Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Quinn-sanity!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/...018-19-season/

Cook is continuing to work hard. 6% body fat is amazing.

I hope he works on his defensive footwork and foot speed. His size will always be an issue. But if he can get to the spot before the attacker, he will have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/...018-19-season/

Cook is continuing to work hard. 6% body fat is amazing.

I hope he works on his defensive footwork and foot speed. His size will always be an issue. But if he can get to the spot before the attacker, he will have a chance.
    His D footwork paid off in the play against Chris Paul...it's a shame that Paul got hurt, but Q was perfect on that play, leaving Paul totally out of position...and who knows, it may have saved their season. It appears to me Paul expected to beat Quinn, and when he didn't, Paul stuck his leg out trying to fake a foul. It did not end well for him....but the point being excellent D by Q on that play.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    His D footwork paid off in the play against Chris Paul...it's a shame that Paul got hurt, but Q was perfect on that play, leaving Paul totally out of position...and who knows, it may have saved their season. It appears to me Paul expected to beat Quinn, and when he didn't, Paul stuck his leg out trying to fake a foul. It did not end well for him...but the point being excellent D by Q on that play.
    I am not piling on Cook - everybody in the NBA constantly needs to up their game. He played Paul well there, but it was a single play. There were a lot of others during the season that needed work. I'm sure he knows that.

I am not piling on Cook - everybody in the NBA constantly needs to up their game. He played Paul well there, but it was a single play. There were a lot of others during the season that needed work. I'm sure he knows that.
    I went to one Warriors game this season (late regular season) and it was pretty obvious that when Quinn was in the game the Pelicans hunted him on D, every time. He did ok, but it's pretty clear that he's a relative liability on D. However, he played great on offense, and the crowd ADORES him. The team and coaching staff also clearly love him as a player and person. Which leads to a great moment after the Warriors won this year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...err/111181742/

Oh I never thought you were...and I am not making the case he's an overall good D player in the NBA yet...but he did show the ability to put a strong lock down on a great player in a big moment. I would assume that means his hard work on D is starting to pay off, even as there's a long way to go. My comment was almost in irony...that an offensive oriented player like Cook might have made the biggest play of his career to date on the D end...very paradoxical.