaufmjo View Post
    Need better shot selection and jumpers Sunday. Relying on 25 foot threes not a winning strategy
    It'll be much easier to score against Kansas. They don't play a stifling zone.

Survive and advance!

Wow, a chalk region and the east is almost chalk as well.

Bring on Kansas!

Syracuse shot better than Duke, 49% to 39%. The difference in the game was Duke's zone forcing 16 turnovers to Duke's 7 turnovers (didn't it seem like more?).