Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aroundworld View Post
    I used to not really like fitness, but lately I have been doing sports more and more. I actually lost weight and now feel better.
    Awesome! What sports?

One week of walking seven miles/day on the beach was a terrific change, but my body felt the difference when I got home and had to walk up a lot of very steep hills (18% grade on several).

Quote Originally Posted by LeviSais213 View Post
    For a long time, I suffered from drug addiction. But I was tired of living like that, so I decided to get rid of my addiction. I took a long course of treatment. After being discharged from the hospital, I felt bad, but I decided to join a gym. Sports helped me to forget about drugs.
    Sounds like somebody's mama raised a quiter.

Anyone here have an implantable cardio defibrillator / pacemaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I did just this during the pandemic and haven't rejoined a gym yet. I spent more than $1,000, but IMO got the most bang for my buck.

I have really enjoyed working out in the fresh air (Arnold once said something to this effect about working out at Venice Beach). You also save a lot of time not having to commute back and forth to the gym. Even on a busy day, you can hop outside for a few quick sets.

Our main home gym pieces are:

Rogue Monster Lite Half Rack
    Rogue Flat Utility Bench 2.0
    Rogue Monster Lite Safety Spotter Arms (I use these to stay safe during bench press, but also for dips!)
    Rogue Monster Lite Plate Storage Channel
    Rogue V2 Gun Rack

I have a Rogue Power Lifting Bar, a Rogue Olympic Bar, and about 400 pounds of bumper plates from Rep Fitness. The bumper plates were a bit less expensive from Rep Fitness, but just as good as the lower end Rogue plates, IMO. My old gym had Rogue bumpers and I haven't seen much difference. We also have two plyoboxes, one purchased locally and one on Amazon from Rage Fitness, which are both adequate.

Please feel free to DM if you have any questions. You can check out our setup here if you like: https://www.instagram.com/atlifter/

I’ve been building my home gym over the last few months. Ended up in the garage with the below for now:

Couple of horse mats
    Rogue Monster lite squat stand with pull-up bar
    Rogue Ohio bar + bumper plate set
    Plate storage extender
    Adjustable bench (not from Rogue)

Been very happy with all the equipment so far. Super easy to set up. Feels gym sturdy even if it’s not a full rack.

Been nice to start lifting again but definitely feel humbled after two years out of the gym due to the pandemic and my wife and I having 2 kids. They’re in daycare now but I am still remote so great getting a lunch workout in.

Deadlift Personal Record

I have been stuck on a 400 pound deadlift for around 4 years.

Some of you who have been around a gym for a while will know that four standard 45 pound plates on each side of a standard 45 pound bar is 405 pounds.

Well, I have tried and failed on about 5-6 occasions to deadlift 405, and it has been years since I have given it a go.

During the pandemic, I set up my own home gym and discovered I respond best to high volume upper body work//presses, medium volume squatting, and low volume deadlifts. I only deadlift around once or two a month these days.

Yesterday, I pulled a heavy (for me) triple at 375 and it felt so good that I put 415 pounds on the bar. I was able to deadlift it fairly easily, but decided to stop at that weight.

Anyway, it was quite a triumph, as I cleared a hurdle that has been in my way for quite some time. I attribute the PR to training more squats and less deadlifts, which seems to be the right mix for my body.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I have been stuck on a 400 pound deadlift for around 4 years.

Some of you who have been around a gym for a while will know that four standard 45 pound plates on each side of a standard 45 pound bar is 405 pounds.

Well, I have tried and failed on about 5-6 occasions to deadlift 405, and it has been years since I have given it a go.

During the pandemic, I set up my own home gym and discovered I respond best to high volume upper body work//presses, medium volume squatting, and low volume deadlifts. I only deadlift around once or two a month these days.

Yesterday, I pulled a heavy (for me) triple at 375 and it felt so good that I put 415 pounds on the bar. I was able to deadlift it fairly easily, but decided to stop at that weight.

Anyway, it was quite a triumph, as I cleared a hurdle that has been in my way for quite some time. I attribute the PR to training more squats and less deadlifts, which seems to be the right mix for my body.
    Fantastic work!!!! That's huge!

Bump. ‘Cause I’ve been bumpin’ it lately. Down 14 lbs since mid-summer, another 5 or so to be in my butter zone.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Bump. ‘Cause I’ve been bumpin’ it lately. Down 14 lbs since mid-summer, another 5 or so to be in my butter zone.
    time for a few celebratory cheesesteaks! Way to go!

Oh wow! How are you doing it? And great job!

Camp Gladiator

Started doing Camp Gladiator workouts a couple of weeks ago (this is my 3rd week). They had a $10 for a month introductory offer that I grabbed to try it out. A friend of mine has been in CG for a while and she's in the best shape I've ever seen her in and I've known her more than 20 years. So far, every workout has pretty much crushed me in one way or another. At the same time, I'm already getting to know some of the people that show up regularly and I like the accountability that comes from being in a community. I've had trouble really getting going on the fitness front for a while now (1.5 years really) so this might be just what I need. I do feel like it'll get me in good shape if I can stick with it for at least a few months.

I told my wife "I think I joined a fitness cult". Could be true.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Oh wow! How are you doing it? And great job!
    1. Tracking weight, calories, and amount of exercise daily.

2. Coming to terms with a near-daily chicken or salmon on a salad for lunch.

3. No alcohol. (Okay, almost no alcohol). And healthy food choices.

And, thanks!

1. Tracking weight, calories, and amount of exercise daily.

2. Coming to terms with a near-daily chicken or salmon on a salad for lunch.

3. No alcohol. (Okay, almost no alcohol). And healthy food choices.

And, thanks!
    Nice work. I need to google ‘butter zone’.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Started doing Camp Gladiator workouts a couple of weeks ago (this is my 3rd week). They had a $10 for a month introductory offer that I grabbed to try it out. A friend of mine has been in CG for a while and she's in the best shape I've ever seen her in and I've known her more than 20 years. So far, every workout has pretty much crushed me in one way or another. At the same time, I'm already getting to know some of the people that show up regularly and I like the accountability that comes from being in a community. I've had trouble really getting going on the fitness front for a while now (1.5 years really) so this might be just what I need. I do feel like it'll get me in good shape if I can stick with it for at least a few months.

I told my wife "I think I joined a fitness cult". Could be true.
    Also strong work! Joining a boxing gym soon.

I’m starting up again. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Good luck...getting that first bit of momentum going can be so tough! I feel like I have a little 'mo' but still need more...

gotta do it every day until it becomes a habit you just don't want to break.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    gotta do it every day until it becomes a habit you just don't want to break.
    I've been doing Camp Gladiator workouts for the last 3 weeks. I haven't been on back to back days yet...was going to do that for the first time yesterday but the foster dog we were watching made a mess so instead of an hour of CG, I did an hour of cleanup.

To get to every day I think I'm going to have to supplement with something lighter on my off days...

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I’m right there with you. Had a pretty good nine month streak halted by a quad strain on my left leg and twisted knee on my right. I’m still a bit hesitant but I kind of miss it. That and my watch keeps nagging me.

I’ve been doing awesome since the New Year, typically getting 4-6 exercise days a week, a mix of running, HIITs, and heavy compound (for me) lifting + yard work.

I feel fitter and stronger but also feel plateaud and a bit stuck. Most of the above are necessarily short and focused workouts between two young kids and work.

Thoughts on a kick in the butt welcome!