Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    A Duke - UNC rematch is almost a certainty. Let’s hope we can play all 40 minutes like we played the second half last night. Let’s never see any more basketball like yesterday’s first half, probably the worst half of basketball any Duke team has played.

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    A Duke - UNC rematch is almost a certainty. Let’s hope we can play all 40 minutes like we played the second half last night. Let’s never see any more basketball like yesterday’s first half, probably the worst half of basketball any Duke team has played.
    Why a certainty? Duke also may play a Notre Dame at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I hope Louisville gets a rematch with UVA.
    Toward the end of yesterday's loss to N.C. State, the Cardinals spirit looked broke. Perhaps they can rebound, but it has been a tough year for them and they might be ready to fold it up.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Why a certainty? Duke also may play a Notre Dame at full strength.
    Yes, AND UNC has to win two games to get there, one against a team in Miami that already beat them @UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah, but one of those games is against Pitt, so it really does not count. I think there are pick-up teams at my local Y who could beat Pitt.
    A dog-tired ND vs a fresh Duke? Please bring it on. Isn’t that exactly why we wanted the double bye?

Quote Originally Posted by szstark View Post
    A dog-tired ND vs a fresh Duke? Please bring it on. Isn’t that exactly why we wanted the double bye?
    Yep, if we do play them it will be their third game in as many days. Fatigue will be a huge issue, especially for Bonzie himself as he just got back from injury so his conditioning probably isn’t all the way there. Honestly I know this may sound crazy but I’d rather play an exhausted ND versus a "only a bit tired, and with the advantage of having played a game" VT, who obviously just proved they can beat us.