Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Add in NC State's Yurtseven who is either going pro or transfer. There's a thread about his decision. GoDuke!

very little known fact: Yurtseven's great grandfather lived in a village with many yurts, and his was the seventh from the river, hence the last name. This is why we have an internet.

He could be the go to guy at Pitt.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Young tall athletic guy from Europe thinks Raleigh, North Carolina isn't the apotheosis of living? That's weird.

So, Yurt's-leavin' and Deandre Ayt'n stayin.

A few updates so I wanted to put out a complete list at the moment:

Gone, w/agent:

DeAndre Ayton, AZ
    Trae Young, OU
    Mo Bamba, TX
    De'Anthony Melton, USC (So Cal)

Going, wo/agent:

Allonzo Trier, AZ
    Jalen McDaniels, SDSU
    Tyler Cook, IA
    Josh Okogie, GT
    Jon Davis, Charlotte
    Chris Silva, USC (South Cackalacky)
    Deng Adel, Louisville
    Ray Spalding, Louisville
    Lindell Wigginton, Iowa State
    Justin Wright-Foreman, Hofstra
    Omer Yurtseven, NCSU
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Young tall athletic guy from Europe thinks Raleigh, North Carolina isn't the apotheosis of living? That's weird.
    I've spent a fair amount of time in Bulgaria and Turkey. Raleigh is not bad.

Is there any hope Cam Johnson goes pro? I really don’t want to lose to UNC twice again next year :/

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Not for Yurtseven. I believe he faced threats for criticizing Erdogan.
    That was Enes Kanter.

(Although maybe Yurtseven did the same thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Is there any hope Cam Johnson goes pro? I really don’t want to lose to UNC twice again next year :/
    Sure, there's a chance. A bunch of prospects each year will test the waters (i.e. declare without an agent) to work out and play in front of NBA personnel and receive hands-on feedback, and I'd be surprised if he weren't one of them. Hopefully he shines.

As for matching up with UNC next season, from what I can tell, Roy seems likely to go back to a two-big offense. And Duke has a chance to be more perimeter-based and play our more usual 4-out-1-in type offense, so the matchup advantage should swing back to Duke. This was maybe a one year blip where Duke played more like UNC typically does and UNC played more like Duke typically does.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    According to my UNC friends there's a chance he goes. He's already graduated and has been in college for four years. If he stays another year there's some things he could improve, but it probably won't make a huge difference in terms of his draft stock. If he leaves it might be for the NBA, Europe, or whatever else he wants to do with his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Sure, there's a chance. A bunch of prospects each year will test the waters (i.e. declare without an agent) to work out and play in front of NBA personnel and receive hands-on feedback, and I'd be surprised if he weren't one of them. Hopefully he shines.

As for matching up with UNC next season, from what I can tell, Roy seems likely to go back to a two-big offense. And Duke has a chance to be more perimeter-based and play our more usual 4-out-1-in type offense, so the matchup advantage should swing back to Duke. This was maybe a one year blip where Duke played more like UNC typically does and UNC played more like Duke typically does.
    There is also the issue that we had an injury to one of the two guys we couldn’t play without in one of those games, and got absolutely demolished while he was getting his ankle retaped.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    very little known fact: Yurtseven's great grandfather lived in a village with many yurts, and his was the seventh from the river, hence the last name. This is why we have an internet.

Wait! I'm pretty sure his last name was Yurtsixten when he was a HS frosh, and Yurtsixeleven as a junior. That summer he grew an inch and became Yurtseven.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    There is also the issue that we had an injury to one of the two guys we couldn’t play without in one of those games, and got absolutely demolished while he was getting his ankle retaped.
    Bagley also got hurt sometime during the first game against them, though it is unknown whether it affected his play.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Wow, this is a surprise, he must be unhappy for some reason. He's either going pro, or transferring.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/sophomo...sfer/17432291/
    Honestly, I do not think very highly of Yurtseven. He was playing in Turkey for Fenerbahce who was investing in him a lot, a team I follow very well and they were European Champions. The coach being one of the legends of the world, Obradovic - he is basically the coach K of European basketball, a legend.
    When Yurtseven left Fenerbahce, he did it under circumstances that really upset Obradovic, leaving the team when there were lots of injuries, and when the team was investing in him, in the middle of the seaon and when the team really needed him. Obradovic was really working on him, giving him minutes and paying special attention, in the best team in Europe at that time. He really hurt and upset Obradovic who is normally a very gentlemanly guy. He left without a warning, knowing the team was at a very critical junction and needed players with so many injuries. So to me, that speaks volumes of his character. As Obradovic says, Omer only thinks of himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSMt...ature=youtu.be
    4:58
    "He only thinks of himself, for him team does not exist"
    To hear that from a legend... Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    Wait! I'm pretty sure his last name was Yurtsixten when he was a HS frosh, and Yurtsixeleven as a junior. That summer he grew an inch and became Yurtseven.
    Yurt means country in Turkish. So kind of like someone who loves his country.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Really interesting. If Tech is to be relevant in the ACC, they need him back. He's on the NBA radar, probably a mid-2nd rounder depending on how he does at the Portsmouth camp.
    Portsmouth camp (PIT) is only for seniors and not underclassmen. So his stock will be largely determined by the NBA Combine in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    That was Enes Kanter.

(Although maybe Yurtseven did the same thing.)
    Yup, Enes is a supporter of Fethullah Gulen who used to run things behind the scenes in Turkey (boxes and boxes of money were found in one government ministers house for example) with Erdogan but then they had a falling out. So now, anybody Turkish government does not like (seculars, anti-Erdogan, Gulen supporters) etc are being accused of being of the FETO organization (short for Fethullah) and put in jail with no trial. That is why Enes was almost detained in Romania. I am not a fan of Enes either, but he was a crazy good player. Also from Fenerbahce. He left despite a contract and Fenerbahce got mad and sent in the paymetn stubs to NCAA so he got penalized.

Quote Originally Posted by evrim View Post
    Yup, Enes is a supporter of Fethullah Gulen who used to run things behind the scenes in Turkey (boxes and boxes of money were found in one government ministers house for example) with Erdogan but then they had a falling out. So now, anybody Turkish government does not like (seculars, anti-Erdogan, Gulen supporters) etc are being accused of being of the FETO organization (short for Fethullah) and put in jail with no trial. That is why Enes was almost detained in Romania. I am not a fan of Enes either, but he was a crazy good player. Also from Fenerbahce. He left despite a contract and Fenerbahce got mad and sent in the paymetn stubs to NCAA so he got penalized.
    Are Enes and Kerem Kanter(UW-GB, then grad year at Xavier this season)related?
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Are Enes and Kerem Kanter(UW-GB, then grad year at Xavier this season)related?
    Brothers.