Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    My ancestors are screaming "yecch!" I mean like 4,000 generations worth of ancestors.

However, I will try to keep an open mind. Please give us your review.

Is it really more healthy? I'm not yet on the vegan wagon, so I need a health based incentive to give it a try. Is there significant protein?
    According to the nutrition facts listed on the website, it's indeed protein-rich (20g), but I'm also quite surprised at how high in fat it still is:
    Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 1.12.39 PM.jpg
    Might be sticking with beef after all. The main attraction for me is that it's said to be much more beef-like in texture and flavor than the typical veggie burger, but the nutrition advantages appear to be minimal upon closer inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    According to the nutrition facts listed on the website, it's indeed protein-rich (20g), but I'm also quite surprised at how high in fat it still is:
    Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 1.12.39 PM.jpg
    Might be sticking with beef after all. The main attraction for me is that it's said to be much more beef-like in texture and flavor than the typical veggie burger, but the nutrition advantages appear to be minimal upon closer inspection.
    I have a vegan friend who swears by them.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    What is everyone's experience with alcohol and weight loss? I'm always debating whether I need to skip the nightly martini in order to lose weight...
    At the risk of posting something which would be more appropriate for the "Ymm, Beer" thread, I'd like to ask if anyone has a recommendation for a decent light beer which is widely available.

I find Sam Adams Light to be OK. However, at 120 calories per 12 ounces, it isn't particularly low in calories.

Yeungling Light only has 99 calories per 12 ounces and I don't find it completely repulsive.

Cambridge Brewing Company has a pretty good beer called "Remain in Light". However, a) I don't know whether this is available outside the Boston area, b) I am not sure whether this is actually a light beer, and c) discussion of this beer might be more appropriate for the "New Wave Music" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    At the risk of posting something which would be more appropriate for the "Ymm, Beer" thread, I'd like to ask if anyone has a recommendation for a decent light beer which is widely available.

I find Sam Adams Light to be OK. However, at 120 calories per 12 ounces, it isn't particularly low in calories.

Yeungling Light only has 99 calories per 12 ounces and I don't find it completely repulsive.

Cambridge Brewing Company has a pretty good beer called "Remain in Light". However, a) I don't know whether this is available outside the Boston area, b) I am not sure whether this is actually a light beer, and c) discussion of this beer might be more appropriate for the "New Wave Music" thread.
    Good question. Would be interested in an IPA that is relatively low in carbs and calories, although I think by definition that's gonna be hard to pull off without killing the taste. Founders Brewing's All Day IPA is 147 calories and 12g of carbs -- ouch -- but a lot less than some others I guess.

ETA: Yikes! Just looked up the Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA I have in the fridge -- somewhere between 495 and 540 calories per bottle depending on the website!!!! Can that be right?
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 02-28-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Good question. Would be interested in an IPA that is relatively low in carbs and calories, although I think by definition that's gonna be hard to pull off without killing the taste. Founders Brewing's All Day IPA is 147 calories and 12g of carbs -- ouch -- but a lot less than some others I guess.

ETA: Yikes! Just looked up the Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA I have in the fridge -- somewhere between 495 and 540 calories per bottle depending on the website!!!! Can that be right?
    Most likely, that is correct. Those high ABV beers (120 Minute IPA is about 18% ABV ) contain an insane amount of calories. That's a lot of time pounding the pavement to burn off those calories.

That reminds me, I divided one of those over 3 nights last week and have yet to post a review on Ymm, Beer.

I'd be happy to prevent that particular brew from ever reaching your waistline if you'd bring to a tailgate this fall.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post

Here's a beeradvocate discussion:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...ie-beer.99056/

Here's a beer advocate list:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/style/39/

Another list (nice title):

https://www.menshealth.com/guy-wisdo...t-suck/slide/8

On January 15th I was 220lbs. As of one hour ago, I am 207lbs.

The no beer during the week rule has hurt my ymm, beer post count, but improved my waistline.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

The no beer during the week rule has hurt my ymm, beer post count, but improved my waistline.
    Way to go!

I have dropped from 180 to 164 since January 1. Can count on one hand the number of beers I have had. For me, it makes a huge difference.

One of those was a DfH 120 Minute IPA though . . . .

Congrats!

That's a tough balancing act, and no, I don't mean 12 ounce curls with each arm.

Way to go!

I have dropped from 180 to 164 since January 1. Can count on one hand the number of beers I have had. For me, it makes a huge difference.

One of those was a DfH 120 Minute IPA though . . . .

Wait, I thought you said it was in your fridge?

20.gif20.gif

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wait, I thought you said it was in your fridge?

20.gif20.gif
    Bought a four-pack.

Now have a three-pack. One in the fridge, two stored in a cool dark location.

Can’t buy it in Georgia, had to smuggle it across the state line. Felt like Jerry Reed smuggling Coors from Texas.

Bought a four-pack.

Can’t buy it in Georgia, had to smuggle it across the state line. Felt like Jerry Reed smuggling Coors from Texas.
    Well, tell us what you thought of it...

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...m-Beer/page757

Coors

Love this. Brings back memories from the mid 70s, i.e. buying Coors on base at Little Creek, VA and sneaking it to family and friends in NC. Good times.

Bought a four-pack.

Can't buy it in NC either at about 18% ABV so I bought a case to share/trade/cellar on a trip to Columbus, Ohio, last fall.

(Shhh, don't tell anyone. It had to cross several state lines going and coming.)

Focusing on my 64oz of daily water intake these days. Ymm, Pellegrino.

Ezekiel bread. I’ve become a believer.

Ezekiel bread. I’ve become a believer.
    Living Biblically?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Living Biblically?
    Hopefully, done with the begatting.

Well, that's awesome.
    Let's go Duke!

Ezekiel bread ...
    Most anything tastes good with PB&J, and washed down with gin.