Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke at Virginia Tech (2/26 7 pm ESPN) Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

Discuss the game here.
    Bob Green

VT almost certainly has to play better in Blacksburg than they did against us in Cameron. This team has some talent, and they are looking for every win they can headed to Selection Sunday. They are also the only team in the conference to beat UVA.

Desperate VT team that has just played against the zone. This will be an interesting game. Have Bags back, although he may be a bit sore with the quick turnaround, will provide some different looks. But it is never easy to play up there. Need everyone to play well and take care of the ball. Expect a hard fought game.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Desperate VT team that has just played against the zone. This will be an interesting game. Have Bags back, although he may be a bit sore with the quick turnaround, will provide some different looks. But it is never easy to play up there. Need everyone to play well and take care of the ball. Expect a hard fought game.
    quick turnaround indeed. However, even though VT just played us and saw the zone, i have to say that Duke has improved its zone defense a fair amount since we played them. We've held 4 strait teams to less than 58 pts, one of them being VT. We've also seen significant and sustained improvements from Bolden and DeLaurier during this stretch too, which can only bode well for Duke. Home court definitely gives them some advantages, but Duke also appears to have gotten over its early season road-game shell shock lately, at least somewhat.
    I don't think that Duke will win by 22 like we did last time we faced them, but a 10+ win would not surprise me.

An improvement in our 3s would go a long way in helping us win. Funny how in a short time we are not worrying bout our D.

I hope that this will be the game where both Grayson and Bags score well.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Vegas Line is Virginia Tech is favored by 1 point.

I think we all know this will be a very difficult game. We'll see a much tougher team than we saw in Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

I think we all know this will be a very difficult game. We'll see a much tougher team than we saw in Cameron.
    The lines I've seen has it Duke -5.

No way we're underdogs in this game. Most sports books have us as 5.5 point favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    No way we're underdogs in this game. Most sports books have us as 5.5 point favorites.
    ESPN usually posts Vegas line, so I don't know why they posted VTech -1

Maybe a mistake:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../date/20180226

ESPN usually posts Vegas line, so I don't know why they posted VTech -1

Maybe a mistake:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../date/20180226
    That's what happens when you rely on ESPN as an information source ;-). They have every home team as 1 point favorites.

That's what happens when you rely on ESPN as an information source ;-). They have every home team as 1 point favorites.
    I noticed that too. I’ll take KU minus 1 at home, thank you very much. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I noticed that too. I’ll take KU minus 1 at home, thank you very much. ��
    Oh come on guys. It's all true! ESPN has it on good authority from a source from Mark Schlabach. I think he wiretapped the Vegas Oddsmaker.

Yeah, ESPN doesn’t put real lines until the day before the games.

I feel like the Buzzard will have some effective schemes against our zone and I expect them to shoot well at home. I feel like this game is a huge test. Our defensive leap doesn’t feel completely real to me. It’s an irrational feeling, I want to believe.

I’d also would like to see if the rotation shows any signs of settling.

vtech plays in a dreary, dark and stuffy auditorium. The sight lines are terrible and it is very hard to shoot threes in there. Sound thuds off the cement ceiling and back onto the floor like an anvil.

I don't think they will be sporting their pink unis tomorrow although they were a refreshing chance from the orange and maroon.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I know there are differences, but, for me, this has the feel of the second 2010 game against Maryland.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Better shoot better than we did against Syracuse. We need threes against these guys, so light it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I hope that this will be the game where both Grayson and Bags score well.
    I'd rather that game be this Saturday. [Let Trent, Carter, and White have this one.]

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    vtech plays in a dreary, dark and stuffy auditorium.
    Remember 2015? OT and only won by a bucket or two. Something about that place. BIG GIANT FANS sloooowwwly turning as well.