Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 631
  1. #401
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The canine and I are heading out shortly, sunny (good!) but -10F (less good), would love to have company. How the dog does this stark nekked is quite impressive, but this is what Labradors do...
    If you really loved the dog, you'd do the walk in the buff too for solidarity.

    Just sayin'


    (Should be upper 50's-low 60's, sunny and slight breezes this weekend. Really looking forward to long walks with my current audiobook. Should log about 15-19 miles.)

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Down 10 pounds since I started my “no beer, no bread” routine 35 days ago with lots of exercise thrown in too. Amazing what exercise and improved nutrition can do!

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Down 10 pounds since I started my “no beer, no bread” routine 35 days ago with lots of exercise thrown in too. Amazing what exercise and improved nutrition can do!
    Hmmm, you have to ask yourself. Could you have lost say 5lbs instead of 10 if you'd have gone just "no bread"? I mean 5 is pretty solid too!

    Seriously, that's good progress.

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Hmmm, you have to ask yourself. Could you have lost say 5lbs instead of 10 if you'd have gone just "no bread"? I mean 5 is pretty solid too!

    Seriously, that's good progress.
    Yea, there aren't *many* reasons to say "no beer." (link provided upon request...)

    Amirite, elvis?

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Hmmm, you have to ask yourself. Could you have lost say 5lbs instead of 10 if you'd have gone just "no bread"? I mean 5 is pretty solid too!

    Seriously, that's good progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yea, there aren't *many* reasons to say "no beer." (link provided upon request...)

    Amirite, elvis?

    Unfortunately for me, "having a beer or two" usually leads to a handful of snacks on top, and decreased desire to get out of bed at 5:30 to get to the gym. It can literally be an 800 to 1,000 calorie swing. Easier for me to just swear 'em off and hit it hard to get to my goal, instead of slowly hem-hawing my way down there in a race to see if I run out of motivation before I get to the target.

    Plus, if I throw it in as giving it up for Lent, I get a two-fer. Win-win.

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Unfortunately for me, "having a beer or two" usually leads to a handful of snacks on top, and decreased desire to get out of bed at 5:30 to get to the gym. It can literally be an 800 to 1,000 calorie swing. Easier for me to just swear 'em off and hit it hard to get to my goal, instead of slowly hem-hawing my way down there in a race to see if I run out of motivation before I get to the target.

    Plus, if I throw it in as giving it up for Lent, I get a two-fer. Win-win.
    Can't argue with that, especially the snacking part.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Can't argue with that, especially the snacking part.
    And I tend to prefer high ABV beer.

    The good news is, once ai hit the target, I can glutton out for a few months until the pants start getting tight again!

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And I tend to prefer high ABV beer.

    The good news is, once ai hit the target, I can glutton out for a few months until the pants start getting tight again!
    Nah, just keep up the daily exercise routine and cut out some of the snacks.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Nah, just keep up the daily exercise routine and cut out some of the snacks.
    I’m told that “twelve ounce diminishing curls” isn’t really a thing. Drat.

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m told that “twelve ounce diminishing curls” isn’t really a thing. Drat.
    Have you tried double fisting them though?

  11. #411
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m told that “twelve ounce diminishing curls” isn’t really a thing. Drat.
    Not when those "curls" are 10% ABV or higher.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  12. #412
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Have you tried double fisting them though?
    We all that “multiple reps”

    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Not when those "curls" are 10% ABV or higher.
    That usually leads to “involuntary planking”

  13. #413
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Really struggling with some back and hip soreness. Hoping another day or two of rest is gonna help. Might try a restorative yoga class.

  14. #414
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Not when those "curls" are 10% ABV or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    … That usually leads to “involuntary planking
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    ... Might try a restorative yoga class.

    Combined = Savasana

  15. #415
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Really struggling with some back and hip soreness. Hoping another day or two of rest is gonna help. Might try a restorative yoga class.
    At the risk of making an ignorant comment because I have limited information and zero medical training....

    Have you tried using a foam roller? I use one most days and it really helps with back stiffness and soreness. It really makes a difference for me. YMMV

  16. #416
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Combined = Savasana
    Thanks, I will have to try that tonight!

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Thanks, I will have to try that tonight!
    I have the foam "rumbleroller". I has little "nubs" that offer more trigger point and deep tissue massage pressure. It's basically a medieval torture device. However, if my lower back is hurting, I use it on my hamstrings and my back feels much better.

  18. #418
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    With many public gyms closing due to the virus how is everyone going to stay on top of their fitness?

    Looks like I'll have a lot more push-ups, body weight squats and core workouts headed my way.

  19. #419
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    With many public gyms closing due to the virus how is everyone going to stay on top of their fitness?

    Looks like I'll have a lot more push-ups, body weight squats and core workouts headed my way.
    Wondering the same. Dropped 20 pounds and just hit my target, was hoping to now turn more seriously towards reducing body fat % while maintaining weight.

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    If you are weight training and not consuming content by Jeff Cavaliere, you aren't doing it right. Jeff owns Athleanx. He posts a ton of free content on youtube and social media (just search athleanx on youtube). He is the most knowledgeable physical fitness professional I have ever seen. The thing that I appreciate most is that he will instruct you how to do an exercise the right way to build muscle and not get hurt.

    For what it's worth, I consider myself in pretty good shape. I weight train about 30 minutes a day and very rarely do dedicated cardio work. I eat a clean breakfast and lunch every day and try to stay clean for dinner but that is harder.
    Athleanx is posting some great at home work out videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM
  2. Duke Fencer Named to President's Council on Physical Fitness
    By sagegrouse in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2017, 11:52 AM
  3. Fitness tracker recommendations?
    By Turk in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-25-2016, 10:19 PM
  4. Posture in Health and Fitness
    By OZZIE4DUKE in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 11:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •