Former Duke QB Anthony Boone Files Suit on Auto Accident

Here's an update on the status of an auto accident injuring Anthony Boone in May 2016. The suit is against Carolina Panther LB Shaq Thompson, who apparently caused a head-on collision. Anthony played the 2015 season with Montreal in the CFL and has not played since.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Here's an update on the status of an auto accident injuring Anthony Boone in May 2016. The suit is against Carolina Panther LB Shaq Thompson, who apparently caused a head-on collision. Anthony played the 2015 season with Montreal in the CFL and has not played since.
    “Boone, who was not wearing a seatbelt, played the 2015 season for the CFL’s Montreal Alouettes but has not played football since. Thompson, who was wearing his seat belt, was not injured and continues to play outside linebacker for the Panthers.”

Lesson here? Always wear your seatbelt.

That detail might work against Boone in court.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    “Boone, who was not wearing a seatbelt, played the 2015 season for the CFL’s Montreal Alouettes but has not played football since. Thompson, who was wearing his seat belt, was not injured and continues to play outside linebacker for the Panthers.”

Sorry to hear that about Boone...I still remember his nearly 500 yards passing against Texas A&M in the Chick Fil-A Bowl. Yeah, he threw a bad interception late, but he was overall outstanding in that game....in some way, the best moment for Duke football....well, there's always 41-0 of course...

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post

This is almost certainly an insurance suit. While Thompson may be the nominal defendant, the real goal is likely to have his insurance company pay.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke