View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in Duke's win over Rhode Island today?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wendell Carter

12 15.58%
  • Marvin Bagley

30 38.96%
  • Gary Trent

5 6.49%
  • Grayson Allen

20 25.97%
  • Trevon Duval

8 10.39%
  • Marques Bolden

0 0%
  • Javin Delaurier

1 1.30%
  • Alex O'Connell

0 0%
  • Jack White

1 1.30%
  • Jordan Goldwire

0 0%
  • Justin Robinson

0 0%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke v Rhode Island (NCAAT 2nd Round - Mar 17, 2018)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in Duke's win over Rhode Island today?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Duval with 7 assists and one turnover, even though he missed some conversions on the dribble drive.

Best TEAM effort so far this year, both sides of the court. No answer for Marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Best TEAM effort so far this year, both sides of the court. No answer for Marvin.
    This. This all day. When Trent shoots the most and we win by 20+, that’s a team effort. No hero ball. Unselfish play. Duval was a huge difference maker.

But to me, Carter was a man amonhs boys
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

This is kind of a irrelevant to this thread, but I think it's an interesting point.

I hate it when we take corner 3s. If we miss it, it always leads to a run out. We send so many people to the glass, and the shooter is the guy who is supposed to get back. it killed us against UNC a couple times, and in the first few minutes today, we gave up a run out.

Our transition D isn't very good, and missing a corner three is a disaster to us. It's the best shot in the game in the NBA because it's a shorter shot, but in college, it's the same distance. We have to take open shots, but we can't get dragged into ever taking contested 3s in the corner.

Player of the game was Wendell.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Jack White on general principles and for the slowest euro-step ever. Really a great team win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    This is kind of a irrelevant to this thread, but I think it's an interesting point.

I hate it when we take corner 3s. If we miss it, it always leads to a run out. We send so many people to the glass, and the shooter is the guy who is supposed to get back. it killed us against UNC a couple times, and in the first few minutes today, we gave up a run out.

Our transition D isn't very good, and missing a corner three is a disaster to us. It's the best shot in the game in the NBA because it's a shorter shot, but in college, it's the same distance. We have to take open shots, but we can't get dragged into ever taking contested 3s in the corner.

Player of the game was Wendell.
    Excellent point concerning the corner 3. It really hurts our floor balance.

I went with Trevon. Everyone keeps saying that we will only goes as far as Trevon takes us. We won, he must be the MOTM.

I went with Grayson for the unselfish way he played today. Hardly anyone mentions his defense this year, but he has played excellent defense in Duke's zone. No one is going to outhustle Grayson either. The in game announcers even mentioned it today. Glad he's a Duke Blue Devil. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by azzefkram View Post
    Jack White on general principles and for the slowest euro-step ever. Really a great team win.
    That was his ugliest move ever....

Consideration being given to Javelin Bolden for his () 29 minutes, 13 boards, 8 points and 6 PF performance off da bench.

But, ultimately voted for Duval for his 11pts/7A/1TO showing.

MB3 was excellent and GA had a good game, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Stat of the game: our starting "bigs" were 14 for 16 on field goals. Adding in Bolden and DeLaurier, we were 16 for 19.

I voted for Bagley.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I thought Trent did a great job today although there were many others who had excellent games.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    That was his ugliest move ever...
    And the announcers teased him a bit with "Layup for the graceful Jack White from Australia."

Wish I hadn't voted yet. I saw White and Goldwire both had perfect shooting nights and The Slim Reaper put up a 4 billion (or was it a 4 trillion-I lost count after six zeros?) in the box score. Elvis, help me with this one.

AOC: 4 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wish I hadn't voted yet. I saw White and Goldwire both had perfect shooting nights and The Slim Reaper put up a 4 billion (or was it a 4 trillion-I lost count after six zeros?) in the box score. Elvis, help me with this one.

AOC: 4 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

I don't know Doc, that's a lot of zeros. Maybe we should have voted for AOC just to send him good Karma.

In blowouts, I go for the "guy who was MOTM while the game was actually competitive"... which is Carter.