Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesin View Post
    To the best of my knowledge it's still sold in Japan and has been since it's introduction.
    Really? I lived in Japan for 17 years, six months and never saw a Zima for sale in 7-11 or any other fine Japanese establishments I frequented.
    Bob Green

Ken Jeong (aka Mr, Chow, aka Senor Chang, aka Duke Grad and UNC med school grad) apparently had a good time at the game.

https://t.co/U1vegcZ9vu

While not this game, PTI just gave a Happy Anniversary to Grayson getting t’d up against UNC last year. Wow, must be a REALLY slow news day.

Quote Originally Posted by mpandolfi View Post
    while not this game, pti just gave a happy anniversary to grayson getting t’d up against unc last year. Wow, must be a really slow news day.
    ygfbkm!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Really? I lived in Japan for 17 years, six months and never saw a Zima for sale in 7-11 or any other fine Japanese establishments I frequented.
    My daughter educated me:

http://thingsyouprobablydidntknowabo...9/10/zima.html

zima+conbini.jpg
    Bob Green

I don't think anyone would fault you for blocking it out of your memory if you did see it anyway.
    Class of '06

Please tell me that's not your fridge, Bob.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ygfbkm!
    I thought it was ygbfkm. I don't know, I seem to place that particulate adjective a little differently. Is it my NY upbringing?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I thought it was ygbfkm. I don't know, I seem to place that particulate adjective a little differently. Is it my NY upbringing?
    To quote that great dyslexic philosopher....Is there really a dog?

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    For Korea, it would be at bars that served "exotic" beers, and charged accordingly

Now in Saudi, it, and all others, it simply doesn't exist

You might want to take a look at this video of Ken Jeong having a good time at the game. I don't know why ESPN didn't have a camera pointed just at him the whole game.

^ Ken Jeong spent a couple days at Duke leading up to the game. His Twitter feed has pictures of him with Cutcliffe and around campus. So full of awesome. He would make for a great guest on the DBR podcast if our fearless leaders could ever hook that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    First chance to comment, been a long week...

The Heels were within one half of basketball to lock up an ACC tournament 2 seed and sweeping Duke, pretty much exceeding everyone’s expectations this season, so I’m really not that disappointed in this seasons ACC outcome, except that the loss cost me a pie.(Shoot me a PM Troublemaker with details, the site, and the pie you want...)

The game was pretty much decided by too much Bagley and some sloppy passing by the Heels down the stretch.

Duke’s energy level was much greater that second half while UNC seemed to play timid for some reason last night. Maybe it was that some good shots didn’t fall, or that Duke hit some deep ones and they couldn’t guard Bagley, but I didn’t expect that loss of confidence from a veteran team. Hopefully they will look at the tape and not make that mistake again this post season.

Berry admitted to playing “scared” and I don’t think he realized how he was playing until after the game, but I noticed it when he didn’t attack the 3/4 press and just walked it up. I also thought he let the crazies get into his head after that air ball, not aggressively taking shots he normally would. Credit the crazies there for staying with that chant, well beyond just the next couple of possessions, like happens at most schools.

Roy has done a great job getting this team competitive with the top teams in the country while lacking real production inside from the bigs, mainly defensively. For those who claimed he can’t/won’t adjust over the years, I’d say you’ve been proven wrong.

I saw somewhere that UNC is still ranked something like 7th in Kempom and RPI after this loss...(too tired tonight to look it up). Nobody, is going to want to see this UNC team in the tournament.

On to the next one...
    There was a stoppage of play, I think it was around 11:30 left in the 2nd half, where I got the impression that UNC was gassed...mouths open, chests heaving. Anyway, they left a lot of shots really short after that. I wonder if their defensive effort and adrenalin in the 1st half didn't leave them on empty in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    For Korea, it would be at bars that served "exotic" beers, and charged accordingly

Now in Saudi, it, and all others, it simply doesn't exist
    You may have to move on to Kuwait or Dubai, UAE

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    There was a stoppage of play, I think it was around 11:30 left in the 2nd half, where I got the impression that UNC was gassed...mouths open, chests heaving. Anyway, they left a lot of shots really short after that. I wonder if their defensive effort and adrenalin in the 1st half didn't leave them on empty in the 2nd.
    I don’t think that was it, UNC players are always in great shape.

I went back and watched the game again on watchESPN, UNC had the lead with 7mins left to go, then simply got rattled when Duke made some big shots from deep (Duval/Carter) and Bagley made some powerful/athletic plays.

A couple of bad passes for TO’s and missed shots after that on the road and...game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    With all the stoppages in play during a college basketball game I don’t see how any of those athletes could be tired. 4 time-outs per team plus media timeouts every 4 minutes.

Thank you Bagley, Grayson and Duval for making this week great. I still have a smile on my face every morning I wake.

9F

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Thank you Bagley, Grayson and Duval for making this week great. I still have a smile on my face every morning I wake.

9F
    It was almost like aliens took over their bodies and empowered them to beat the hell out those cheating SOB's from Cheater Hill