Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Quinn-sanity!

Quinn-sanity!

I’m coining the term now. Our man has scored 20+ points in three straight games starting for the injured Curry. Draymond Green had a great sound bite, said he couldn’t believe this guy was on a two-way contract playing mostly in the G league. What a testament to his hard work and never giving up on himself. If he doesn’t get a guaranteed contract next season, every GM should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I’m coining the term now. Our man has scored 20+ points in three straight games starting for the injured Curry. Draymond Green had a great sound bite, said he couldn’t believe this guy was on a two-way contract playing mostly in the G league. What a testament to his hard work and never giving up on himself. If he doesn’t get a guaranteed contract next season, every GM should be fired.
    Good catch, thanks for posting this!

i dig it...and will be using it...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Along those lines, more people are getting on board: http://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/3/...state-warriors

Quote Originally Posted by fraggler View Post
    Along those lines, more people are getting on board: http://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/3/...state-warriors
    Wow, do Quinn's jumpshots EVER even touch rim?! Smooth... (Yes, I did see one that touched, but man, that jumper looks awesome). Great to see him crushing it!

Looked it up, and for the first two games, Quinn shot 70% (on 30 shots) from the field, including 72% from 3! Yowza...(yes, I purposely excluded his worse performance against the Spurs).
    Last edited by Bluedog; 03-20-2018 at 09:25 PM.

I couldn't be happier for his success. He's worked so hard to get this shot and is making the most of it. He's definitely earned this opportunity.

Cook is one of those guys like Nolan Smith and Amile Jefferson. They just won me over with their relentless positive attitude, effort, and development over the course of their career. I think Javin is going to be a player like that. Once he starts figuring out how to handle himself on the offensive side of the court, the sky is the limit.

I think Curry's been Wally Pipped.

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    I think Curry's been Wally Pipped.
    LOL! Well, maybe not. Can't Q and C play together in the same back court? Dawkins and Amaker, for example!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

A lot of the people commenting on this don't understand the 2 way contract rules. Until Quinn gets to 45 days total of time with the GS squad, there is no benefit to him or the team to change his contract. He gets paid at NBA rate for every day he is there on top of his $75K 2 way contract rate. Once he gets to 45 days, then they have to move him onto the main roster. If they move him to the main roster before 45 days, it means they have to cut another guy to make space, without any benefit to Quinn.

Draymond drives me crazy most of the time but the guy has been out spoken several times about how impactful Quinn has been. I dig this story of perseverance, just dig it.
    The ceiling is the roof

I’m coining the term now.
    I've been following his performance each game with much delight and Jeremy Lin was exactly the person who I was thinking about when watching Quinn.

Thanks for coining the phrase!
    Last edited by HK Dukie; 03-21-2018 at 01:43 AM. Reason: quotation brackets

A question to which I do not admittedly know the answer. Did Quinn ever score 20+ for three games in a row while at Duke?

this isn't the same guy that played for duke....he's a full grown man now...he's mad excellent use of his time in the G...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by porkpa View Post
    A question to which I do not admittedly know the answer. Did Quinn ever score 20+ for three games in a row while at Duke?
    On 2/18, 2/22, and 2/25 in 2015 (UNC, Clemson, Va Tech) Quinn scored 22, 27, and 26 points. By the way, the first and third of those games went to OT and Quinn played all 45 minutes. The middle one was more restful for him, he only played 39 out of 40 minutes because Duke won that game by 22 points.

-Jason "a piece of me hates that 2015 is largely remembered for the uber-talented freshmen. Quinn was a mega-stud and a leader that year" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "a piece of me hates that 2015 is largely remembered for the uber-talented freshmen. Quinn was a mega-stud and a leader that year" Evans
    Totally agree. He was the incumbent senior point guard and voluntarily stepped aside and moved to the 2 so that Tyus could run the team. Not a lot of players would do that. The famous game we won at UVA was a perfect microcosm of how he never got enough attention: everybody remembers Tyus’s big three to seal the game, but it was actually Quinn’s three on the previous possession that won the game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    this isn't the same guy that played for duke...he's a full grown man now...he's mad excellent use of his time in the G...
    A great testament to the fact that a college senior shouldn’t be considered a finished product with no room to grow. Seth Curry has followed a similar path, grinding it out in the D/G league for years before getting his shot.

Quote Originally Posted by porkpa View Post
    Porkpa -- Jason got the answer. But it's easy to find --

http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketball-m/seasons/

Then click "Player Database" and look up the player. Then under "Cook's Links" find "Game Logs." Easy-peasy. Even a UNC player could do it.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    On 2/18, 2/22, and 2/25 in 2015 (UNC, Clemson, Va Tech) Quinn scored 22, 27, and 26 points. By the way, the first and third of those games went to OT and Quinn played all 45 minutes. The middle one was more restful for him, he only played 39 out of 40 minutes because Duke won that game by 22 points.

Oh, I think Quinn gets a lot of love and respect for that season. And I've always said that the special thing about that team is that you could reasonably make the case for any one of 4 players (Justise, Tyus, Quinn, Jahlil) as being the best player on that team. They were all fantastic, and it just depends on what aspect of basketball you emphasize the most.

This 2018 team is very good, but it doesn't quite have the star power of that team. I think only Wendell and Marvin belong in the conversation with those 4. Grayson, Gary, and Trevon are a notch below.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    this isn't the same guy that played for duke...he's a full grown man now...he's mad excellent use of his time in the G...
    also, mad excellent is a great phrase to have coined on accident!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    also, mad excellent is a great phrase to have coined on accident!
    I often see typos or missing coding and go into posts and fix it to make the boards easier to read. I saw the "mad excellent" mistake and said, "nope, I'm not fixing that one. That is a typo that makes things even better!"
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?