Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 66, Clemson 57 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

9-0 run to win it. Nice!

Great needed win! 2nd place!

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Put your post-game thoughts here.
    Finished strong- that bodes well. Just followed on my phone and they got it done. Team is improving on the mental side of the game. You have to end well and today they did.

Big exhale. Team looked gassed from the 5 minute mark on. Happy to come away with the win. Zone defense loooked great, somewhat counterintuitively we are so much more aggressive in the zone and can really go after steals. Offensively we are not the same without Marvin.

Responded to the Clemson run with a 9-0 run to close it out. Good poise. The FTs were huge, as was that Carter move.

Good win.Guys stepped up at the end. I don't really get all the Duval criticism today. Thought he made several plays, both on O and D. Sure, there were a few bad ones, but the good far outweighed the bad today IMO.

Winning the last two minutes is better than stall balling our way to a win. GREAT practice for sweet-sixteen and onwards.

Whew. Consistently good effort with some mistakes thrown in .

Grayson had a great 1st half. He seemed to defer again in the 2nd but Carter came on big.

Good win. Bring on Louisville on Wednesday.

Big win. Scrappy game by both teams. Trent made up for missing the front end by hitting all three the next time he went to the line, it was the key play of the game.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Good win.Guys stepped up at the end. I don't really get all the Duval criticism today. Thought he made several plays, both on O and D. Sure, there were a few bad ones, but the good far outweighed the bad today IMO.
    Chat was actually pretty positive about Duval today, and I agree. He mostly made good decisions. He was active and effective on D, and he made shots when we needed them.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Very good win. We wouldn't have been capable of winning a road game like this two weeks ago, a game in which the opposing defense outplayed our offense. But "New Duke" (zone + return of Grayson + healthy Javin & Marques) can win an ugly defensive battle in a hostile atmosphere.

Now, it's just about getting Bagley back and having him adjust to "New Duke" (instead of the other way around).

Chat was actually pretty positive about Duval today, and I agree. He mostly made good decisions. He was active and effective on D, and he made shots when we needed them.
    Duval played well. Looks like Coach K is trying to get the ball out of his hands more though.

I'll admit, I flew off the handle during Clemson's 10-0 run. But a great two minutes to right the ship and get the win. It obviously wasn't always pretty, but there were signs of some real toughness by our guys. 3-0 without Bags, which also shows a nice ability to overcome adversity.

I love his ability to get to the rim. Would love it more if he could finish a few of those or dump them off to a big. Sometimes he tries to get them to a big but the pass is down around the knees and can't be handled.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Strange game. But a good win.
    Long stretches where the offense went quiet. That long five min near the half nearly cost us as we slowed things down. The foul on Trent’s 3 may have changed the game.
    Slow pace, grind it out.
    With the few stretches of poor rebounding and quiet offense it still highlights how Bagley would have really impressed this game. Javin played one of his better games but Bag’s offense and rebounding would have helped.
    I wish would could have Grayson and Carter playing well at the same time. It seems like it was one or the other. But a road win against #11 without possibly the best college player in the country? Yeah, I’ll take that. Plus K said he hates Sunday games so even better. Three of the final four are at home. Go DUKE.
    The ceiling is the roof

Quote Originally Posted by ipatent View Post
    Big win. Scrappy game by both teams. Trent made up for missing the front end by hitting all three the next time he went to the line, it was the key play of the game.
    That stupid Clemson foul was the big play of the game.. We were reeling.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

What a game. Duke looked gassed at the 4:15 mark. Duval had a great game on both sides. Positive minutes for Bolden and White. A huge road win in a hostile environment. Grayson was the best in the first half with Carter taking over the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Very good win. We wouldn't have been capable of winning a road game like this two weeks ago, a game in which the opposing defense outplayed our offense. But "New Duke" (zone + return of Grayson + healthy Javin & Marques) can win an ugly defensive battle in a hostile atmosphere.

Now, it's just about getting Bagley back and having him adjust to "New Duke" (instead of the other way around).
    While we struggled with Kyrie’s return in ‘11, Boozer was able to adjust nicely in 2001 - Let’s pray Bagley can do the same.

As far as the game goes - H-U-G-E win! We control our own destiny for the 2 seed in the ACCT and, theoretically, a #1 seed in the NCAAT.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    That stupid Clemson foul was the big play of the game.. We were reeling.
    If was a Clemson fan, that foul would have made me scream.