Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Also, I think I’ve a rotator cuff thing. Can still do everything but sure hasn’t healed.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’ve been doing awesome since the New Year, typically getting 4-6 exercise days a week, a mix of running, HIITs, and heavy compound (for me) lifting + yard work.

I feel fitter and stronger but also feel plateaud and a bit stuck. Most of the above are necessarily short and focused workouts between two young kids and work.

Thoughts on a kick in the butt welcome!
    Pick a running race and set an ambitious but realistic goal?

come on up and do my mulching for me every Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    come on up and do my mulching for me every Spring.
    Hah! I am afraid of Turdzilla!

Hah! I am afraid of Turdzilla!
    we'll give him a barrel of bird seed to eat while you do your chores and we watch him for you.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I've been doing Camp Gladiator workouts for the last 3 weeks. I haven't been on back to back days yet...was going to do that for the first time yesterday but the foster dog we were watching made a mess so instead of an hour of CG, I did an hour of cleanup.

To get to every day I think I'm going to have to supplement with something lighter on my off days...
    The post above was my last entry in this thread. It was right after I started Camp Gladiator. I've been sticking with it since. I've done 3 CG workouts this week and will get 1 or 2 more in. Overall it's been a good thing. I'm leaner and have added a little muscle. I've only dropped a few pounds but losing weight wasn't and isn't my primary goal. The better I do with my diet the more results I'll see. I'll do OK for a while with my food and the get bored and start to eat more poorly for a while.

CG is the first in person, trainer led fitness work I've done in a while. I'm enjoying the workouts and the social aspects of it with the other campers.

I’ve been doing awesome since the New Year, typically getting 4-6 exercise days a week, a mix of running, HIITs, and heavy compound (for me) lifting + yard work.

I feel fitter and stronger but also feel plateaud and a bit stuck. Most of the above are necessarily short and focused workouts between two young kids and work.

Thoughts on a kick in the butt welcome!
    I'm in the same camp. I am excited to report I hit a new PR on the bench press: 270 pounds at 195 bodyweight. I was stuck at 260 for about two and a half years
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I'm in the same camp. I am excited to report I hit a new PR on the bench press: 270 pounds at 195 bodyweight. I was stuck at 260 for about two and a half years
    Congrats that a big number as far as I'm concerned. I'm a pretty small guy (159lbs) and I'm getting old (turned 56 last week) so I don't do anything heavy anymore but even when I did I didn't come close to 270! Anyway, it's all relative so I'm happy for you to hit a PR, that had to feel great.

I'm still doing Camp Gladiator a few times a week so I'm staying in pretty good shape. Been at it since September so I've seen some decent results. It's fun to go to camp and try to keep up with guys much younger than I am.

Whoa! That's bringing it! 🔥 strong work!

I have changed up my workout routine after the 500 pushups a day routine for 3 years. Back into lifting in a more traditional sense. I do a ton of burnout with biceps, triceps and chest. I have historically had shoulder issues, so I do lighter weights there. The pushup routine kind of rounded my shoulders and pulled them forward a bit. Trying to counteract that with more back and chest work. Weight is up slightly, but I am thinner in the waist. Chest definition is much better. I have probably put on 3-5 lbs of upper body muscle. Lost an inch in the waist. I'm not as strong as you. Bench up to 250 and I weigh 173. I also box 3-5 times a week for cardio and try to get in 20K steps a day. Will be 50 in August.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Congrats that a big number as far as I'm concerned. I'm a pretty small guy (159lbs) and I'm getting old (turned 56 last week) so I don't do anything heavy anymore but even when I did I didn't come close to 270! Anyway, it's all relative so I'm happy for you to hit a PR, that had to feel great.

I'm still doing Camp Gladiator a few times a week so I'm staying in pretty good shape. Been at it since September so I've seen some decent results. It's fun to go to camp and try to keep up with guys much younger than I am.
    Thank you and return kudos/nice work. I checked out Camp Gladiator. Looks fun!

Beating/hanging with 20/30-somethings at my CrossFit gym is also what keeps me going. I have a borderline unhealthy competitive drive. I think I have some advantage, as they all go out drinking on weeknights and I get good sleep.

Played full court basketball, six games in a row, for the first time in many years on Wednesday night. I run on my own pretty frequently, but realized when I woke up the next day with my calves on fire that I do not jump very often anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Whoa! That's bringing it! 🔥 strong work!

I have changed up my workout routine after the 500 pushups a day routine for 3 years. Back into lifting in a more traditional sense. I do a ton of burnout with biceps, triceps and chest. I have historically had shoulder issues, so I do lighter weights there. The pushup routine kind of rounded my shoulders and pulled them forward a bit. Trying to counteract that with more back and chest work. Weight is up slightly, but I am thinner in the waist. Chest definition is much better. I have probably put on 3-5 lbs of upper body muscle. Lost an inch in the waist. I'm not as strong as you. Bench up to 250 and I weigh 173. I also box 3-5 times a week for cardio and try to get in 20K steps a day. Will be 50 in August.
    Well, if I weigh 20 pounds more and my bench is 20 pounds more, I'd say you are stronger.

The boxing sounds awesome!

May I witness you on adding back squats to your routine?

The boxing sounds awesome!
    The best part about boxing is that it's cardio disguised as weight training because you are hitting a heavy bag the entire time.

The best part about boxing is that it's cardio disguised as weight training because you are hitting a heavy bag the entire time.
    I thought the best part of boxing was pretending the bag was a former colleague.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I thought the best part of boxing was pretending the bag was a former colleague.

-jk
    The 2nd best part about boxing is that it's cardio disguised as weight training because you are hitting a heavy bag the entire time.
    Report Quote

so many great ways to keep yourself motivated and fit...i find myself in a rut, but a very happy, enjoyable, enduring rut...5-6 brisk walking miles each day with the hound, rain or shine or nasty cold, it keeps me on the rails.

Some light weights thrice a week, too.

I’m ashamed to admit I’ve started doing the chumbuwumba tubthumper burpee finisher.

I’m ashamed to admit I’ve started doing the chumbuwumba tubthumper burpee finisher.
    I don't know what that is, but I assume you get knocked down but then you get back up again.

I don't know what that is, but I assume you get knocked down but then you get back up again.
    That is exactly it. Sigh…

That is exactly it. Sigh…
    You're pissing the night away.

You're pissing the night away.
    And my dignity. Neighbors probably think I’m crazy blasting it and hopping around my garage.