Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    O'Connell's brother Shawn just announced that he is leaving Georgia Southern and seeking a grad transfer. I don't think he'll get a scholly from Duke, but I do wonder if we'll see him as a walk on.
    He's 6-8, 210. But he averaged around 3 ppg at Georgia Southern.

So, he might be useful as a walk-on. But I can't imagine he's get a scholarship.

Should Reid Travis decide to take advantage of the graduate transfer rule I would imagine he might draw some interest from Duke (especially if Bolden leaves or EJ Montgomery decides to go elsewhere). A good, experienced big man could prove invaluable with such a young team. That is a lot of ifs but I would not totally rule it out.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    Should Reid Travis decide to take advantage of the graduate transfer rule I would imagine he might draw some interest from Duke (especially if Bolden leaves or EJ Montgomery decides to go elsewhere). A good, experienced big man could prove invaluable with such a young team. That is a lot of ifs but I would not totally rule it out.
    Travis makes a lot of sense, if it weren't for the fact that this would be the most blatant example of "recruiting over another player". Which we all know Duke doesn't do . Joking aside, it would take Bolden leaving AND Monty not coming to attract a really good talent like Travis.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Danny Hurley needs to go recruit the 3 best Pitt transfers. Then he gets the best players both schools have and they don't have to play in the ACC. That would be a slick move.