Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Played very well on offense. Our transition defense needs to get better....we were often slow getting back.

Nice, comfortable win. In the second half it looked like we mainly went to more of a 3-2 zone than the standard 2-3. I would guess that was a bit of a test run in case we need it for RI’s 3pt shooting. Let’s go beat the team in the pansy blue!

The Daily Panic / Bad Omen

Reminded me of 93....hit a ton of 3's and won first round by 35....couldn't throw it in the ocean and lost to Cal in round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I don't think that happened. At least I didn't see it. It looked like Marvin may have at one point, but he kept playing. It looked like no ill effects.
    just hope ankle is ok... took a few hops - was that the same ankle as in unc game?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Reminded me of 93...hit a ton of 3's and won first round by 35...couldn't throw it in the ocean and lost to Cal in round 2.
    Did we have overwhelming size and talent advantage on the inside? If so, pack it up flocks. Show's over.

Wait I meant to write:

It's over.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Reminded me of 93...hit a ton of 3's and won first round by 35...couldn't throw it in the ocean and lost to Cal in round 2.
    Rhode Island doesn't have Jason Kidd...
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Unfortunately, the game was blacked out in my area (90 miles south of Pittsburgh).

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    But they have Fats Domino . . . er, I mean, Fatts Russell.

I wish he was their coach. Those Hurley guys can coach em up and one was a pretty good point guard for a pretty good team. GoDuke!

5 thoughts...

1. Duval's shooting game was surprisingly good. I wonder if Duke can count on it though. The law of averages says that he's now due for a terrible one. I hope he keeps it up, still playing within himself.

2. Duval still looked to me to be slightly favoring the ankle at times. I wonder how it really is. Carter didn't have that great a game, but they didn't need him. To the point, he looked healthy to me.

3. I believe I had seen the 3-2 zone against Carolina once or twice. It tends to work better against 3-happy teams. Maybe we will see it Saturday.

4. The 3s were falling but I thought Duke still should have been dumping it inside due to the height advantage. Still, glad to see Trent shooting well.

5. For a blowout and given they will play again in 2 days, I was surprised the starters played so much. Allen, Bagley and Duval still had 30+ minutes. But as I always say, I trust in K.

Go Duke!

9F

I will resist the temptation to link back to old threads where I was lectured that Duval can't shoot threes and shouldnt be allowed to take them anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    5. For a blowout and given they will play again in 2 days, I was surprised the starters played so much. Allen, Bagley and Duval still had 30+ minutes. But as I always say, I trust in K.
    it's free practice time.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDevil View Post
    Was only able to listen to the Westwood One broadcast at work for a bit and heard mention of Duval taking a finger to the eye? With Scheyer's experience and Duval's eye history on my mind, can someone who watched confirm that this was not serious and won't be an issue going forward?
    Was also listening on Westwood One. Tell me, when a train is coming will it stop for your car?

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    5 thoughts...

1. Duval's shooting game was surprisingly good. I wonder if Duke can count on it though. The law of averages says that he's now due for a terrible one. I hope he keeps it up, still playing within himself.

2. Duval still looked to me to be slightly favoring the ankle at times. I wonder how it really is. Carter didn't have that great a game, but they didn't need him. To the point, he looked healthy to me.

3. I believe I had seen the 3-2 zone against Carolina once or twice. It tends to work better against 3-happy teams. Maybe we will see it Saturday.

4. The 3s were falling but I thought Duke still should have been dumping it inside due to the height advantage. Still, glad to see Trent shooting well.

Go Duke!

9F
    1. Hopefully if Duval isn't hitting early on Saturday then he goes back to driving and not shooting.

5. Duke hasn't played in a week, maybe Coach K was just trying to get their game legs back. I was in insane shape back in high school (we would do conditioning drills/exercises 3 hours a day before our 3 hour practice) and I could tell I wasn't in as good of game shape when we had 4+ day breaks. And then IF Duke should win on Saturday then they'll have another 5-6 day break until the next game. They should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by duke96 View Post
    I will resist the temptation to link back to old threads where I was lectured that Duval can't shoot threes and shouldnt be allowed to take them anymore...
    Duval had a great game. Let’s hope he can repeat it. Duke is hard to beat with that type of contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by duke96 View Post
    Someone else mentioned this, Trevon's form looked better today. I know form looks good when they go in, but he seemed squared up and had more arc on his shot. What impressed me was that he made them at the beginning of the game when there was game pressure on him. Along with his good shooting, he had 8 assists and only 4 turnovers. I hope he continues to play like this. GoDuke!

Or Lamond Murray, who really killed us in that game. 28 points on 11-17 shooting, including many made FGs with Grant or Tony Lang draped all over him.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...alifornia.html

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Was also listening on Westwood One. Tell me, when a train is coming will it stop for your car?
    Yes. After it drags your car a mile down the tracks.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Or Lamond Murray, who really killed us in that game. 28 points on 11-17 shooting, including many made FGs with Grant or Tony Lang draped all over him.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...alifornia.html
    Murray played eleven seasons in the NBA. Kidd was a hall-of-famer. Don't think the guys on Rhode Island--though they have some good players--are that level. So I wouldn't worry too much about the comparison to 1993 Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Yes, a mile down the track after it hit ya!