This Week in the ACC: Postseason Week 2

One ACC team remains in the NIT and 4 are left in the big dance. Here's a quick rundown of the pre-weekend schedule:

Tuesday
    [31]Louisville (-4)* hosts [60]Mississippi State (9:00, ESPN)

*This almost certainly undersells it. Despite the game being at the Yum! Center, Pomeroy lists it as "semi-home" for Louisville, rather than "home." Treating it as a home game probably bumps the spread up to -5 or -6.

Thursday
    [30]Florida State (+6) vs. [7]Gonzaga in Los Angeles (10:07, TBS)

Friday
    [14]Clemson (+1) vs. [9]Kansas in Omaha (7:07, CBS)
    [3]Duke (-10) vs. [44]Syracuse in Omaha (9:37, CBS)
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    *This almost certainly undersells it. Despite the game being at the Yum! Center, Pomeroy lists it as "semi-home" for Louisville, rather than "home." Treating it as a home game probably bumps the spread up to -5 or -6.
    Have people actually been showing up to the games? Could make a difference in home-court advantage.

Louisville is getting blown out at home by Mississippi St. Won't make the NIT semis in New York.

I should probably cross-post this in the Coaching Carousel thread.

At least two ACC teams will keep playing on the weekend. Here's the first.

Saturday
    [26]Florida State (+4) vs. [7]Michigan in Los Angeles (8:49, TBS)

At least two ACC teams will keep playing on the weekend. Here's the first.

Saturday
    [26]Florida State (+4) vs. [7]Michigan in Los Angeles (8:49, TBS)
    Here's hoping it is 3 ACC teams playing on the weekend!

Does anyone have a sense of the timing for Sunday's games? Night like Saturday's, or old-school "done in time for 60 Minutes"?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Does anyone have a sense of the timing for Sunday's games? Night like Saturday's, or old-school "done in time for 60 Minutes"?
    My guess would be one game in the 5-6 range and the other in the 7:30-8:30 range.

Last year the Sunday games were at 2:20 and 5:05. Not sure if that will carry over this year.

Last year the Sunday games were at 2:20 and 5:05. Not sure if that will carry over this year.
    According to my Spectrum DVR schedule, you are correct. 2:00 and 4:30. So after all the pregame stuff, the games will probably be 2:20-2:30 and 4:30-5:00. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    According to my Spectrum DVR schedule, you are correct. 2:00 and 4:30. So after all the pregame stuff, the games will probably be 2:20-2:30 and 4:30-5:00. GoDuke!
    That's what I'm afraid of . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Yea CBS info shows 2nd game around 5:15. Any betting odds on if we will be 1st game? If I recall the tines are up to CBS. If we’re playing, really hoping for 2:20.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Yea CBS info shows 2nd game around 5:15. Any betting odds on if we will be 1st game? If I recall the tines are up to CBS. If we’re playing, really hoping for 2:20.
    I'm with you in hoping for the first game. Our church service begins at 5:30pm with choir practice for our Easter program at 4:00pm. Either way, I'll miss some of the game. Our pastor is a big Duke fan, but that doesn't change a thing. Hoping The Lord is a Duke fan. GoDuke!

I'm with you in hoping for the first game. Our church service begins at 5:30pm with choir practice for our Easter program at 4:00pm. Either way, I'll miss some of the game. Our pastor is a big Duke fan, but that doesn't change a thing. Hoping The Lord is a Duke fan. GoDuke!
    Agree! If the pastor can’t move everything up, maybe show the game on side screens and weave the game into the sermon as neeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    That's what I'm afraid of . . . .
    Tip times are officially 2:20 and 5:05 for Sunday's games.

If we win tonight, I bet we are the 5:05 game
    If we win tonight and Kansas wins, I bet a lot of $$$ that we are the 5:05 game
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Hoping?

"Roy Williams, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven (a bit of a stretch here), God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded "u"nc flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity, Roy, said God. This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Roy felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a three-story mansion with a blue and gold sidewalk, 50-foot tall flagpole with an enormous Duke flag and, in every window, a Duke logo.

Roy looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was a good coach, I won 3 NCAA titles (not honestly, of course), 800+ games and I even got into the hall of fame. So why does Coach K get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Roy, that's not Coach K's house, it's mine!"
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.