Funniest golf story I've read (recently)

I'm not a big fan of SBNation, but this account of the Waste Management Phoenix Open written by Spencer Hall is a classic. And, I don't even follow golf.

I heard Dan Patrick mention the madness of this event on his radio show yesterday. I had no idea it was that bad(good?).

He brought it up because they were discussing Justin Thomas having a fan kicked out of the Honda Classic this weekend because he heckled Justin after his tee shot.

Dan was asking whether fans thought heckling was good or bad for golf. And why is it allowed at events like the Phoenix but not others.

Certainly an entertaining read. I am okay with there being an acknowledged/expected "rowdy" golf tournament, am okay with the Phoenix Open being that event, and think it's probably good for golf for something like that to exist. I would not it to become the rule, though.

As if anyone asked me.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    I'm not a big fan of SBNation, but this account of the Waste Management Phoenix Open written by Spencer Hall is a classic. And, I don't even follow golf.
    The Phoenix Open is the tournament that gave us this memorable highlight from 1997. This was a couple months before Tiger destroyed the field at the 1997 Masters for his first major win.

"I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    The Phoenix Open is the tournament that gave us this memorable highlight from 1997. This was a couple months before Tiger destroyed the field at the 1997 Masters for his first major win.

Love that Tiger was "raising the roof". We did that in high school around this time, and I had totally forgotten about it. Ahh youth.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Love that Tiger was "raising the roof". We did that in high school around this time, and I had totally forgotten about it. Ahh youth.
    I wonder if Tiger thinks the ceiling is the roof.