Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Carter Foot Injury, Out tomorrow?

Sure, Carter had a lot of weird fouls tonight but nobody knew he is also nursing a foot injury. That's not good. He may not play tomorrow against UNC. He needs to be healthy going into the real tourney or we've got issues...

Hope his foot is ok.

The ACC Tournament is not a real tournament. Glad to be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauerwas View Post
    Sure, Carter had a lot of weird fouls tonight but nobody knew he is also nursing a foot injury. That's not good. He may not play tomorrow against UNC. He needs to be healthy going into the real tourney or we've got issues...

Hope his foot is ok.
    He started the game tonight with the foot injury and none of us would have any idea that he has a foot issue unless K had said something in the post-game. I'm not that concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    The ACC Tournament is not a real tournament. Glad to be enlightened.
    It's not nearly as real as it used to be...and I didn't notice the Heels worried about losing it while they cut down the NCAAT nets...nor did I see Jah, Justice, Tyus, Quinn and the gang worry about it when they cut the nets down in 2015.

Is this confirmed or just an obnoxious title?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    It's not nearly as real as it used to be...and I didn't notice the Heels worried about losing it while they cut down the NCAAT nets...nor did I see Jah, Justice, Tyus, Quinn and the gang worry about it when they cut the nets down in 2015.
    Yeah, but by beating UNC and potentially UVA, Duke will likely get a 1 seed instead of a 2. And also perhaps a more favorable region/draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    Yeah, but by beating UNC and potentially UVA, Duke will likely get a 1 seed instead of a 2. And also perhaps a more favorable region/draw.
    Is it better to be the #1 seed out west or the #2 seed in the East or South?

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Is it better to be the #1 seed out west or the #2 seed in the East or South?
    This gets asked over and over and I don't know why since everybody seems to have already formed an immutable opinion.

I say you always want the 1-seed. The math is just too strong to ignore.

Approximately twice as many 1-seeds make the Final Four than 2-seeds, and nobody can convince me it's because 1-seeds are twice as good as 2-seeds.

The travel thing out west is a potential issue (I mean, you'd rather be a #1 in the East or South than West, sure) but the "Duke always loses out West" thing is a tiny sample anomaly that has not been reproduced by other eastern teams.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    The "Duke always loses out West" thing is a tiny sample anomaly that has not been reproduced by other eastern teams.
    Reversion to the mean? A degenerate gambler might say it’s time to double down on Duke in the West!

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    Reversion to the mean? A degenerate gambler might say it’s time to double down on Duke in the West!
    As long as Derrick Williams isn’t waiting for us, I’m in for #1 in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    As long as Derrick Williams isn’t waiting for us, I’m in for #1 in the West.
    Ayton is.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Is this confirmed or just an obnoxious title?
    K discussed it post-game. Very real.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Ayton is.
    Has Duke been torched by a big this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    I agree with that, and to me that's the only significance really. Also, there's a real debate on whether being a tired 1 or a rested 2 is the best recipe for NCAAT success. And apparently, Wendell needs the rest for sure.

It’s over. Casey Sanders ain’t walking through that door.

Is it time to start Vrank

I think we are better without Carter . . . just kidding.

A tentative hurting Carter is not as helpful to us as a healthy Delaurier or White or Bolden or O'Connell...all of whom could/will see more playing time if Carter is rested, which he should be.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this but have there been any updates on Bagley’s hand? They said during the game that he jammed his finger, and we saw the trainer taping it up. Not a huge deal but could affect his shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Not sure if this is the place to ask this but have there been any updates on Bagley’s hand? They said during the game that he jammed his finger, and we saw the trainer taping it up. Not a huge deal but could affect his shooting.
    I mean, he pretty much continued his domination after the injury. So I’m guessing he’s fine. And thankfully it was his his right hand, not his shooting hand.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block