Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke vs. cheating pond scum (3/9 9:00 pm ESPN) Pre-Game and In-Game Thread:

The rubber match awaits. I am optimistic about our chances. We our rounding into form quite nicely and unc looked vulnerable. i am a little worried about Cameron Johnson; he is bonafide.

9F again.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    i am a little worried about Cameron Johnson; he is bonafide.
    It's like they had another Justin Jackson come right into the lineup...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    9F again.
    One of you smart guys help an old man out! Wouldn't that be 9F to the 3rd?

UNC got to work against the Syracuse zone last night and looked great. Fortunately, we played ND, who tried the exact same offense that UNC ran against the ‘Cuse 2-3. We’ve seen it and stopped it. Twice.

We’re shooting well. Defending better and, we have this guy named Bagley.

Unless Berry gets uncorked against us, we got this.

This is similar to last year. Weaker UNC team with less rest against a stronger Duke team. I’m up for a win, but I’m also up for the inverse (UNC getting the ACC Champ and Duke Winning #6)

Quote Originally Posted by TNTDevil View Post
    One of you smart guys help an old man out! Wouldn't that be 9F to the 3rd?

UNC got to work against the Syracuse zone last night and looked great. Fortunately, we played ND, who tried the exact same offense that UNC ran against the ‘Cuse 2-3. We’ve seen it and stopped it. Twice.

We’re shooting well. Defending better and, we have this guy named Bagley.

Unless Berry gets uncorked against us, we got this.
    729F?

Quote Originally Posted by 84Duke View Post
    729F?
    LOL, IRL.

Well-played.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    This is similar to last year. Weaker UNC team with less rest against a stronger Duke team. I’m up for a win, but I’m also up for the inverse (UNC getting the ACC Champ and Duke Winning #6)
    uhhhh...i'm not sure I agree that was similar to last year. whether deserved or not, UNC was not overall weaker than duke.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    uhhhh...i'm not sure I agree that was similar to last year. whether deserved or not, UNC was not overall weaker than duke.
    I think the comparison was this year’s “weaker”/less rested UNC team to last year’s weaker/less rested Duke team. I had a similar thought.

Rubber match! I'm slightly worried about Carter but with Bolden and DeLaurier stepping up we will be okay.
    Bob Green

Duval could be the key. He has had a light bulb come on,though his reckless turnovers could lead to easy transition baskets for UNC. Trent Jr. has to step up to keep UNC defense schemes off balance. Bolden was stellar in last night's game. DeLaurier kept from fouling for a change. O'Connell gave us a boost. White we can count on for aggressive smart plays. I like our chances. UNC will want revenge bad. Duke needs to capitalize on any turnovers UNC makes. Bagley is phenomenal, but if he has an off game will somebody else pick up the slack.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Duval could be the key..
    IS the key. The key that unlocks Grayson and Marvin.

freaking Duke foot curse strikes again!

Gonna be a tough game without Carter. The Duke foot injury curse strikes again. Every. Single. Year. Geez.

The description (lack of specifics) of this injury has me very, very worried we may have seen Wendell’s last game at Duke. REALLY hoping that’s not the case, because we need him healthy for a few tourney run. We may be a first weekend team anyway, but our chances to win are much better with Wendell in the lineup. May your foot heal quickly, big guy!

foot vigil?

Just stopping in...

...to wish the Heels a most unpleasant trip to Hell.

#GODUKE

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    UNC is different - not necessarily weaker. There are not many teams out there that can beat them. Johnson is an excellent shooter and their bench is solid- but raw. UNC is fully capable of winning it all. UNC had a physical game so they may be more tired than Duke but they also have more experience with the pressure of a tourney. Will be an interesting game.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Duval could be the key. He has had a light bulb come on,though his reckless turnovers could lead to easy transition baskets for UNC. Trent Jr. has to step up to keep UNC defense schemes off balance. Bolden was stellar in last night's game. DeLaurier kept from fouling for a change. O'Connell gave us a boost. White we can count on for aggressive smart plays. I like our chances. UNC will want revenge bad. Duke needs to capitalize on any turnovers UNC makes. Bagley is phenomenal, but if he has an off game will somebody else pick up the slack.
    Duval had an in between game last night. He needs to avoid the TO's and he doesn't need to make the wow plays. He has tons of talent and can do it and his play is a key to our success.

We need Marvin and Grayson to both have good games in some way... duval is the way. To every one of the haters,
    when he’s off he’s off but when he’s on we win. Outside of him, others need to step it up... if Javin can force unc to at least pretend to guard him it will be a lot better. Also if bolden can keep hitting that 18ish footer he hit yesterday who knows what that will open up? No matter what, though, LGD GTGCGTH 9F 9F 9F

All of their starters played 30 plus minutes. Cool Hand Luke was 1-15. As good as we need everyone else to play, I think Trevon takes the slack up when he's playing well. We are just so much more versatile. We played a good defensive team that was very physical. If the refs would have taken Bonzi's tent and camp fire out of the lane, we would have held them to less points. We adjusted in the second half. He still scored, but it wasn't as easy. I think the same thing has to happen tonight. Clamp down on the wings, force Luke to make shots, and defend him aggressively. Grayson appears to be out of his shooting slump; I thought Gary was as well. We are playing very good basketball right now. AND WE'RE GOING TO GET BETTER.

Rest Carter. Maybe put him in at crunch time. Give Bolden 20+ minutes. Lets launch him and be that much deeper in the tournament. Let Carter heal.

I move that we replace “cheating losers” in the thread title with “cheating pond scum” as was the case last week in the MOTM thread. Three reasons:

1. It has a nicer ring to it
    2. I like consistnency and am a little superstitious, let’s stick with what we know works
    3. Current title is demeaning to losers everywhere

That is all.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block