Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Why don't they go even further with the reality TV aspect:

Teams are all packed and waiting to get on their bus/plane. Brackets are announced on Sunday at 6pm, and all 32 first round games take place at midnight that night in various gyms across America.

Your team got in? Great! Can you make it to Omaha in six hours for your match up against College of Charleston?

Must see TV!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Why don't they go even further with the reality TV aspect:

Teams are all packed and waiting to get on their bus/plane. Brackets are announced on Sunday at 6pm, and all 32 first round games take place at midnight that night in various gyms across America.

Your team got in? Great! Can you make it to Omaha in six hours for your match up against College of Charleston?

Must see TV!
    You could even have reality show "stars" date the players!

Oh wait, been there, done that.

Sorry Luke. Kudos on the major upgrade since then!

Injecting some sort of reality TV nonsense is the only way to go.

Otherwise, we're talking about 55 minutes of commercials for 5 minutes of information. What a complete waste of time to find the one or two teams that got an undeserved gift and the one or two teams that got hosed.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I would categorize the selection Sunday show as an awards show which puts it in a category of things I never watch. You can see the brackets online as soon as they are announced. I struggle to get one filled out before the games start. Mine always has Duke winning it all and UNC out before the Sweet 16 and then a lot of other ACC teams advancing farther than they actually make it. It’s formula for failure that has served me well.
    This is pretty much my bracket strategy exactly. I usually do surprisingly well in the first round (good at picking the early upsets) and ok in the second round. The wheels really start to come off around the Sweet 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I remember in the Dinosaur Days when the local rag would print a blank bracket and I will fill it in as it was announced on television, so I didn't have to wait for the full printed version in Monday's paper to start my own bracket analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Back in my day, the brackets were carved on cave walls ...

And single elimination truly meant elimination ...

Wooly mammoths and sabre-tooth tigers were perennial 1-seeds, you did NOT want to be in their brackets!

You whippersnappers since the ice age have had things EASY!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    In my day, the “Amoeba Defense” really was an amoeba. They’d go all primordial on common bacteria.

I wish they’d bring back the Big Bang tournament. Light, speed, energy — it really matter(ed).
    I shouldn't do this. I really should let it be...

... BUT all you YOUNGSTERS have vexed me because you have no idea how good you've had it!

Back in MY day, stars could not be formed, everyone was a black hole on offense, and ratings were down because we were all depressed about living through the end of the previous iteration of the universe. Our futuristic selves were more concerned about who could write the best death soliloquy than about brackets.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. The Attack Ships on fire from three on the shoulders of Orion O'Ryan. I watched the C-Beams glitter in the dork polls thanks to their defense, the Tannhauser Gate. All those Shining Moments were lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I would categorize the selection Sunday show as an awards show which puts it in a category of things I never watch. You can see the brackets online as soon as they are announced. I struggle to get one filled out before the games start. Mine always has Duke winning it all and UNC out before the Sweet 16 and then a lot of other ACC teams advancing farther than they actually make it. It’s formula for failure that has served me well.
    I pick whoever the cheaters are playing in the first round to win. I was the only one in my pool to pick, for instance, Weber State.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    ...I've decided that most of DBR has blocked me by now. It's the only explanation that makes sense...
    Never in a million years! Who could block brev?!

Imagine a million years from now, DBR still refining the arguments over minutes, match ups, the general mopery of the Crazies and brev will still be the prom king here!

Can't spork ya chum so bask in the tribute.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'