Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    So maybe Derek Jones got a title and some money but Ben Albert and Matt Guerrieri got the responsibility, as far as the D coaches are concerned?

Duke Coaching Staff
    David Cutcliffe – Head Coach (Alabama, 1976)
    Zac Roper – Baxter Family Deputy Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator/QB (Ole Miss, 2001)
    Derek Jones – Associate Head Coach/DB (Ole Miss, 1996)
    Ben Albert – Co-Defensive Coordinator/DL (Massachusetts, 1995)
    Matt Guerrieri – Co-Defensive Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator [Defense]/DS (Davidson, 2011)
    Jim Bridge – Assistant Coach/OL (Wittenberg, 1992)
    Jeffrey Faris – Assistant Coach/Recruiting Coordinator [Offense]/TE (Duke, 2011)
    Re’quan Boyette – Assistant Coach/RB (Duke, 2009)
    Lanier Goethie – Assistant Coach/LB (Ole Miss, 2003)
    Gerad Parker – Assistant Coach/WR (Kentucky, 2003)
    Kirk Benedict – Assistant Coach/Special Teams & Defense (Davidson, 2010)
    One thing I noticed with all the new coaching position descriptions, the terms "running game coordinator" and "passing game coordinator" have disappeared. Perhaps that is insignificant or perhaps Head Coach David Cutcliffe is going to coordinate the running and passing game.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Mississippi State disagrees with you. Moving from OL coach at Duke to OL coach at Mississippi State is technically a lateral move but I believe few would argue that it is not a promotion. However, I am excited to see Jim Bridge as the Duke OL coach.
    I know Miss State would disagree...and I'm thrilled Mississippi State disagreed and hired him. And yes, it would probably be an upward move, no worse than lateral for him, and I'm glad he has a fresh start. I am glad he's gone, too, because I thought OL along with WR was our worst performing groups last season, and they never seemed to improve. Glad both groups have new coaching in place.

BTW I think I was right about Scottie Montgomery too - and ECU was wrong. I'm sure they'd love to ship him back to us. I think Montgomery peaked as WR coach, and was very good at it. Didn't buy him as OC and certainly not QB Coach nor Head Coach.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    How does having two DCs work? Play calling by committee in crunch time sounds like a recipe for trouble.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."